Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    No joke! If it wasn't for Franki, there wouldn't be any riding shots! Also, I vote Franki in for most photogenic of the crew!

CC
    CC,

You need to have your eyes inspected. Yes, we have the same flower but IMHO, this is a far better sight.

This is what it looks like when we arrived at the resort for the BBQ party

I like this bike, CB400SS

Peace and quiet at the resort before the bikers arrived.

Someone is trying to get their gas money back

Another angle of view of the resort

Mr. & Mrs. ChinaV couldn't help it under such romantic setup

Quote Originally Posted by Franki View Post
    CC,You need to have your eyes inspected. Yes, we have the same flower but IMHO, this is a far better sight.
    You're probably right but, in my defense, that picture wasn't available when I posted the comment! Must be the power of your charming wiles is just too overwhelming Franki...

CC

P.S. - You should definitely get a Cafe Racer.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #14 Re: Nankunshan Lychee Queest 2009 
    Dear Friends:

Hi, my name is Mark and i am actually living in Dongguan ( Guangdong). I just saw ur pics and since it seems the route was made starting by Dongguan i am wondering if anyone of u are from here. I have been living here the last two years and i should say i already gave up about drive a bike but... just in case... In Spain i was driving Harley Davidson. I have got already chinese car driving license. The only i know is Motos are banned in Guangdong Province, but i think always there is a "B" way to do everything. And i think i saw something about handle everything in a place like Chengdu or Xiamen where Bikes are allowed. Any information will be very much welcome.

5. #15 Re: Nankunshan Lychee Queest 2009 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shul View Post
    Dear Friends:

Hi, my name is Mark and i am actually living in Dongguan ( Guangdong). I just saw ur pics and since it seems the route was made starting by Dongguan i am wondering if anyone of u are from here. I have been living here the last two years and i should say i already gave up about drive a bike but... just in case... In Spain i was driving Harley Davidson. I have got already chinese car driving license. The only i know is Motos are banned in Guangdong Province, but i think always there is a "B" way to do everything. And i think i saw something about handle everything in a place like Chengdu or Xiamen where Bikes are allowed. Any information will be very much welcome.
    Hi Mark,

Welcome to MCM...

This trip did start in Dongguan and I am also living here for the last ten years. Motorcycles are illegal in Dongguan, and owning one in the city is very difficult. Once you get out of the city, there are many places where you can ride a bike legally in Guangdong.

As long as you only want to ride outside of Dongguan, there are plenty of options available, but if you're interested in owning a motorcycle for daily transportation, I would think about moving to another city.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

6. #16 Re: Nankunshan Lychee Queest 2009 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Welcome the board, Shul. Whether you know it or not, and even a casual read of MCM will demonstrate it in spades, ChinaV is the reigning oracle of motorbiking in China. Or at least one of them.

Now, ChinaV, remind us again exactly how many motorcycles you own there in Dongguan?
    :

Apropos of nothing, I was there a couple of years ago on the day of the grand opening of the first drive-through McDonalds. Not just the first in Dongguan, but the first in China. Alas, I was on a bus, and I doubt the driver would have stopped, even if I'd had a mind to, which I didn't.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #17 Re: Nankunshan Lychee Queest 2009 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Now, ChinaV, remind us again exactly how many motorcycles you own there in Dongguan?
    A few, but it's time to thin the herd. One MCM'er is coming over on Friday to have a look at buying something. If anyones interested, everything but the V-Strom is up for sale.

2009 Galaxy XTR - 8500 RMB Includes 3 sets of wheels (Dirt, Dualsport, Motard), white plastic and black plastic, big gas tank, small gas tank, other assorted spares.
    2009 QingQi QM250 - 7000 RMB Includes Motard and Dualsport wheels, other assorted spares.
    1998 BWM F650 - 20,000 RMB New chain, sprockets, tires, tubes, cables, plugs, filters and brakes. Everything was just upgraded, original BMW parts or high quality replacements from Hong Kong.

Getting the itch for something new and the wife will kill me if I don't sell something first.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #18 Re: Nankunshan Lychee Queest 2009 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Getting the itch for something new and the wife will kill me if I don't sell something first.
    ChinaV, you had me worried there till the last sentence. Was thinking, what with the marriage and all, you might be turning the garage into a nursery...

Looks like some fine values there.

Hey, Ekki, there's your Qingqi!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #19 Re: Nankunshan Lychee Queest 2009 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    First come first serve, XTR is mine!
    Teleport me to Guangdong and I'll ride now. I'm selling my Shineray, even if I sell it for half price.
    Looking forward to Friday, seems someone beat me to the call.
    Last edited by slabo; 11-24-2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: I'm very sentimental

10. #20 Re: Nankunshan Lychee Queest 2009 
    Hi ChinaV, and nice to meet all of u, guys. I know here is banned, and that really piss on me. Yes, i like both things, i mean, i like make off road on weekend, and that can be an option, but i really miss, as u said, a "daily-use" bike. I have a brazilian friend here, Andru, he has a 400cc or 600cc and ride often around city. That is totally forbidden but... it seems he didn´´t got any problem ever before. is he Lucky? or maybe cops don´t care about us? Anyway, change city is not my idea yet, and change local regulation seems pretty difficult. So, hope to know more about what u do on weekend and around where... What about some beers one night?

Hi Euphonius. Nice to meet u too.

Oh Gosh! U hav 4 bikes? in the moto-forbidden city? Well, that´s cool... Where do u ride ur V-storm? I really need a beer and get more info... V´s!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast