Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    hello everyone! just registered due to not being able to find the problem with my bike ANYWHERE else on the net. so here goes, its a Pulse Adrenaline 125cc, everything on it is completely fine, had new tyres fitted new solenoid fitted new brake pads had the carb professionally cleaned, so basically it starts with the choke up and runs and idles fine, leave it for a few minutes to warm up, take the choke off and all is well. until i turn the bike off, it then will have trouble starting with the choke on or off, sometimes it wont even start. it cranks but wont fire up sometimes, choke up it starts choke down it starts after its warmed up, so one minute it will be all good, the next time i start it up it ill sputter and bog down and eventually die with the choke up, take the choke off, it dies almost instantly sometimes will stay running for a good minute or so but eventually dies. one day it absolutely fine the next its a piece of crap, has new spark plug, new battery too. if try the throttle too soon it will bog down until it dies unless i release the throttle. had the carb cleaned then i mixed some carb cleaner with the petrol and it smoked like a trooper so i assumed it worked. but still the same problem. any ideas and how to fix this? there is also a small pipe just under the carb coming from the engine into the air box, it has a split. can this be my problem? if not WHAT IS IT?

2. #2 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    oh and also it is only one year old i think it was brought around january-february last year. only has 10,000 miles on the clock.

3. #3 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgey2013 View Post
    there is also a small pipe just under the carb coming from the engine into the air box, it has a split. can this be my problem? if not WHAT IS IT?
    I don't know this particular bike, but several others on this site have it so they may correct me.

1) That sounds like your CCV (Crankcase Ventilation) return line. It takes gases/fumes out of your crankcase and recycles them. Yes, you should replace it.
    2) Overall, it sounds like a fuel problem. Is there water in the fuel? Any gunk/pieces of rust inside the tank that may be interfering with the feed through the petcock? Clear breather/gas cap? (do you hear air rushing in when you open the tank cap, during the periods of difficult starting?)

Good luck!

4. #4 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    i will replace that pipe on monday as most shops are closed tomorrow but i will check everything else tomorrow fuel has been in there since august as i have been unable to use it because of the tyres, got it done and now this! i think there is a bit of dirt in the bottom of the tank but the petrol has carb cleaner mixed in with it so i wouldnt really like to drain it and replace it in case it is still my carb but if i have to, i will. what does the petcock look like? is it the thing with the fuel thing where you can turn the fuel on or off? i dont know too much about bikes lol wish i did :(

5. #5 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    i did also take the pipe that goes from the petrol tank to the carb off, turned fuel on ans the fuel was running out absolutely fine

6. #6 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgey2013 View Post
    is (the petcock) the thing with the fuel thing where you can turn the fuel on or off?(
    Yes.

I once had a bike with a rusty gas tank (on the inside). Little pieces of rust would flake off and obstruct the petcock (bike wouldn't start), until they moved away (bike would start). How is your fuel filter?

When the carb was "professionally cleaned", did they disassemble it?

7. #7 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    ok i will check that tomorrow, hopefully its something simple that i can do myself and wont cost me a ton of cash to get fixed! also adjusted the idle mixture screw so it idles better than what it did, where would i find the fuel filter? and yes i took the carb off myself, which was easy to do, took it down to a motorbike shop paid them to clean it watched them take it apart n leave it in ultrasonic cleaner but it didnt look too dirty in the first place but i put the carb cleaner with the petrol just in case. i did remove the carb again and took the float bowl off and blew compressed air into every single orifice in the carb, float is fine float needle is fine adjusted to the correct position.

8. #8 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    Just reread your initial post.

So, when the bike is cold, it starts ok with the choke? The problem happens (sometimes) when the bike is warm?

9. #9 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    yes it starts with choke up, leave it for a few mins, put the choke down and its all fine, but if i pput the choke down too soon it bogs and eventually dies, if i try to start it after its died is when it has trouble starting sometimes wont start sometimes it will but with choke off it just dies so i leave it to warm up for a few minutes

10. #10 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    but sometimes it will start fine choke up or down after its died

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast