Whilst this bike is almost certainly the best road-going legal 250cc bike in China..........

I'm not talking about the running costs for this bike, I'm talking about the depreciation on the new value. The reason being is that, for anyone selling this bike you'd be lucky (according to the opinions of most Chinese riders) to get more than 12,000 RMB for the bike after one year, meaning a massive 13,550 RMB ($2000 USD!) depreciation over the first year from the new price of 25,500 RMB ($3,700 USD).

Then 8,000 RMB 2nd hand value at the most after two years.

The reasons for this depreciation has a lot to do with older unregistered CB400 type bikes in the marketplace, and other cheaper alternatives for potential buyers, and the fact that the bike is just plain silly overpriced to begin with, 15,500 RMB ($2,300 USD) would be a fair price for the bike IMO, and the overpricing of this bike has warped the prices of other bikes in the Chinese motorcycle market.

So on a personal level the YBR250 doesn't make sense unless I want to keep it for the vast majority of its service life (5 years +), however this is something I don't want to commit to, with an eye on potential 400-600cc road legal Chinese or joint venture bikes possibly being available. So the Regal Raptor DD250-2 it is then .