Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Riding a Puzey :) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Today I've finally gotten around to snap some pictures of what I got myself some weeks ago.

This must be the mother of all exotics - a South-African brand, made in China, and is called Puzey. Model is XTR4:

It's got a Loncin 300cc engine, which is supposed to be based on KLX300. So much I can confirm that it uses KLX300 oil filter:

So far I can only say positive things about the bike. It doesn't show many "Chinese" features. On the contrary, there are many CNC parts on it, for example:

Suspension is fully adjustable, and there's even a patented system for lowering the rear end (I haven't played with that yet):

It comes with a 36mm flat-side Koso carb, which is nice (for me at least ):

One of the bugs is that the speedo is basically useless as the numbers it shows are more close to random, than to actual speed:

I got the bike cheap, as it was a leftover, showroom unit at a UK importer. I paid 1000GBP for it (I'll leave the currency exchange to you). There are some "marks" of that it has sat for a while, like the stickers are a bit dark and peeling along the edges. There are some small bits of rust on some nuts and bolts, but nothing I can't live with.

Initially the bike came with a 14-52 sprockets, which was way too low gearing. I tried going to 14-46, but it was still low, so now I'm on 14-38 and it's about OK.

Overall I have to say I'm MORE than pleasantly surprised with what I got. As Top Gear would say, "It's a good bike. Without the words "for the money". It's a good bike, full stop."

Quality and performance is much better compared to my wife's Skyteam for example. And both bikes were manufactured in 2011! I can only hope that Puzey has raised their quality since then, so the new bikes must be even better.

Finally, I guess it's time I admit I'm all Chinese these days :

2. #2 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    Комшија, давај ту мастику да наздравимо!
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
    Finally, I guess it's time I admit I'm all Chinese these days :
    No, you aren't.

Show us some GW "Made in Ловеч" and just after that I'll believe you. :)

4. #4 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    Lucky You, care to share some insight into who the UK importer is and are they still importing or was that it for them?

I recall Puzey claiming they were making an attempt at setting up some distributing in Europe, is the other dirt bike from them too?

Also they added some new bikes to their product line and seemed to expanded their network in Africa all the way up to Kenya and the Congo. They are now offering a couple of the Jiajue bikes and the Zongshen Rx-3.

You got that for cheap, here is an add for them, but with no date.
    http://www.bikesplanet.co.uk/puzey-x...otocross-bike/

5. #5 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    I would be expecting to see this "Feishen" in UK branded as CCM, but it seems that some of the plans are not fulfilled.

6. #6 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    Awesome collection! I always wanted a Puzey, as we had them under the Pitster Pro brand name here in the US. CCM also rebranded them in the UK several years ago as their own brand. I believe the engine is rated at around 25 hp--liquid-cooled and all that other good stuff!

7. #7 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    Engine LC 178 MN pumps out 28 HP at 8.5k rpm.

Feishen_Specs.jpg

8. #8 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Комшија, давај ту мастику да наздравимо!
    Винаги готов! Пирот е на има-няма 90км

9. #9 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    No, you aren't.

Show us some GW "Made in Ловеч" and just after that I'll believe you. :)
    I would, but I can't bring myself once again into paying lease, insurance and taxes for a brand new car, albeit their pickup truck is very tempting with the price of ~20k euro.

10. #10 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Lucky You, care to share some insight into who the UK importer is and are they still importing or was that it for them?

I recall Puzey claiming they were making an attempt at setting up some distributing in Europe, is the other dirt bike from them too?

Also they added some new bikes to their product line and seemed to expanded their network in Africa all the way up to Kenya and the Congo. They are now offering a couple of the Jiajue bikes and the Zongshen Rx-3.

You got that for cheap, here is an add for them, but with no date.
    http://www.bikesplanet.co.uk/puzey-x...otocross-bike/
    The dealer is http://funbikes.co.uk/ but AFAIK it was their last one. They offered them a year or two ago so I asked if they'd import them again. They said they might, but when the USD exchange rate becomes more favourable, and then they offered me their showroom bike at half price. I couldn't walk away from such an offer, could I?

In the past, CCM was also offering re-branded Puzeys, hence once in a while some of them pop up on ebay.co.uk.

These days I'm not sure if anyone is importing them in EU. But few years ago I contacted directly Puzey in SA, and they had no problem offering me a single bike FOB at a China harbour (Ningbo I think it was). I just had to arrange the transport and import bureaucracy. At the time, I didn't go with that option as I couldn't register it without a CE certificate (which they still don't have, btw.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast