Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. #91 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    What a compliment! A petrol burning, baby eating hairy beast is much manlier than a whinging junky!

About the air filter, i usually just clean mine out by wringing it in a wee bucket of petrol, then just plop it back in there. Is this frowned upon by people who know what they're doing?

2. #92 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    What a compliment! A petrol burning, baby eating hairy beast is much manlier than a whinging junky!

About the air filter, i usually just clean mine out by wringing it in a wee bucket of petrol, then just plop it back in there. Is this frowned upon by people who know what they're doing?
    Laughed at, not frowned upon. Wash with a citrus based soap, dry, then spray with Foam Filter Oil. Chinese factories don't oil their filters because they don't know what foam filter oil is. You can usually find it on the same shelf as the chain lube they don't know about either.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #93 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Awesome guys, hope to see pictures of how the trip goes!

(Obligatory video reply.)

4. #94 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Hmmm.... just happened to stumble on this today at the Galaxy website. Interesting concept

Wonder what it costs.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

5. #95 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    That's the "Franki-frame" with engine protection and tank guard... Wonderful boxes - can't remember who came up with the concept of using those boxes on bikes... Was it Mr. ChinaV maybe?

How do they make those stickers not to fall off the tank? any solution here?

Good looking though.
    AW.
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

6. #96 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfaelzer View Post
    How do they make those stickers not to fall off the tank? any solution here?
    They haven't made a set of stickers yet that don't fall off. They did some kind of "texture" thing with the decals recently that did increase the fall off time from 2 weeks to about 2 months. My new ones on the black gas tank with the texture were lying on the floor of my garage when I returned from my summer holiday

I think there are bits of ChinaV and Franki sprinkled all over that ADV edition... at least he got a free bike out of it. I'm still waiting for the parts I ordered last April.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

7. #97 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Yes, those rally tank stickers are appalling. Mine are held on with duct tape.

By the way, is it just me or does the XTR look totally badass with the large tank and the back end completely removed?

8. #98 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    They haven't made a set of stickers yet that don't fall off. They did some kind of "texture" thing with the decals recently that did increase the fall off time from 2 weeks to about 2 months. My new ones on the black gas tank with the texture were lying on the floor of my garage when I returned from my summer holiday

I think there are bits of ChinaV and Franki sprinkled all over that ADV edition... at least he got a free bike out of it. I'm still waiting for the parts I ordered last April.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    The new stickers are kiss cut in order let the gas out. There is no quality problem with the stickers just the fuel tank. I remember AW explained about this a while back. My bike with new stickers on for a month now and seems ro held fast but the one on my friend's bike with new fuel tank has bubbles near the edge.

For the record, I didn't get a free bike from Galaxy. Today is the last day I ride this bike back from Inner Mongolia and I am so glad that I can finally return the bike bac k to Galaxy so that I can ride my own bikes again. My job helping Galaxy to get an adv bike on the shelf is coming to a close. LD450 next? may be not, haha.

9. #99 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Adicto A Las Motocicletas Caferacer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    ... is it just me or does the XTR look totally badass with the large tank and the back end completely removed?
    I think it looks superb!, and is screaming for "tail chop mod", Ducati-Monster-Style, perhaps lowering the front forks (sliding-down) and putting the back wheel close the non-existent fender(sadly doesn't seem to have a link at the mono-shock).
    It Could Be the MiniCHinaDuc(tape)Monster :)

10. #100 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Cheers. I think this look might be worth spending a little effort on to make it practical. A hugger over the rear wheel to make it ridable in the rain, a small bracket to mount to mount a tail light and plate and a better looking exhaust would do the trick! I think i like the tall suspension, makes the bike look even shorter!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast