Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    C-Moto Senior
    Keep us informed. I will probably be getting one when I get back to China.

This bike is a design of CSR Motorcycles, Spanish importer of regal raptor.

This is your web page www.csrmoto.com

Regal Raptor Riders passion regal raptor

C-Moto Senior
    Well, I am back in China.

I bought back my Rebel from the guy i sold it to. He'd fixed all of the major issues and it's running well now. I had the clutch replaced before I sold it, but it's acting up again. Presumably either installed wrong or really crappy parts.

I will be interested to see what happens with these bikes. I have been seeing the twin shock CB250N style bikes on teh streets a lot, but haven't seen any of the monoshock ones.

Did you leave for holiday? Anyway, welcome back to the middle kingdom and don't forget to smell out the YBR250's as well. That would probably be my bike of choice for general use.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

I back from holiday too, UK if you are interested CC.

However Regal is 10,000-11,000 RMB on the road. Yamaha YBR250 is 25,500 RMB on the road this year.

Lots of people just don't have the money for the Yamaha. Plus Regal Raptor is a twin....
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

ZMC, how are things in the Isles? Some of use were asking about you around here. Wondering if you had fallen off the face of the planet or ended up buying one of those AsiaWings and ridingoff into the sunset.

CC

7. #17 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    CC, the isles were wet 'n windy, but I still had lots of fun on mountain bike downhill runs over there..

Some more on this bike..

I've ordered the DD250G-2 yesterday. So some improvements over the 2008 bike have been noted, twin disk front. New disk rotors all round. Increased clearance between exhaust pipes and rear tire, the addition of clip-on bars and a central ignition.

I'm certainly gambling a bit with this bike, the quality of it isn't that great, so it will need TLC from new. But I do like the brakes and tires. I'll be changing the rear shocks from new, and removing the emissions air cheat stuff.

I was considering this:

The liquid cooled version (DD250G). I was lucky enough to ride an early 08 example. It was much bigger, like a CB500 size and very wide. But it was much too heavy for a 250, due to all the liquid cooling stuff, and the front forks always dived on braking, so not worth the extra money over the air cooled version IMO.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

8. #18 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Reminds me of a sportier Nighthawk 250... Which are solid all round bikes. Can't wait for the pics!

CC

9. #19 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Regal Raptor DD250G-2 Review at 700 Kms.

Although 700kms isn't enough distance to highlight any long-term problems, it is a vague guide perhaps.

Pros

-Bike seems really light when low on fuel, and handles really well. Large rear tire has a massive grip area for a bike this size and makes the bike glued to the road, and safe even with a sandy or dirty road surface.

-Rear shocks look like shit, but do the job adequately on smooth roads, although on bumpy roads rebound is a bit weird and needs some kind of damping, will be changing these when I can find some the right length (300mm).

-Engine pulls as you would expect from a 250cc twin, and seems happiest on highways.

-Exhaust system better than I thought

-Mirrors less poor than I first thought

Cons

-Odometer/rev counter is junk!

-Engine complains on steep hills especially when it gets hot and loses some power.

Verdict

Early days, but bike seems as though, with a thousand Chinese Yuan shopping spree on the internet (taobao), will make and adequate weekend ride machine if well looked after, with regular oil changes and kept indoors. The 13KW-15KW engine doesn't provide superpower by any means, but it has enough squirt to swiftly say goodbye to slow moving Chinese idiot car drivers when compared to riding a 7-9KW 125-150cc machine, which needs more patience, gear selection and planning. I'd still love to have a 450cc single, but a 250 twin is halfway there, and I'm enjoying myself again, especially on downhill twisty mountain roads, where the gravity and modest power combine to give me the joyful reminiscence of my old 400 or 500cc machines from days gone by.

10. #20 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Nice summary Z, sounds like you're pretty happy with the machine. Look forward to some ride reports and pics from you and let us know how those little upgrades work out .

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast