Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: HELP NEEDED

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    dp, the Pitster uses the Loncin liquid-cooled engines, and if I were in your place, would consider it. The Qingqi 200 or the new 250 should be considered as well.

2. #12 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    I believe Loncin is the company which now manufactures BMW's 800/650 engine.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #13 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    dp, what you might try to do is re-badge a bike or two as your own. Companies in China seem to give you a list of options that you would like for your own specifications, and create the bike for you, using your own name brand--for instance, Qingqi 200 motard and enduros are sold all over the world under different brand names, such as Qlink in the US and STX in Brazil. Shoupu Science company manufactures the Loncin water-cooled bikes for Pitster Pro in the US, Canada, Costa Rica, and maybe some other countries, Puzey in South Africa and Australia, and CCM in the UK. I am sure they would brand name a bike for you in Nepal.

If you have the financial means to manufacture a bike as an OEM, minus the engine, don't take what I am suggesting to you as an insult. The Qingqi and Shoupu bikes are probably two of the top quality (for China) brands, and could help build up your name. In fact, CCM of England does manufacture some of its larger bikes, minus the engine, but uses others' complete smaller bikes (mostly Chinese) rebranded to expand its name in the UK for entry level riders. Just something to consider, unless you really want to manufacture the bike and buy engines.

4. #14 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    tks for the info on the Loncin engine..

Culcune , man I intend to start a assembling unit in Nepal . In Nepal the import duty on Motorcycles is very high , but the Import duty on the Spare Parts is comparatively lower , so i intend to take the parts and assemble the final product there . Yes , I wouldnt mind , if theres some model which has the looks and the engine that I can rely on . till now the Apollo AGB 36 design is the best I think and for the engine I am still not very sure . (I am really scared , what if the engine doesnt work properly and starts having problem after 1-2 years ... Many chinese brands have landed to Nepal before , and they have all failed to leavve a healthy impression , I cant afford going wrong with the engine )

I can spend at max. around 1300 $ here in China . Anything costing more than that would be unaffordable for my target group customers.

Suggest me more ...

5. #15 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    Ok, now we have a better understanding of why you would prefer to bring in bikes' parts vs. complete bikes. The best engines to consider would still be, in my opinion, the Loncin liquid-cooled units, and/or the Qingqi 200/250s. Come to think of it, the 230cc non-liquid cooled Loncin engines as used in the Galaxy bikes seem to hold up well, too. I do think that Qingqi, Shoupu Science (SPX), or Galaxy would be able to work something out as far as selling the bikes' parts to you and you assembling them in Nepal. I hope this comes to fruition for you as we can live vicariously through your efforts to secure a supplier or multiple suppliers. Please keep us posted on your developments , and especially as to how the engines are holding up for you in your testing.

6. #16 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    I agree with Culcune.

One of the most important aspects of the bike is the engine. The only engine I know which has received very good reliability ratings around the world is the QingQi - Suzuki DR200 derived engine.

Many of the newer 250cc engines out now look very promising but do not have much "real world" testing or experience data to back them up so you'll be taking a chance on those. Stable parts supply may also be a question on the new 250cc engines... especially the more complicated water cooled versions!

You can, of course, order for samples and test a couple types out for yourself!

Have you taken any pictures of models yet? What manufacturers have you visited?

CC

7. #17 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I would seriously consider , 250Cc Loncin Liquid Cooled Engine . I think the Apollo comes with thsi engien as standard .
    Can you tell me the approx price of this Loncin 250 Cc Liquid cooled & qiNGQI 200 cC , 250 CC Engine Assembly here in China ?

Please have a look at these links and let me know what do you think of these products :
    http://apollovehicle.com/Motorcycle_A36BW250T_328.html
    http://apollovehicle.com/Motorcycle_A36BW250M_327.html
    (these above models design is the same , the RPM how ever is different , why is that so ? does it make any difference? )

Apollo are offering me the Loncin 250 Cc Liquid Cooled Engine , can you guys kindly give me the design and model specification of the loncin 250 cc engine for check with the apollo guys .

Carl , how much does the 200 Qingqi engine cost around ?

Tks guys .

8. #18 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    ohh ii asked the Apollo guys , they said the engine is same in the agb 36 motard and motocross . the rpm difference is a TYPE EROOR .. haha ...

9. #19 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    DP, not sure about the QingQi 200 engine cost. Depending on the motor rules in Nepal, you may also want to consider the QingQi 250 engine. If you want to contact the factory, let me know.

CC

10. #20 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    yes Carl , please get me in touch with the Qingqi ppl , would be great help . yes I am considering 200-250 cc .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast