Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
  1. #91 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Quote Originally Posted by Braillace
    Everytime I start my DD250G-2 in the morning, and also after doing my 9h at work, it kills the engine when I pass the 1st gear for the 1st time and pushes the bike forward a little. After this it's ok, it seems to happen only if it didn't run for several hours.
    Sounds like your bike is cold and needs choke. If you are using the choke it may be that the choke isn't connected to the carburetor correctly.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

2. #92 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    I use the choke to start it when cold, for a couple minutes only.

Then remove it and she dies when I pass the 1st gear.

Just found out that passing the 1st and 2nd and then 1st again etc.. a few times before to start the engine makes the thing not kill the engine when I pass the 1st with the engine running.

Still happens then but light enough to just push the bike forward a couple centimeters, that's it.

When worm never a problem.

Weird.

3. #93 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Don't worry, my Kinlon 200cc has done the same thing for two years, as soon as I get a few metres along the drive, it is fine. I think it is a carburetor adjustment needed but have never been bothered enough to sort it out,

4. #94 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    C-Moto Guru
    I second ZMC about the choke. Also you might want to get the clutch cable looked at to make sure it is engaged completely when you have the lever pulled. In my experience on 3 bikes with these engines, the clutch cable loosened and made it very difficult to change gears after the first month ("Where the hell is 5th gear?"). Also, on two bikes with these engines the head gasket was not put on properly so on the first real ride they started leaking oil like crazy.

5. #95 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Ok.

Doesn't seem too big of a pb, I'll see my mechanic soon, I'll mention this pointing the choke and the carb, to see if it rings a bell in his mind & if he can sort it out.

I don't want a big oil leak.

Thanks for advises & opinions.

6. #96 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Does anybody know if they're bringing out a 2011 model of the DD250G?
    I've just been drooling over this bike (on Pubei Lu) and don't think i'm gonna be able to hold off from buying it?
    I checked the Regal-Raptor website and saw a NAC25 listed. It looks similar to the DD250G. http://www.regal-raptor.com/eng/prod...&bid=2&types=2
    Is this available in China? How does it compare to the DD250G-2?

Would it be worth raiding the bank for the YBR250? My wife prefers the RR and loves the fact that it's cheaper, so i'm gonna have a hard time selling the Yamaha.
    Shineray have also brought out a similar model, the XY250-5. I wonder how this compares to the Raptor?

Thanks for the great reviews of this bike.

NAC25

nac25.jpg

DD250G

Regal-Raptor DD250.jpg

Shineray XY250-5

Shineray XY250.jpg

7. #97 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Big difference between the two raptors is the 250G is air-cooled while the NAC25 has a radiator. Specs show little difference apart from that. If the Pubei shop doesn't have the NAC25 or even know about it, that probably says something. Maybe call Lifeng?

Have you contacted Brice (braillce), who bought the air-cooled 250 just a few months ago? Review his posts and you'll learn his views on that bike.

good luck!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #98 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Quote Originally Posted by dewsnap View Post
    Would it be worth raiding the bank for the YBR250? My wife prefers the RR and loves the fact that it's cheaper, so i'm gonna have a hard time selling the Yamaha.
    Wasn't ZMC888's conclusion on the matter that the YBR is actually worth the extra cash?

9. #99 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Yeah but his was the older model. I'm hoping the new version has ironed out a few of the issues he mentioned. And the YBR250 is 25K as opposed to the 14k Raptor. The difference is a lot of money and I'm perfectly happy to maintain and upgrade the bike with the aide of my local mechanic who is an absolute hero.

In response to my own questions i feel i have a few of the answers after visiting the Pubei store again today. I asked about the NAC25 and the guys in the store said that's just the name of the bike in Europe. The new verson in China is the DD250G-2N, and it's exactly the same bike.

There was the DD250G-2 and the new DD250G-2N side by side in the store today so my untrained eye was trying to compare the differences. Euphonius is right, the new version has a liquid cooled radiator on the front, and after seeing those images of the fuel injection system on this thread, i noticed the new model is fuel injected whereas the old model isn't. I also jumped from one bike to the other and there was noticable difference in weight, although i'm sure you'd need to throw it into a few bends before you can offer a reliable opinion.
    Brallice mentioned he bought the DD250G-2 a few months ago for 13K. The guys in the store quoted me 14,800rmb, at first i thought i was getting the laowai special but it seems the newer model is a bit more pricey. 1800rmb for the new systems seems reasonable enough tho and possibly they'll come down a bit. There were a few minor cosmetic changes but nothing noticable. The dials are still cheap, mirrors very ugly, and the foot pegs were huge, as somebody already pointed out. None of that should be an issue in China as cosmetic things like that are dirt cheap, and i'm sure i'll not be getting the knee down anytime soon.

I'm certainly gonna take my time but i definitely want this bike. It sounds amazing, looks great, and it's fantatsic value.

On a side note, the Shineray XY250-5 isn't available from Pubei Lu or anywhere else in Shanghai or so they tell me. It seems rather strange as the store has posters and flyers of the bike everywhere. Oh well. Here's a few pics i took from my phone highlighting the changes.

NAC25/ DD250G-2N

NAC25 radi.jpgNAC25 fi.jpgNAC25 radiator.jpg

DD250-G
    250G carb.jpgDD250-G.jpg

10. #100 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Very nice, but it will certainly need a bash plate, radiator and exhaust pipe guards with all that stuff sticking out. Not a counterbalanced engine either. Nice having a 18.5 litre tank though.
    I would go for the 350cc if I was going that far toward a road bike. Comes with back rest, crash guards, windscreen and a flashing red light on a pole too!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast