Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New member in BJ 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi All, this is Alex. Im new here and also new with chinese motorbikes. I have only some experience riding a GS 650 DAKAR back in my country.

Here in Beijing I got a KINLON GY 200cc and now im waiting for a Zongshen 150cc, the "semi-professional" one ZS150GY-10A. Any references about this bike? I will upload more info about this bike soon.

It was difficult to decide between QinQi, Zongshen 200cc and this one 150cc.

Cheers,
    Alex.-

Alex,

Welcome to MCM. You'll find there's more than a couple members here in Beijing and they meet periodically to drink beer and tell lies.

Anyway, there are some other options besides 150cc bikes now. Search the site and you'll see some interesting 250's are available.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Alex,

Anyway, there are some other options besides 150cc bikes now. Search the site and you'll see some interesting 250's are available.

CC
    Thanks a lot Carl. Re: 250cc, do you know if I can get a Jing A or B plate if i buy one? The dealer told me the LIMIT was 200cc :(

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Alex,

Welcome to MCM. You'll find there's more than a couple members here in Beijing and they meet periodically to drink beer and tell lies.

CC
    BTW, the dealer of the Zongshen 150cc just called me saying that the "semi-professional" one, was a TEST edition and is out of production... nice.

No im looking again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Thanks a lot Carl. Re: 250cc, do you know if I can get a Jing A or B plate if i buy one? The dealer told me the LIMIT was 200cc :(
    That's a good question for a resident Bejing rider. From what it looks like, most, if not all, of the newer 250's are still waiting to get out of the gate and have not been totally vetted by the gub'ment yet. If the government will provide the paperwork for the bikes then they can be registered but I guess that's a matter between the manufacturer and various national authorities.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Alex,

foreigners only get A plates, don't know for what reason. Maybe it's because A plates go for 12000 - 15000 and B's for 800 and foreigners are considered rich

If you buy a small Chinese bike (200cc), usually the dealer registers it to a local on a B plate. You should ask for a letter stating you are allowed to use it, probably on the same sheet with a copy of your passport and one of the owners ID card. You can get insurance in your name.
    A plated bikes are allowed within the 4th ring road, Bs are not. I have seen many B's inside 4th but not inside 3rd ring. Did you look at the JH600?
    Andy