Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Part of the scoop. I was lucky enough to pick up Brice's/ Carl's/ ChinaV's Qingqi today. The bike doesn't look as nice when Carl first got it. I wouldn't say it looks bad really, but it did come with a nice dose of Chinese patina. I'll clean'r up and get'r readdy to eat up some more Chinese roads. Thanks again Brice.

Today was a great day for a ride. The sky was clear and it wasn't too humid. Quite odd conditions for riding in the Preal Delta region. I didn't take the camera with me cause I had a lot to bring back. I did take the gps with me though.

I woke up at 5am and got on the bus at 6:40. After a long boring 1.5 hour bus ride I arrived in Zhuhai and hopped on a motorcycle taxi to get to Brice's place. A nice coffee, some great conversation, and some excellent advice about my summer plans I hit the road to head back to Guangzhou.

I was worried about how I could get the bike back to my home in Guangzhou. Guangzhou has to be one of China's most anti-motorcycle cities. My idea was to ride the bike as far as I could and then get a truck to to haul my ass and the bike the rest of the way home. When I arrived in Panyu I tracked down a truck and asked the guy what it would cost to bring load the bike on he truck and take me home, he said 1500 RMB. I nodded my head and threw the bike in the back of the truck. All said and done, the plan went off with out a hitch. No problems on the road. The trip home was nice and smooth. Can't wait to get the other part of the team later next week.

As for tonight I'm going to ride one QM250 moTARD this weekend to a Leeeeecheee festival in some place I can't remember. I'll be going with Franki and ChinaV.
    Last edited by Supersignet; 07-03-2009 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersignet View Post
    Part of the scoop. I was lucky enough to pick up Brice's/ Carl's/ ChinaV's Qingqi today. The bike doesn't look as nice when Carl first got it. I wouldn't say it looks bad really, but it did come with a nice dose of Chinese patina. I'll clean'r up and get'r readdy to eat up some more Chinese roads. Thanks again Brice.
    You are welcome mate.

This still young but experienced bike has lot of memories from trips in remote places. Better to have it with you for more Chinese adventures than rotten in Zhuhai. You have some work to do to put it in shape.

In 9 days, I'm going to Europe for few weeks then another country, another continent. Hopefully I'll be back quickly on this forum with some ride reports from unknown-to-me places.

Well the new bike arrived today. The bike is new, but also old for me. I decided to gamble for a couple of reasons. One is the bike is comfotable for long trips, two the gas tank is big and three is the simplicity of the machine. As long as the front end stays together it should be the perfect bike for the trip. My friend and I have both purchased the Shineray GY-7 to use on our up coming endevor.

Here are some photos of the beast after I put it together today and took it for a teast ride.

Looks good and no possibility of paint peeling?

Have you noticed any changes to the bike or is it pretty much the exact same as your old one?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

The bike does have some improvements. The tripple clamps have been beefed up a bit. The gas tank and plastics are all colour in plastics. The quality of the finish is about the same. I think the cheap switchgear is also similar. They have made some improvements on the bike, but not a whole lot of difference to it.

I forgot how tall the gear ratios were. you are going about 70 kmph in 5th and it will pull up steep inclines in 4th... Not really geared for highway use, but it should be nice in the mountains.

Next on the list are some side bags, some electrical outlets and an HID light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12