Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: where to go?

1. #1 where to go? 
    C-Moto Regular
    hey guys,

I am buying a bike again Heading for the solar eclipse on 22. July probably to Anhui, but don’t know where to drive after. Any good suggestions?
    Who knows the climate conditions in August for Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang, Inner Mongolia, Ningxia? Anybody ever crossed to Vladivostock?
    Riding the horse to death

http://tuo-ma-si.blogspot.com

2. #2 where to go 
    C-Moto Senior
    In Southern Anhui, Huang Shan Mountain area is very nice. Lot's of lakes, mountains and good roads. Taiping lake is where we stayed last year (we rode down from Beijing)
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

C-Moto Regular
    hi jimbo,
    Anhui I have been many times. I will try to be on Jiuhuashan for the solar elipse, but after I want to start a tour, just dont know where to go this time :)
    Want to drive about 10k and about one month.
    You probably know the north very well. Any suggestions?
    Riding the horse to death

http://tuo-ma-si.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by tokyokid View Post
    hey guys,

I am buying a bike again Heading for the solar eclipse on 22. July probably to Anhui, but don’t know where to drive after. Any good suggestions?
    Who knows the climate conditions in August for Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang, Inner Mongolia, Ningxia? Anybody ever crossed to Vladivostock?
    The weather in the places you mentioned should be fine in August. It can still be pretty hot in parts of Liaoning, but the further Northeast you travel the more comfortable it gets, nights can be chilly though.
    There are two major ski resorts (Baidahu and Yabuli), where it is really nice in summer with Bavarian like scenery. Tumen right at the border to North Korea is worth a visit, you can see many South Koreans heading onto a mountain to get a look towards NoKo. If you are lucky you may be able to step on NoKo soil
    Crossing into Russia is not a problem for yourself (if you have a visa), but maybe for your bike. Give it a try, there is quite some cross border traffic in this area and they are used to Chinese vehicles going out and in.
    If you come through Beijing, let us know
    Andy

i don't have much advice for your entire trip because i haven't had a chance to go on a big trip myself yet. however since you're gonna be starting in anhui i recommend you cross over into zhejiang and go for a drive around the 1000 islands lake, qian dao hu, it's really beautiful! there's some nice roads around it too. look for chun an, that's the main town beside it.
    if you're looking for fun roads not far from there i also highly recommend the S205 from anji to lin an. actually there are lot of fun roads in that area, loads of corners, and well paved because zhejiang is rich!
    let us if you're going that way, i may even be able join!

6. #6 nice roads 
    C-Moto Senior
    Well, heading North from Anhui, the mountains to the east of Jinan in Shandong are pretty nice, then when you get to Beijing, heading North to Weichang is a nice area, as wel as around Bai Hua Shan and Shi Du. Then Datong is also noce if you approach from the Northeast. When you get to Beijing give me a call and we can talk.
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

hi jimbo,
    Anhui I have been many times. I will try to be on Jiuhuashan for the solar elipse, but after I want to start a tour, just dont know where to go this time :)
    Want to drive about 10k and about one month.
    You probably know the north very well. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]