Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: HELP NEEDED

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    dp, how long do you plan to spend in China? I figure that you should long term test both the Qingqi 250 enduro and Apollo 36 models, that way you can get a feel for both engines. Have you read through the thread of the member who recently bought a Qingqi 250 in China?

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872

I figure that if you have a month or so, you can long term test both bikes, or better yet, take both bikes as samples back to Nepal! See how the bikes hold up under Nepal's conditions. That way you can get a real world feel of both engines/bikes. Just because I have a bias towards the Pitster model, due to the fact that the Pitster is the only 250cc bike I can get in the US that I really want (there are a few GY-style 250cc, unreliable bikes here), I would take one of those back to Nepal, too, if China is not feasible for you to stay a long time.

I don't want to sound like I am trying to be an expert on this subject since I have never been to China, or have the enviable position that you are in as far as trying out all these brands' bikes, but you being a businessman, and researching products that you want to consider would most likely have a budget for this? I know that the apollo is the bike that you really want, possibly preferably with a Qingqi engine, but you might end up preferring the Apollo with a Loncin, or neither bike suits you and the Shoupu SPX Pitster Pro does! I am sure there are crazier things that could happen, too!!

2. #22 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well i am planning to stay in China for more .. May be till December 13 ...
    I have enough time , when I asked the Apollo Ppl if I could get the feel of the AGb 36 31 on road , they said its not possible , they said , its not street legal in China ... Hmm i wonder what that means , its made upto the EEC standards .. They sell the Qinbgqi 200 here in Yiwu ... hmm CC can you enlighten me more with the norms here .
    Culcune , Megellli , you have mntioned Megelli somewhr in some thread ... Megelli was launched in Nepal a few months back . It definetely looked like the QIngqi 200 , but I wasnt sure ...

I want Bigger Body , like the Apollo and may be Pitster ... Qingqi engine felt good , but the body is (no offence) lookin small and toy type ...

I want to ride alll I can here in China ... and May be later take one sample back home for test there ....

hmmm CC , Culcune , China V is riding in China , hmm am listening guys ...

3. #23 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    culcune , how much does the magelli 200-250 , pitster 200-250 cost around in the US .

4. #24 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    I don't think I mentioned the Megelli, but Qlink is the US distributor for them in the US. Megelli is actually a British-based company; it is believed that their bikes are manufactured in Taiwan, but they also use the 250cc Loncin liquid-cooled engine exclusively in the US market, and some other markets, but usually use a 125cc engine, and not sure of its origins or if it is liquid-cooled, which I doubt it is. They are not available here as of yet according to Qlink's site, but the motard will MSRP for $2900 US when they are available, according to the Qlink site.

Pitster bikes are available and right now can be purchased directly from Pitster and shipped for $2700 US, and are exclusively using the Loncin 250cc liquid-cooled engines, at least the XTR 250's enduro/motard.

From what I understand, as far as riding bikes in China, there are many Chinese-manufactured 250cc bikes that are actually not street-legal for the home market, such as seems to be the case with Apollo. Some of our members have gotten their bikes registered (such as ChinaV's Galaxy 250, and his Qingqi) or at least on the road somehow in China, but they might have connections

5. #25 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    dp-ktm, If you are in Southern China, you can stop by and ride the QM250 and XTR250.

Go to the canton fair, pick a supplier, and work with them on customizing one of their standard models to your requirements. If you want to guarantee the quality of the bikes you sell, I suggest you spend a lot of time working with a single factory.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

6. #26 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    dp, I dug this article up for you. It features the Puzey/Pitster bike with the 25 hp liquid-cooled Loncin engine as reviewed in an Australian magazine:

http://www.pitsterpro.com/uploads/docs/XTR%20250.pdf

7. #27 Re: HELP NEEDED 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    25 HP is music to my ears man . 25 at street legal models ?
    hmm the Apollo Ppl say , they have a Loncin Engine 250cc Liquid cooled , but it got just 17-18 hp (13kw) hmm lemme know about this models details man
    and one more thingh , can you tellme what is the import duty on motorcycles in the US ...like if i get a bike at $1 as cif then how much taxes do i pay and what does it actually cost me before i ride it in US ?
    Tks mate ...
    Cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123