Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 The Old Pacific Highway 
    For those moto-residents of the central east coast of the great state of NSW, the Old Pacific Highway would be well known to you. For others, it is a great peice of road with twists and turns for around 80 kms as it snakes its way from Sydney to Gosford. Starting in the hills of the hawkesbury it rolls on down to the coast.

The road is perfect as it has been ruled almost obsolete by the adjacent Federal Highway so is now mostly unused by cage drivers.

One monday not long ago instead of going to work I decided I would put my little red rocket through the twists and really see how she held up.

Being a 200cc and fairly underpowered, she was certainly not the fastest but could still do upwards of 80+km/h through the turns. Slower in spots, and faster in others. Obviously this sort of thing is built for a large capacity sports bike, but being on my little c-moto didn't detract from what was a great ride and a good day out.

This is the mighty Kinlon at the mouth of the Hawkesbury river, a large estruary to the Pacific ocean.

A beautiful winters day...

The Kinlon beside the Hawkesbury river...

I was really having too much fun through the turns to pull over and take too many pictures so these will have to do (I didn't take any on the way to Gosford, only on the return leg ).

If you are ever on this ride you really need to stop at Pie in the Sky for a meat pie. After a long ride a pie, or two, never goes astray...

And the view... all the way to the ocean.

Worth doing. All photos were taken on my trusty Nokia camera phone, so no sledging the quality!

Marty.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

Marty,

Thanks much for the trip report! It's nice to see some folks outside of China getting out and about on their bikes.

As for the photos, I could hardly tell they were from a phone. Did you do any post-processing work on them? Also, I'd say you have a pretty natural eye for composition... have you done any photography before?

One last thing, how long was the entire trip?

CC
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Thanks CC, no I did nothing to the photos, just point and click. I appreciate the good comments, but my photography experience is limited to holiday snaps.

The whole trip from my home to Gosford water front and home was just shy of 200km's with about 110km's through the turns. It took me about 3 hours with a nice stop for a pie. The old pacific highway is a great day out for moto riders.
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250

Looks like a nice trip, thanks for sharing. Damn nice pics from that camera phone.

meat pies...

Cheers
    ChinaV

Its easy to nice pics when the scenery is as nice as it is...
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250

6. #6 Re: The Old Pacific Highway 
    kingmarty,

nice pics of a beautiful part of the world and nice bike
    if u dont mind me asking - how far r u getting out of a tank? (still running mine in so only doing real short trips and not sure wat to expect from an 8 litre tank)
    2009 kinlon kbr200sm
    mods so far- custom gear rack, custom exhaust, custom bash plate, led indicators, led tail/stop light, 155main jet and needle set on 4th groove from top, airbox restrictor removed,front fairing shortened 75mm

7. #7 Re: The Old Pacific Highway 
    Quote Originally Posted by stromnes View Post
    kingmarty,

nice pics of a beautiful part of the world and nice bike
    if u dont mind me asking - how far r u getting out of a tank? (still running mine in so only doing real short trips and not sure wat to expect from an 8 litre tank)
    I am getting a bit over 200kms for each tank. And that is for city riding. I rode from Sydney to Newcastle the other day and still had a few litres left and thats over 200k's (down the old highway again).
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250