Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello everybody,bonjour de FRANCE? 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have discovered the site a few days ago ;it's a real mine of information. I like small engines such as 200 and 250cc for their little inertia; I've mainly been riding Hondas such as 200 & 250 XRRs and I particularly like the TLRs & RTLS.Some chinese engines are however interesting: the camshaft is running on bearings and they are fitted with both electric and kick start.
    Good rides to all on our small "thumpers "
    Mainlyfourstroke.

M4S,

Welcome to MCM! We have a couple French speakers here so hopefully they will say hello as well.

Within late 2009 and 2010 we should see come very competetitive 250 single cylinder bikes coming out of China in both the Air and Water cooled varieties. I'm sure you've seen some of the pictures and specs here.

If they can be bought for only a couple thousand Euro, how great that would be!

Do you do a lot of trail riding?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by M4S View Post
    the camshaft is running on bearings and they are fitted with both electric and kick start.
    Welcome.

Yes some Chinese bikes still keep some useful features, like you say. Proper camshaft bearings were used on early Japanese bikes until they realised that the average owner couldn't give a damm and they saved themselves a lot of money by running the camshafts directly on the head alloy. If it wears out, just buy a new head at an unbelievable price and voilá...

Same with kickstarters, the maker saves himself lots of money on the shaft and lever, extra machining, springs, etc. Then they tell the customer that "it's not cool" to have such an old-fashioned device and their friends will laugh at them, etc.

Why provide fork oil drain screws? like they used to do...who changes their fork oil anyway?...

Fork gaiters and rear suspension spring covers?...don't be silly...

I'm just about to take delivery of a new Triumph Bonneville. The basic model doesn't even come with a locking fuel cap, a rev-counter, a centre stand, or even a tool kit. Even the cheapest Chinese monkey bike comes with most of those items.

I think it's called "value engineering"...I call it a con.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    bienvenu poulet!!! Quand est ce qu'on va faire un tour???

5. #5 Thanks! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks to those saying "welcome".
    Yes CARL,I like trailing and also 3 or 4 days trial rides in the mountains where it is impossible to go with an enduro machine.I don't like noisy bikes, they spoil my pleasure; it is also a question of personal responsability as regards to other users who are not necessaryly "bikers" .
    I also share FORCHETTO's opinion on the tendencies of the marketting methods which emphasize such or such aspects in order to hide the... disadvantages !
    Hi CARLO, I am ok for a ride just let me know when and also give me the time to come.....je suis ......pas tout prčs en fait.....au pays du pneu ...MICHELIN ! ( for the sake of those who don't speak French : I am not ..very close to you indeed....still in the native town...of the MICHELIN tyre !).
    Let us share our impressions and knowledge...."knowledge is worth ,only if shared" said some one.

6. #6 Sorry MARCO 
    C-Moto Noob
    Everything is in the title , for calling you CARLO.

M4S

You can edit your posts after they have been submitted. You can see a button titled "Edit" at the bottom right side of your posts.

Click that and you can change the text!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com