Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: HELP NEEDED

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello Everyone ,
    I am Deepak (D-PAC) from Nepal , Kathmandu . Right now I am in China .
    I am very fond of Offroad Motorcycles , I want to start a Manufacturing line of the same (or lets say Assembling Line ) . I am confused over the engine that I should choose . I am interested in 200CC -250CC Chinese Engines , that are durable , and have reasonably good mileage . I am looking for a good quality Engine Assembly producer in China and am confused whom to buy from .
    Wonjan China , has offered me its 250cc range , saying that its the best and they also produce the same for SUZUKI . I want Engines in my O.E brand. I am confused , and I would love to hear from you guys who have techcical know hows and experiece with the Chinese bikes .

Kindly suggest me guys , what should I go for . Whom should I select as Engine Supplier from China .

Best Regards,
    Deepak

2. #2 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    Deepak,

Welcome to MCM and I'm sure you're having an interesting time in China! There are many (too many!) manufacturers to choose from in China and it's very very easy to get confused.

Probably all of the manufacturers will say their engines are the best and, since so many are alike, it will be difficult to tell which ones are true. Many of us have had good like with QingQi in Jinnan and they generally seem to be the most modern Suzuki design and consistently produced quality of the ones I've seen in China. Shineray makes a couple nice engines/bikes as well. Lifan, Zongshen and a few others are also worth considering. It really depends on what you're looking for!

Because there are so many to talk to and try, patience will be important. Have you imported bikes to Nepal before or is this a new business for you?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Welcome Deepak, You have a big job in front of you. It would help us to make suggestions if we knew wether you are trying to make the best off-road bikes...or just the cheapest. Many manufacturers will even have a "menu" of options that can change the cost and quality of the same bike. You can choose from different components of different quality to raise or lower the price. The false economy of using cheap parts is what gets assemblers into trouble. If you try to save a few $ by using cheaper seals and bearings it WILL reduce the reliability of the end product.

I've seen bikes that after just 2 years of use were crippled by rotting, crumbling rubber parts. The assembler saved a few $ and used rubber without UV Stabilizers...and it crumbled.

Consider starting with the top ten manufs.

PJ

4. #4 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you so much Crazycarl & Gppeej ,
    I want engine assembly for a good quality Motocross bike , I have been dealing in 4 wheelers genuine spare parts in Nepal and I am among ppl who highly appreciate quality. A few bucks spent here and there , is definetely gonna get value to my brand in the longterm . I know and value the importance of standard parts .
    Since the Engine is the most Vital part of any bike , I want a Engine Asembly that is proof and that I can rely on . In Nepal , there is one Motocross somewhat liked brand HARTFORD and my competition is with this Taiwanese producer . My brother has a Hartford VR 200 cc bike and I beleive it is all JUNK .
    Its a dream for me to ride something that is not soo expensive (like the japanese) but reliable and fun .
    Crazy Carl , gp Peej , kindly suggest me which models of Engine Assy from Qingqi , would be best for a Motocross bike . I want 200-250cc engines with durability and reasonable mileage . And yes , After sales Service parts should be easily avaiable ( I want Engines in my OE Brand )
    Friends your suggestions are higly valued . Looking ahead to hear from you guys .

5. #5 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    Welcome DP-KTM. Will you be using these bikes for tours of your country? I would love to make it to Nepal sometime before I die, and to ride would make it that much better!

I would take Carl's advice as he has done personal research with Qingqi when he lived in China. Another company to consider is Galaxy, www.GalaxyMotoRcycle.com and I am not sure if this company is affiliated with Galaxy, but has a very similar looking bike lineup,

http://www.shuopuscience.com/ Hope this helps you a bit!

6. #6 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    Many Chinese companies make motorcycles which rust easily and have bolts which are often not properly tightened. No matter how good the bike looks in photos or on paper buy a Chinese motorcycle with a good reputation, especially if there are many alternative similar bikes.
    So follow the advice of the others on here.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

7. #7 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    @culcune : tks man , tks for the web add ...i definetely feel better and more confident now .. i have many options to choose from . And I want to make a wise decision here .. Tks to you guys .... I havent tried on any chinese bike yet , but yea with ur experience I get to learn so much... Keep me updated with all the stuffs .. Its a Common Dream for all us riders , we all love our machines , and when we certainly wont like our baby with a birth default ...
    I want to make something that is tough and long lasting ...
    If I make the bike , I ll make it 100% available for touring purposes man ...You are most welcome to Nepal , Katmandu ... I ll be more than glad to do anythin i can for you man ...
    TKS

@ZMC888 - Tks man , thats the thing , I like many bikes when I come across their design and everythin on papers n net .. But I know theres a whole lot more than that to consider when I think of choosing some producer as my supplier ...I am definetely listening to all the suggestions I can , kindly keep me updated and yes all ur experience and suggestions are highly valued ..
    TKS . Looking forward to hear from u

8. #8 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Should the Loncin liquid cooled 250 be a contender in this search, Culcune? What motors are in the Pitster?

PJ

9. #9 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    DP,

Where are you now in China? ChongQing? GuangDong? Have you visited any of the factories yet? If/when you visit the factories, be sure to spend some time watching their production line. Look at each step of the production line for a few minutes to see how carefully and consistently the workers do their jobs.

Also be sure to take a lot of pics. Besides giving Culcune a chance to ride the bikes in Nepal (which would be a great time), take plenty of pictures of the places you visit and please share your thoughts and impression with us as you learn. This way, we can all learn new things as well!

CC

Quote Originally Posted by dp-ktm View Post
    @ZMC888 - Tks man , thats the thing , I like many bikes when I come across their design and everythin on papers n net .. But I know theres a whole lot more than that to consider when I think of choosing some producer as my supplier ...I am definetely listening to all the suggestions I can , kindly keep me updated and yes all ur experience and suggestions are highly valued ..
    TKS . Looking forward to hear from u
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

10. #10 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    @Gppeej , tell me more about the Loncin 250cc liquid cooled engine ..
    I had a small test ride on a Qingqi 200 Cc offroad bike today and i liked the pickup ... the engine did feel goood n alive ...

@ Carl -- I havent visited any factories yet ,. but I am going to visit all of them after the Canton Fair.. I am in Yiwu now , and will be moving to Guangzhou on October 10 .
    When I visit them , I will take all the pictures I can and load them here ....

For now , please suggest me which Engines should be on my top priority list .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast