Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Changing fork oil on Qlink QingQi 200 
    C-Moto Noob
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but its the most useful info i have found on the subject so far. I see many talk of pvc spacers to increase preload, but no mention on which diameter pipe to use. Can someone please chime in? Thanks.

2. #32 Re: Changing fork oil on Qlink QingQi 200 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but its the most useful info i have found on the subject so far. I see many talk of pvc spacers to increase preload, but no mention on which diameter pipe to use. Can someone please chime in? Thanks.
    Please don't apologize for bumping an old thread. It's far preferable to starting a new one, which leaves information scattered hither and yon. This way all the discussion is in one thread where it can be most useful, as you've just discovered.

Unfortunately I can't answer your question, but there are plenty of people in MCM who can.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #33 Re: Changing fork oil on Qlink QingQi 200 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Please don't apologize for bumping an old thread. It's far preferable to starting a new one, which leaves information scattered hither and yon. This way all the discussion is in one thread where it can be most useful, as you've just discovered.

Unfortunately I can't answer your question, but there are plenty of people in MCM who can.

cheers!
    Anyone have any more info on the size for the spaces, and where exactly to put them?

4. #34 Re: Changing fork oil on Qlink QingQi 200 
    Well, it's been awhile since l've checked out this site. I sold the bike last summer after buying new in 2009. It was a great bike with few problems and fun to ride.

So, on to the question. Post #2, picture #2 shows the pipes that create pre-load. Putting a spacer between the top of the pipe and the clip will increase it. The concern here is to be sure the spacer is the same diameter as the pipe. Also, the spacer needs to be attached to the pipe as, unlike a coventional fork, the pipe doesn't fit snug inside the fork. The clip and the bushing at the bottom of the pipe center the assembly in fork. I think that wrapping the spacer and the top of the pipe with electrical or duct tape and then a band clamp would be ok. I would think that cutting away some of the top of the pipe would be a way to lower the front. You better be sure that you know how much you need, however as getting it back is a little hard.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234