Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: I love the China...but the spitting! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    My wife doesn't spit unless there is something in her mouth she can't get out any other way and she gets pissy when I spit. She likes to walk around barefoot in the summer time and so she walks in the street rather than on the sidewalk. Less to dodge, I guess.

The thing that bothers me more than the spitting is that they think they are the only ones on the planet. You can be in a crowded store and there will be four or five just standing there gabbing blocking the isle. I got tired of going around them; now I bowl right through them and laugh when they cuss me out! This will happen anywhere and everywhere.

I poke fun at my wife and son sometimes. They do the same to me, so its OK. I tell them that if hadn't been raised by monkeys and grown up in a cave, they would know a few social graces.

Chinese are the most polite, insensitive, graciously social misfits on the planet. But they are cute, so I'll keep mine!

2. #12 Re: I love the China...but the spitting! 
    I suppose it's all POV. To them, Westerners are the "barbarians" (ye man) and if you go back a couple thousand years it wouldn't be so hard to imagine where that idea came from. Times being what they are though...

I jokingly imagine a frustrated Westerner in China must look like this...

Anyway, here's to happy barbarians!

Paz,
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #13 Re: I love the China...but the spitting! 
    C-Moto Senior
    Yesterday I saw someone who hit the Tri-Fecta of stupidity. It was a westerner, in a jacket and tie no less. He was riding one of those 3 wheeled motorized trikes. Had two young kids in the back. No helmets (1). Riding the wrong way on Jing Shun Road (2) (possibly the most dangerous road on planet earth) and he runs a red light (3) right in front of me. Is there a less painful way to get rid of unwanted kids????
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

I jokingly imagine a frustrated Westerner in China must look like this...

Anyway, here's to happy barbarians!

Paz,
    CC[/QUOTE]

4. #14 Re: I love the China...but the spitting! 
    Yeah it's amazing the things you'll see. I always thought the story of the guy who killed three pedestrians because an onion rolled from the back of his mianbaoche and got lodged behind his brake pedal was pretty special.

Oh well, the China has a short history of automotive ownership and will hopefully get better through the generations. Hopefully...

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #15 Re: I love the China...but the spitting! 
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Oh well, the China has a short history of automotive ownership and will hopefully get better through the generations. Hopefully...CC
    Given the actual traffic law and it's execution as well as the current conditions of traffic facilities in combination with non existing discipline, I'd bury all hopes right away
    Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12