Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Visit to Qingqi motorcycle dealership in Sichuan, China 
    Not really a ride report (although I did ride there) but I thought some may like to see what a motorcycle dealership in China looks like. Thought I'd share a couple pics of the place.

This is the "Jin Muo" motorcycle center and is probably the newest and best stocked in Western China

Everything from Suzuki to Qingqi. Most assembly is done outdoors although some shops do have service centers out back, which I recently needed to use because the tachometer busted on my QingQi 200GY. Waiting 2 weeks for replacement.

The Qingqi showroom (on the left) has a wide variety of bikes, but the most interesting are the GY series, which we all know as Qlink in the US.

If you look closely, the dealer marked prices (in RMB) are on these little posts clamped to the handlebars.

The only thing better than bikes are bikes and babes!

When I asked to take pictures of the bikes she eagerly volunteered. Far be it for me to turn down such an enthusiastic and ambitious soul? :wink:

Good times. I'm trying to get in touch with the factory for a ride in May but it's proving to be more difficult than I had hoped. Will keep you guys posted.

Paz,
    CC

2. #2 Question 
    Scooterin'through Chengdu logan's Avatar
    Hey Crazy Carl - this is logan from Chengdu - the pics that you posted lookin like the 2nd chengdu moto market am i right?
    But there is still another one here.The former old market not far away from where you made your pics - just down the street
    Greetings from Chengdu

Ralph aka Logan ( driving a 150cc Yamaha Majesty Copy in Chengdu )

Logan,

There used to be the old moto market just down the road (WuHou DaDao if I recall) but then it moved a few KM's out to this place (Jin Muo) which I believe is the newest and largest motorcycle shop in Chengdu. There is another on just sount of it on the west side of 3rd ring road which also has some new bikes but not as many of the big name brands.

check out the following link for locations of motorcycle shops in Chengdu...

http://www.carlparker.com/chengdu/

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com