Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Yamaha YBR250 doesn't make sense to buy 
    C-Moto Senior
    I am sorry, I had incorrect information. Looks like the old ybr250 is made in china.

That said, interesting about the VTRe50. The same engine is used in the Honda Magna 250. Copies of the Magna 250 are made by Chunlan in the PRC and Kymco in Taiwan. If one of them would be smart enough to put the engine in a standard chassis it would make a kickass little bike.

In the Magna 250 the engine still makes a respectable 33 hp.

2. #12 Re: Yamaha YBR250 doesn't make sense to buy 
    I really hate the Magna, another one of Honda's experiments that didn't sell. Ugly looking CMX updated done wrong. Really, the only thing I do like is that engine, but it could be the core of a really lovely street bike.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

3. #13 Re: Yamaha YBR250 doesn't make sense to buy 
    Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    That is a good looking bike. It clearly has the lines of the old 1986 Interceptor 500 that I owned (And am sorry I ever sold).

Dan K.

4. #14 Re: Yamaha YBR250 doesn't make sense to buy 
    I was just hanging out with a couple Honda V4/VF500 riders last weekend. They are wonderful bikes that both guys and gals can enjoy.
    I'll probably get one in the very near future should an excellent price on a nice one cross my desk.

- Jen and her newly acquired VF500 -

If you're bored, more photos at: http://imageevent.com/comradecarl/moto/noe2009

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #15 Re: Yamaha YBR250 doesn't make sense to buy 
    Good luck Carl trying to find a decent one. They've all long ago been crashed by squids and parted out. I've been looking for a long time for another one in good enough shape to make it worthwhile.

The smoothest motor in any bike I've ever owned. Mine was the same paint scheme as the one in your photo.

Sigh. . .

Cheers,

Dan K.

6. #16 Re: Yamaha YBR250 doesn't make sense to buy 
    Dan,

You can find some good samples around on the East coast. I know a couple people with samples in excellent condition but I doubt they're going to give them up anytime soon.

I appreciate your lament though...she is pretty!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

7. #17 Re: Yamaha YBR250 doesn't make sense to buy 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Whilst this bike is almost certainly the best road-going legal 250cc bike in China..........

I'm not talking about the running costs for this bike, I'm talking about the depreciation on the new value. The reason being is that, for anyone selling this bike you'd be lucky (according to the opinions of most Chinese riders) to get more than 12,000 RMB for the bike after one year, meaning a massive 13,550 RMB ($2000 USD!) depreciation over the first year from the new price of 25,500 RMB ($3,700 USD).

Then 8,000 RMB 2nd hand value at the most after two years.

The reasons for this depreciation has a lot to do with older unregistered CB400 type bikes in the marketplace, and other cheaper alternatives for potential buyers, and the fact that the bike is just plain silly overpriced to begin with, 15,500 RMB ($2,300 USD) would be a fair price for the bike IMO, and the overpricing of this bike has warped the prices of other bikes in the Chinese motorcycle market.

So on a personal level the YBR250 doesn't make sense unless I want to keep it for the vast majority of its service life (5 years +), however this is something I don't want to commit to, with an eye on potential 400-600cc road legal Chinese or joint venture bikes possibly being available. So the Regal Raptor DD250-2 it is then .
    Take the YBR125 for a ride and after the YBR250, than you know why it worth to pay that much more.
    I paid 20,800 rmb and it was worth every penny. Dont forget it has even a fuel injection system, no stupid adjusting of the carburetor anymore. I did 5539m / 18172ft without any problems. Dont know any other bike here I would abuse that much ;)
    Riding the horse to death

http://tuo-ma-si.blogspot.com

8. #18 Re: Yamaha YBR250 doesn't make sense to buy 
    C-Moto Regular
    but your right that the bike is too expensive for the chinese market, even the YBR125 is too expensive for chinese buyers, for them a 125cc should be in a range of 3-5.000rmb

9. #19 Re: Yamaha YBR250 doesn't make sense to buy 
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyokid
    I paid 20,800 rmb and it was worth every penny.
    I would of paid 20,800 RMB for it, but I was only offered 25,500 RMB for it, from all the local dealers , do you have some special connections at Jianshe Yamaha, or did you and some friends buy a few at the same time?

I'd also love the opportunity to be able to test ride the YBR250.....but in my area this is not possible.

What brand tires does the bike come with in China?
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

10. #20 Re: Yamaha YBR250 doesn't make sense to buy 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I would of paid 20,800 RMB for it, but I was only offered 25,500 RMB for it, from all the local dealers , do you have some special connections at Jianshe Yamaha, or did you and some friends buy a few at the same time?

I'd also love the opportunity to be able to test ride the YBR250.....but in my area this is not possible.

What brand tires does the bike come with in China?
    I love price research and bargaining :) Got it from a dealer in Jiangxi. They are actually forbidden to sell them for under 23.800rmb.

I think they put Kenda tires on the bikes.

Yeah testriding is unknown in China for motorbikes. I remember after i bought the ybr125 and drove on it the first meter after i paid i just wanted to return it :) No way that little shit would bring me to europe haha The 250 feels so different from the 125.

If you want the bike, it has 9000km on the clock and is just 3 month old. At the moment on the way to Chongqing for new clutch and a body make-up. It has alarm, original back tire and offroad back tire and side boxes for lots of stuff, but you can take them off too. Asked price is 15.000rmb but remember it was used intensely in Tibet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast