Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Denmark C-Moto Club - Kinojserklubben.com 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob petedeuxwheels's Avatar
    Great site. My name is Pete Young. Live in Scandinavia. There's been an big increase in China bikers here in the past couple of years. That's particularly true of Denmark where I live. Because of the massive taxes on cars and bikes, the Chinese motorcycles have been embraced by a big group of users. The low prices and fun bikes have really sparked interest

We have a very active club here in Demark called 'Kinojserklubben' which has more than 600 members (see: http://www.kinojserklubben.dk

I have two Chinese bikes a CF Moto 150 (used mainly in the winter months)

and a Ledow Borelli 250V which you can see in the opening scenes of a little film I made of our tour last weekend where more than 40 Chinese bikes took part. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roSmnzWWy6A

I've also ridden a Regal Raptor 250E for two years but recently sold it (after 15,000kms) and went for the Ledow (looks identical to the little Yamaha Virago) because I wanted to try out a V motor.

Thanks for this forum.

Best wishes

Pete
    Last edited by petedeuxwheels; 05-07-2008 at 08:15 PM.

welcome to the site. It's great to get some users from Europe. The site is only one week old and were looking to grow to cover Chinese made motorcycles in every art of the world.

Thanks, impressive site, lots of interesting stuff already.

Cheers

Pete

Pete,

Glad to hear you've got such a strong community of C-moto riders in Denmark and would be nice to have that same community spirit elsewhere in the world.

Your videos are great and would like to put them in a more obvious place on this board. I know you must spend a lot of time putting them together and fast too! The most recent one just ended a week ago. Judging by the video, it looks like you guys are large and in charge with Chinese motorcycles there. You might be the strongest Chinese moto community in the Western world!

I've never heard any comments on the Chinese made V-Twins. How do you like yours?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Hey Carl,
    Thanks, the videos are actually done very quickly, I need to get a better video editor.

I've ridden a Regal Raptor for two years and must say was very impressed by the build quality, probably the best of the bunch I've seen over here. But I thought it was time for a change so I sold the RR to a club member and bought a little-used Ledow Borelli V2.

The build on the Ledow is nowhere near the quality of the RR but for sheer fun I'm really enjoying it more - because of the V motor: nicer sound, nicer feel and little more power. There is a big Chinese dealer in the town where I live and he has had a lot of success with his Lifan V2's which is almost identical to my Ledow. Apparently the Ledow Borelli Milano's were destined for Italy but the dealer went bust and the bikes (144 of them) ended up in Denmark and were all sold.

So, after only about four weeks I can say that I'm really enjoying my V2 :wink:

Pete
    Last edited by petedeuxwheels; 05-07-2008 at 08:17 PM.

very nice looking bike