Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 how to clear the " Carburetor" of QingQi SUperMotard ??? help !i'm New to this. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob GXT200_Costarica's Avatar
    hi everyody. i have a GXt 200b( = QuingQi SuperMotard 200cc) ,

i dont REALLY know how many kms i should clear or check the : " Carburetor " or "valve" , im new to this . my bike has 10.000kms right now 17-july2009 .
    when it had 5000kms (the company where i bought the bike , the Mecanic person Ajusted or Checked or cleared the : Valve and carburetor) they charged me $us 65 ( here in Costa rica is alot of money for the maitenance , they told me every 5000 kms i have to do this ,and pay 65$ us, and my question is IF THIS IS NOT DIFICULT Thing TO LEARN how to do this maintenance ,i would like to learn it and save the money ...), after that i rode 5000 kms more . i need your adviced and help .

thanks in Advanced

Cz From Costa Rica.

I'm not sure what "service" they are performing on your carburetor, but you should check your valves every 5-10 thousand kilometers. You can look at this post here http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    The carburettor itself should be virtually maintenance-free. There are two components around it that need attention: The air filter that has to be washed in solvent or simply soapy water, squeezed (not wrung) out and left to dry and then lightly re-oiled.

The short hose that drops from the bottom of the air filter housing has to be cleared of any water/oil accumulated there from condensing the crankcase breather fumes. This is done by removing the plastic plug on it and letting any condensate flow out.

You could count draining of the float chamber a regular thing, but it only takes a screwdriver and 30 seconds to do, hardly something to charge you for. This would be to remove any sediment or water from the carb float chamber.

All three jobs are easy for the home mechanic, although getting the air filter bolt back in is fiddly.

He must be talking about adjusting the valve clearances. This needs some decent tools and a bit of mechanical aptitude. Take a look at the thread posted by ChinaV to see if you feel able to cope with it.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Not-so-Noob GXT200_Costarica's Avatar
    thanks for all these advices .

朝 Cz From Costa rica

<-Genesis Gxt200b( Supermotard2008) ->
    <-Suzuki An125cc 2005) ->
    Attached Images

Mythbuster
    I think you need to find another more "honest " mechanic my friend....

China V has posted some valuable info about maintainence and learning a bit about your engine will save you a lot of money ..
    As said ..cleaning the carburetor bowl should take about a minute with a screw driver and just about anyone can learn these tasks..

I mean if you are co-ordinated enough to ride a bike some simple mechanicals should not scare you..

is this better amigo !

Creo que tienes que encontrar otra más "honesto" mecánico de mi amigo ....

V China ha publicado una valiosa información sobre el mantenimiento y el aprendizaje un poco acerca de su motor le ahorrará mucho dinero ..
    Como ya se ha dicho .. la limpieza de la cuba del carburador debe tener aproximadamente un minuto con un destornillador y casi cualquiera puede aprender estas tareas ..

Me refiero a si está coordinado lo suficiente para montar una bicicleta simples mecánicos que no debería asustar ..

Mythbuster
    PS ...nice looking bike by the way...