Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Lifan 600cc Nuke 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob Niels Thomsen's Avatar
    http://translate.google.com/translat...history_state0=

There are some news about the Nuke here. This is from a danish website. If anything is lost in translation, I will be glad to sort out some of it.

2. #12 Re: Lifan 600cc Nuke 
    Forget about it. The journalist who wrote this got the information from me when I posted it on a danish MC forum. He does not have any info apart from what we already know.

3. #13 Re: Lifan 600cc Nuke 
    http://lifanmoto.com.ua/news/13
    This Ukranian Lifan importer claimed in nov. 09 that the model i up and running, but maybe just another rumour. Althrough this is the newest information I've seen on this bike yet.

4. #14 Re: Lifan 600cc Nuke 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Oh! Just what we need on China's chaotic roads: A Gixxer-inspired Chinese-made 4-cyl 16-valve 600cc crotch rocket, aka Darwinian selection tool. This would surely weed out the idiots on the road, but also cause a lot of collateral carnage along the way. Send this suicide machine to the Ukraine -- and keep it there!

Kidding aside, these images all date back to that 4th ChinaMoto show in April 2007, and I can find nothing new in the Chinese forums since then.

The girls in the pix would be three years older now...
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #15 Re: Lifan 600cc Nuke 
    Yes you are right, they have probably just seen this thread, and then wanted to create some interest about their brand. They don't know any more than us at this moment. So no large displacement sports-touring bikes for us yet.

6. #16 Re: Lifan 600cc Nuke 
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels Thomsen View Post
    So no large displacement sports-touring bikes for us yet.
    Dear Niels, I wouldn't say ***no*** large-displacement sport-touring bikes. Yes, the JH600 is more of a dual sport, but she's rock solid on the road at 120kph fully loaded, so she's one option. And as bikerdoc has REPORTED in the recent H-D thread, Chunfeng aka CFMoto.com has confirmed that its long-rumored 650cc twin street bike, which ZMC888 suggests quotes heavily from the KAWI ER6, will be out before the end of 2010. Though it's no match for most of China's chaotic roads, that Chunfeng could be a valuable addition to the growing range of bigger-bore China-made bikes entering the global markets.

What's your impression of the rumored Chunfeng, which purportedly is the steed seen in THIS POSTING?
    jkp
    Shanghai

7. #17 Re: Lifan 600cc Nuke 
    Wow that was new to me. Cool thanks for that link. Looks MUCH like the ER6-N to me, except around the footpeg.
    I also found this on the CF moto homepage
    http://www.cfmoto.cn/Media_info.php?id=484

8. #18 Re: Lifan 600cc Nuke 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gpPeej View Post
    Yep, old news. But I believe the partnership achieved what it needed to. I understand that China now has 2 Harley stores and despite the 100% tariff, you can legally obtain an HD there. I was hoping that technical and manufacturing partnerships could have resulted. Nope.
    PJ
    Harley Davidson now has a number of stores open in China; Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao and Hong Kong being the original stores. Four new dealerships opened earlier this year (2010) in Wenzhou, Xiamen, Dalian and Chengdu.

9. #19 Re: Lifan 600cc Nuke 
    I'd reported in this forum that H-D was moving up to 20 hogs a month from its feedlot out in suburban Shanghai, and a second source told me this weekend that they'd indeed sold about 100 bikes in 2010 to date. Harleys are so hot in Shanghai now that in some months they are absorbing the entire pool of available local license plates, which are allocated through a lottery because Shanghai authorities have taken a decision not only to cap the number of motorcycles on the road but to actually reduce the total. I grabbed a plate this month for my JH600 -- one of only 2 plates available when I applied.

If H-D now has stores in 8 cities -- damn! -- who wudda thought it would be Harley that captured popular imagination and shook up China's motorcycling market??? I'll have to get myself out there to have a look.
    jkp
    Shanghai

10. #20 Re: Lifan 600cc Nuke 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    I'd reported in this forum that H-D was moving up to 20 hogs a month from its feedlot out in suburban Shanghai, and a second source told me this weekend that they'd indeed sold about 100 bikes in 2010 to date. Harleys are so hot in Shanghai now that in some months they are absorbing the entire pool of available local license plates, which are allocated through a lottery because Shanghai authorities have taken a decision not only to cap the number of motorcycles on the road but to actually reduce the total. I grabbed a plate this month for my JH600 -- one of only 2 plates available when I applied.

If H-D now has stores in 8 cities -- damn! -- who wudda thought it would be Harley that captured popular imagination and shook up China's motorcycling market??? I'll have to get myself out there to have a look.
    Yeah, HD Shanghai advised last week that they are completely out of stock of (883) Sportster's and Fatboy's for the rest of the year. In other words they have already sold their 2010 stock, and will only look to fill orders for those two models in 2011. Of course that's just Shanghai, when I spoked with the new Wenzhou dealership last week, they have both models in stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12