Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: New Shineray

1. #1 New Shineray 
    I had posted some information about the bike I had been planning to get in a post about what tools would have been needed to assemble the bike.

I actually found out that right accross the street from the shipping company was a motocycle repair shop and this being China means it would cost next to nothing to assemble the bike.

Due to the fact that the bike was extremely late in arriving I was quite upset with the factory and let the company know through several phone calls over the past two weeks. To save face the factory ended up sending me one of the jungle green camo bikes. These are the bikes the factory is not really supposed to sell and they told me the only reason I was able to get the bike is beacuse the factory wanted to do something to aid their apology.Sorry about the short post earlier. I was having trouble uploading the pictures.

My first impressions of the bike is it seems to be really well built for a Chinese bike. The frame protects the engine well and the quality of the parts is impressive for a bike at this price.

The gas tank is huge as are the racks. The seat is wide and comfortable and should help me eat up loats of Chinese roads.

The suspension is great and there is a ton of ground clearance.

This bike is big and tall. I am 6' and have a 31" inseam and am just on the balls of my feet when on the bike. Here are some pics. More to come when the weather clears up.

Some more detailed pics of the bike. Sorry about the mud

Well it's been 4 days since I've had the bike. I've put nearly 500km on it so far and have had no trouble at all. I went to the beach yesterday and up into the mountains today. Enjoy the pics

I got my first problem with the bike. The factory had warned me about this possibly being an issue with the plastic gas tank and the paint they used to paint it. I guess the tank doesn't like the paint very much and has started to bubble and flake off in one spot. The factory also said that if this is a problem they will send me a new tank with new paint(different cemical make-up) as they're still looking for the right combo. The side pannels and fenders have no issues.

If I did get the red and black bike this wouldn't be a problem because it uses colour infused plastics.

Here are some more pics of the bike from the beach trip today. We used our trip to test the new small soft bags.