Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hello from Croatia 
    Hi
    My name is Ivan,im from Croatia,living in small town named Makarska.
    I bought a Zongshen SM motorcycle 6 months ago,im very satisfied with it. It has over 7 500 km, not a single problem:thumbup: yet:biggrin:.
    Here in Croatia,we have offical distributor of Zongshen Motorcycle, the web page is http://www.zongshen.hr, so the parts and other things are not problem.
    Here are few pics,its a 200cc air cooled motor,i done a few styling things to bike.
    Orginal

Mine

Sorry for my bad english:blush:

Welcome to the site. It's great to have some more people from Europe around. I hope you can post some pictures of riding around Croatia and your experience with the bike.

Welcome, nice bike, did it come with the led taillight?

Hi Max
    I really like the look of your bike. What are the styling things you did to the bike?

I love the brush guards on the handlebars....

I want to replace the crappy stock units on my GY-5, but aftermarket units wouldn't do as good a job at cutting the wind. I ride a lot in the cold, so that's just as important as barkbusting....
    Owned:1983 Kawasaki KZ750 , 1984 Yamaha XS650 Heritage Special, 1983 Honda Silverwing GL650 Interstate, 1981 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD, 1982 Honda Silverwing GL500
    Own:1978 Honda CB550K, 2007 Lifan GY-5 200

Quote Originally Posted by Chinggis101 View Post
    Hi Max
    I really like the look of your bike. What are the styling things you did to the bike?
    Well, i changed the stop light with the led ones,changed the "big ass" turn lights with new ones, painted all the plastic with black color and polished, remove handguards, changed front tire(sava) and rear tire (dunlop),repainted the exhahust (very poor color orginal,these are old photos) and drilled the exahust,halogen blue light bulb....
    Im planing to paint the rims (only one part of rim),and change the headlight i like the arcebis:thumbup:. and stick some stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Welcome, nice bike, did it come with the led taillight?
    No, i bought it from ebay (cca 20$).

Max,

Those are some great pics and I have never seen a better looking ZongShen! I'm very happy to hear it has been trouble free for 7,500km and that parts are very available.

How did you first hear about Chinese motorcycles in Croatia? How did you decide to buy the ZongShen?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post

How did you first hear about Chinese motorcycles in Croatia? How did you decide to buy the ZongShen?

CC
    Well,im currently studying electrical ingeniring so im on low budget,but i need some kind of transport.Here in Split,there are many of these motorcycles,even some post-office guys are riding it:thumbup:,so i say "hell,whay not?",everybody who owns it sad there are great bikes,great quality from Zongshen,2 years warranty. So i bought it . Here,a Zongshen engines (outboard,motorcycles and so...) are not the cheapest one, Jiaing and QuingQi are cheaper,and some noname ATVs and enduros.

Wow, and a two year warranty with parts actually available! That's not too bad. How did you buy it? From a store or internet? How much did it cost new? What are some of the most popular models in Croatia?

Sorry I have so many questions but I enjoy learning more about what it's like for rider in all parts of the world.

CC

P.S. Would love to see a picture of a "Postal" ZongShen. Do they paint it special colors?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast