Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Our two Regal Raptor DD250G-2s, on our most recent ride. One an 08 and the other (mine) an 09 (with black engine and red shocks).

We thought the Regal Raptor logos looked a bit dorky, especially for bikes that aren't cruisers, so we have modified the tanks! I thought it might be ironic, and in the tradition of Chinese motorcycle ownership to make mine into a Honda, in this case a CB250, still looking for an 'N' sticker that will match

My friend decided to hand build his own air filter and removed the entire rear section of his exhaust (loud). May prove useful mods after he has put bigger jets in his carbs.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

2. #22 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Looks like you guys are already in mid-farkles. One thing that hard for me to get over on those bikes is the huge empty space below the steering head and in front of the engine. Even though bike may be well built, it make the front section look a little noodlely. With no radiatior up there I can't imagine how it could be shrouded.

Any thought on this?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #23 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    This isn't really an issue for me, certainly. The tank has been designed that way so that an oil or liquid cooler can be fitted, if more air blows past the engine this is a good thing! Bike really needs liquid cooling but forks are unable to perform with that weight, and oil cooler cannot be fitted.

If I lived in the UK I'd get a bank loan and get a Triumph 675 street triple or a Honda 600 Hornet. But hey I'm living in China still figuring out how I can reduce vibrations and improve finishing and get my 234cc Regal Raptor --up-- to the level of this (early 90's?) Honda!

Might have trouble doing any more posts as authorities are clamping down on us Chinese motorcycle discussing rebels.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

4. #24 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Might have trouble doing any more posts as authorities are clamping down on us Chinese motorcycle discussing rebels.

Really?

5. #25 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Yes V, different connection types have different success rates of using the methods that allow us to view these sites, which for some reason are seen as 'undesirable', but weirdly help Chinese business, or provide useful information.

Some internet users have no problem, some, like me can view, and with hassle post, others can view, but not post, some people can't see anything!

Let's see how things go after national day.

6. #26 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Alright guys, I took a more proactive (meaning shelled out some cash) stance and you guys SHOULD have regular access back in 24hrs, if not immediately.

Please check in periodically over the next 24-48 hours and let me know how it goes.

CC

7. #27 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Carl,

None of this is your fault. The authorities are really overzealous, I think any site with the word 'China' on it is being banned unless it is on their 'allowable' list, even my fmcc site is unvisitable. This over zealousness is being revved up until national day, where I hope things will chill. I can't quite understand why they are doing this, or how they intend to make new friends or keep foreigners in their country from going nuts.

It's a shame that so many others are unable to contribute to this site and it is being strangled with so little activity.

Lets hope this improves with your investment (new server location?)

8. #28 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    ZMC,

I think the problem may have been fixed already but need folks to chime in to be sure. Problem was the site didn't have a dedicated IP although I thought it did. Could have been shared with a buncha other servers that may have cheezed off some hyper-sensitive bots.

Regardless, if you're checking this via proxy or something, try connecting to the site though a regular connection and let me know:

a) where you're connecting from
    b) if it works and how well (speed, errors, etc.)

Thanks!
    CC

9. #29 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    All is good, thanks!

10. #30 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    C-Moto Guru
    Wow, I can see the site again! Cool.

Just wanted to add that on the strength of the recommendations here and a bit of research on my own part, a colleague of mine will be picking up one of these bikes on Monday. I'd be getting one too but I lucked into a deal on an imported CB400 a couple of weeks ago. Hoping to be doing some longer rides now that I've got a local friend to head out with.

How reliable are these bikes proving to be?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast