Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Zennco YB125 info 
    You will obviously have to tell us a lot more mate if you want help! And pictures always help especially with language differences.
    Perhaps start a new thread just for yourself?
    Some here are good mechanics in general, some are very experienced with particular bikes and some of us have bodged around for decades and somehow got by. What are the problems?

2. #12 Re: Zennco YB125 info 
    Local Motocross Star
    I have bought one of these zenncos and i striped it right down and the engine is almost the spit of an old school honda cg engine, so i bought part for the cg and they fit pritty much instantly mt zennco has now got a scorpeon exhaust system, brembo front/rear brakes, shorty clutch and brake levers, alien company head light, ive changed the card for a more sporty one not sure on the make, reathal bars, digital clocks. D.I.D chain and sprocket one tooth down on the back. it will go about 85-90mph now and it pulls away quicker than my sm400 and it looks the dogs danggles. these bike CAN be modified ifyou take the time and look for the part and take even more time fitting them. I love my zennco!

3. #13 Re: Zennco YB125 info 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Wow, great first post, SoundsInc! Only thing missing are pix!

Sounds like you are good with a spanner. I bet there are plenty of folks in this forum who would like to see in detail the mods you've done.

Congrats!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #14 Re: Zennco YB125 info 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have been doing the same mate, got my bike last year as a project, unfortunately the last owner had done zero maintainence, he boasted about changing the oil and he didn't even know the bike has a mesh oil filter let alone clean it!, he also never lubed the chain and it was toast and the front sprocket had wave shaped teeth, as the chain was too tight.

By the way the standard replacement front sprocket is JTF 266/13 for the standard 520 size chain.

I will also have to put up a list of parts I used as I have some generic parts numbers for brake pads, sprocket, etc should save other Zennco YB125 owners a lot of time front brake pads are EBC FA135.

Also I find it great that you got over 80 MPH! out of it, I will have to get a new rear sprocket, one tooth less you say :)

Is that all you did to get over 80? What size main jet are you using ?

My new exhaust made the bike a lot lighter about 3kg's!, lighter but I can only get about 55 out of mine?

I have removed old air box, installed new Carb Mikuni VM22 new short cone style air filter, LED Tail Light and indicators with Solid State Flasher, Better CDi, Sports Coil, New Chain, New Front Sprocket, removed rear hangers, removed crappy side reflectors, removed old metal licence plate bracket, also replaced lots of mild steel rust bolts with Stainless button head allen bolts, mutch nicer!

I installed the new Aluminium alloy exhaust yesterday it weigh about 500grams! and is loud but has BSAU and E marks, so fingers crossed for MOT!

By the way I drilled a small hole in my sump bolt and super glued and tapped in a very powerful little rod magnet in it, this helps catch any steel particles in the oil and works well, you can also buy magnetic sump bolts, but I am certain mine works better.

By the way another great upgrade is an LED Sidelight they use less power but are about 10 times brighter that the standard orange sidelight bulbs :)

Here is an old photo of my YB125 before my Led Brake light and Exhaust upgrades were fitted. The biggest let down is the plastics are really crappy, they seem to be made from really bad quality plastic that cracks real easy!

yb125.jpg

I will post a new updated photo soon, I have also added a Top Box aswell saves carry helmet round everywhere!

By the way my front brake line plastic covering is cracking whats the best place to get a bespoke good quality braided lines from?
    Last edited by ZenncoMotard; 02-01-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12