Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. #71 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    The "ape hanger" handlebars are not the best looking, but the position is perfect for long rides and standing up. Unfortunately the design of the XTR triple clamp does not allow for an easy purchase of bar risers. The ones on Franki's bike are custom made and not available, so I had to go with the extra tall bars. Handguards will be put on tonight.

The black plastic is a standard color option at Galaxy, but the rally gas tank only comes in white, so that's why I originally chose all white. During a recent visit to the factory I stumbled onto a black rally tank, supposedly the only one that exists (a sample), so I got pretty lucky in getting it.

More to come...

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #72 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hird View Post
    Whoa there moilami !
    I do have a first name you know, perhaps you could do me the courtesy of using it ?
    I haven't "Fallen to Misery" and given up on my XTR just yet.
    snip
    I notice that someone is importing your XTR for you......you should give importing one by yourself a go first, before you start criticising other people.
    That's not what this forum is about, it's about like minded individuals helping one another out and offering good natured help and advice.
    Andy
    Blimey, Master Andy got out of bed the wrong side? I think you were too quick to read personal criticism mate - and we do have to be careful with posts from from buddies on here that are not 'english as first language' and give a bit of leeway oerhaps? Don't be too up yourself, its not that important.

Whereas that black bike is lovely ChinaV, I'm a black bike fan myself, wish i'd known about that machine a couple of yearss ago, I could do with another 50cc. The luggage is great too, thanks for all the info folks, makes me feel like working on mine again.

3. #73 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi China V,

If your handlebar arrangement is the same as mine, then bar risers are available that fit. I can’t post a picture at the moment, as I’m at work, but I’ll post one this evening when I get home.

I’ve just bought some from ebay as per the link below, and they fit a treat. I think they were about £25 including postage which I thought was very reasonable. Contact the seller and ask if he’ll ship to China, if he’s not prepared to ship to China, then get in touch and I’ll buy some for you over here and post them out to you.

See here :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Cheers

Andy

4. #74 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    I haven't "Fallen to Misery" and given up on my XTR just yet.

*clip*

I notice that someone is importing your XTR for you......you should give importing one by yourself a go first, before you start criticising other people.

*clip*

Andy
    I spoke about myself. I fell in misery, you know this bike is a big thing for me and I would hate to see it fail because of esoteric EFI problems. I don't have a clue from where you picked I criticised you importing the bike. I have enough pain waiting for my bike three months now and counting, while keeping thumbs up for the importer to not go bankruptcy. Anyway I feel retarded for answering to you, but had to do it anyway to clear some weird accusations.

Good luck with your bike, and ride safe.

5. #75 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    moilami, did you order the EFI version? Galaxy is apparently selling these bikes directly to the US, for a good price, but my hesitation is the long wait, and Andy's EFI issues would cause me to order one with a carb (sorry to let you be the Guinea pig, Andy, but I don't even think you had a choice if I remember correctly due to the EU emission laws, but I might be mistaken). Okay, my hesitation is the cash outlay , LOL, but if I had the money right now....

Andy, is the CCM XTR 250 available? What is the situation with SMC in the UK? Perhaps you can get some of their bikes through bankruptcy if they have gone into receivership

ChinaV, you keep impressing us with your bikes, and this is no exception!

6. #76 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    I spoke about myself. I fell in misery, you know this bike is a big thing for me and I would hate to see it fail because of esoteric EFI problems. I don't have a clue from where you picked I criticised you importing the bike. I have enough pain waiting for my bike three months now and counting, while keeping thumbs up for the importer to not go bankruptcy. Anyway I feel retarded for answering to you, but had to do it anyway to clear some weird accusations.

Good luck with your bike, and ride safe.
    Sorry mate, I misinterpreted what you had written and over reacted. Please accept my humble apologies.

I know how you feel taking the massive gamble of importing the XTR, it is quite a worry. I hope you don’t have the same problems I’ve had with mine. To be fair to Galaxy they do keep in regular contact via email, and I get the impression that are very interested in sorting my EFI as it’s helping develop the product.

Moilami....sorry again, and good luck with your XTR hope it goes well. I’m sure it will, with so many helpfull people on here to help.

Cheers

Andy

7. #77 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    "moilami, did you order the EFI version?"

Yeah, it was the only choise. Regarding money, hmm, markets in Finland dictated that I either buy around '90 Suzuki DR650 for €2000+ or around '90 KLX 250 for €2000+. To pay about the same price of 20 years old bike as of brand new Galaxy was not very attractive option, even though I adore old DRs. However.... er... at least based on my and Andy's experiences it seems that with Galaxy you need $$$ worth of patience even before you get the bike up to a point you could become a fully qualified buddhist monk before the delivery And what happens if and when you get the bike? For some reason people don't say "highly recommended" of China Bikes. Anyway my previous bike was MZ 301 Kanuni, many would say it was "shitty crap bike", words I never want to use of motorbikes because I am so crazy for motorcycles, and in my opinion there are just more or less reliable bikes which are more or less suitable for road or off-road. In addition to those there are crappy drivers who should never say opinions of bikes if they can't hold a screwdriver and wrench Which leads us to rule number one: in addition to rules there is rock 'n' roll

If all else fails you can always hammer and burn it MZ, which was greatly reliable and awesome bike, still required attitude to own and ride, if you don't have it, get a Harley.
    Last edited by moilami; 04-28-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Fixxxt Youtube.

8. #78 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Sorry mate, I misinterpreted what you had written and over reacted. Please accept my humble apologies.

I know how you feel taking the massive gamble of importing the XTR, it is quite a worry. I hope you don’t have the same problems I’ve had with mine. To be fair to Galaxy they do keep in regular contact via email, and I get the impression that are very interested in sorting my EFI as it’s helping develop the product.

Moilami....sorry again, and good luck with your XTR hope it goes well. I’m sure it will, with so many helpfull people on here to help.

Cheers

Andy
    No probs mate and my apologies in turn for becoming rude at you even though I realized there is misunderstanding going on. I felt sorry for you with your EFI issues, but in the same time I was so damn pissed I made a deal to buy the bike I did not have much interest to discuss of bikes. And to be honest I still am quite some, but that's not rock 'n' roll, have to live with it

9. #79 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    No probs mate and my apologies in turn for becoming rude at you even though I realized there is misunderstanding going on. I felt sorry for you with your EFI issues, but in the same time I was so damn pissed I made a deal to buy the bike I did not have much interest to discuss of bikes. And to be honest I still am quite some, but that's not rock 'n' roll, have to live with it

Moilami......will the importer be assembling your bike, or will he deliver it to you still in the crate ?

If he is assembling it, he should do a thorough pre delivery inspection, so it will be down to him to sort out any problems, and he should offer a warranty with the bike.

Does the importer carry spare parts also ? If so could you give me his contact details, as it will probably be quicker and easier to get parts for mine from Finland rather than going direct to Galaxy.

If your bike has made it onto the ship, then that's the longest wait over Let's hope you get lucky with the EFI and it runs as sweet as a nut

Cheers

Andy

10. #80 Re: ChinaV's Galaxy 250! 
    Moilami......will the importer be assembling your bike, or will he deliver it to you still in the crate ?

If he is assembling it, he should do a thorough pre delivery inspection, so it will be down to him to sort out any problems, and he should offer a warranty with the bike.

Does the importer carry spare parts also ? If so could you give me his contact details, as it will probably be quicker and easier to get parts for mine from Finland rather than going direct to Galaxy.

If your bike has made it onto the ship, then that's the longest wait over Let's hope you get lucky with the EFI and it runs as sweet as a nut

Cheers

Andy

The importers will assemble and inspect the bike with loctite treatment. They have a good reputation in Finland (this is a small country and MX circles are even smaller), and I like them too.

Galaxy Finnish importer website: http://www.pattoni.com/Etusivu.html

I think they sell parts since they are selling disassembled Asiawing used as parts bike when they imported Asiawing http://www.nettimoto.com/asiawing/ld/883839 , and they have sold motors also. But on the other hand if they haven't got Galaxy bikes yet they might not have any for sale now. I recommend you give a call to Patrick +358 440 559039 and ask.

PM sent to you also, please check.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast