Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    The specs on the bikes look to be good enough... and they seem to have some good looking equipment! I like the digital speedometer with engine temperature!

Is that a Loncin engine?

Very important...have you asked them about their spare parts availability? A bike is no good without parts to fix it!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #12 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    The AGB31 is one good looking bike. These new 250cc bikes were introduced a year or so ago, but the company seemed to hit the proverbial "bumps in the road" financially, at least as far as the US market was concerned, and we never saw them, and still don't!

dp-ktm, if the company is willing to sell you the chassis, and will engineer the bike for another engine (as they don't seem to manufacture their own engines, anyway), then the Qingqi 200 or 250 would be the perfect match, provided the chassis is stout enough. Carl should be able to put you in contact with people he knows at Qingqi as far as engines are concerned. If you read through Carl's long threads about his visits to Qingqi, and his product evaluations from his time in China, you could probably pick out names of people just from those!!

Have fun while you are there even if it is for work, and ride as many bikes as you can--and don't be afraid of pictures!!!!! We love photos, especially those at the factory....

3. #13 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Carl they told me they do have the Loncin 250 cc engine , i am waiting for them to send me the design and all specification , so that I can cross check the details with you guys .

AGB 31 or 36 .. I like the 36 more .. haha ... Nice designs

Culcune , you think I should still go for Qingqi ? Carl ??
    I dont know which ones better , so please ....

Yes Carl I ll make sure , theres plenty of parts avaialble with them at reasonable price before puttin down to anythin ... :)

Guys i ll be goin to the factory visits after the canton , so when I go there , i know I am supposed to take as many pictures I can .. coz I have responsibilities at home :) I will display as many as possible ..

Carl , the Qingqi 200 .. 250 ... info ? price ... views :)

TKS

4. #14 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    DP,

There's a ton of information on MCM about the QingQi line. They are good solid bikes with good parts supply but maybe not as "exciting" as some of the newer 250 models.

Use the "Search" button and type in "QingQi" and you'll see a lot of different results for both 200, 250, ride reports and also a fully photographed factory visit and tour.

We are all eager to see your pictures and hear your thoughts.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #15 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    CC Qingqi's after sales parts service, quaility, popularity is unbeatable , but their design is a major draw back for me ... I dont want to be involved in a design that I personally am not fond of .

I am in GZ now and the Canton fair is looking great in terms of Motocycle Mnaufacturers Participation . I met the PPL at Shineray and their 250 cc version have a very strong impression on my mind. Their design is great , their finishing is awesome and thier price is something around 2900$ :(((ahaha good things are hardly affordable .. hmm
    Can you tell me about the Shinerays Engine and quaity ... I totally love their design ...

I also met guys from Apollo , they said they use Zongshen 250 and Loncin 250 CC engines .. According to them , Zongshen has the winning edge over loncin ????(KINDLY ELABORATE)

Now I am planning to meet Qingqi , Loncin , Zongshen , and others at the fair tomorrow ...

After the fair , I have to goto meet the APollo Guys at their factory , will update with pictures here at CnMoto..a lot of other factry visits lined up after that , first Zhejiang and then Chongqing ...
    Hopefully I will be able to load pictures on time ...

Looking ahead to hear more from you ..

6. #16 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    Based on this post; http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1242
    the Loncin bikes look very interesting to me. They are making engines for BMW so it would seem that they have the edge over Zongshen. It looks like Qingqi is kind of at a standstill, though. All I could see that was "new" is the QM200-2D with the larger 250cc motor (QM250-2D?). Maybe there were other bikes there from them but weren't shown. The Zongshen Cyclone looks nice also with it's Yamaha MT-03 styling.
    Last edited by david3921; 10-20-2009 at 12:54 AM.

7. #17 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    tks david for sharing ur views...
    i met the Loncin guys at Canton and they told me they are havin problem with thier 250cc engine .. theres some voice problem with it ... and when i asked them about it , they said , i'd better buy 2500 cc from zongshen ... hmmmmm ???? carl , culcune ?david?
    hmm that says it all ... and the apollo guys too told me , that the price for zongshen or loncin 250 is same but they prefer zongshen as its much more reliable ... hm now loncin 250 or zongshen ... confused
    HELPPPP MEEEEEEEEE

8. #18 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    dp, is this the liquid-cooled engine that they said had problems? I guess the Zongshen 250 would be okay, and is already engineered for the bike you want I do think that you should long-term test the bike, in Nepal , or you can fly Carl in to do this for you, as I am quite sure he would be up for such an endeavor...

It's a shame that all the bikes that seem to be a little bit above others for your consideration are not quite streetable in China . I know that China is quite large, and am not sure how far are you are from him, but if ChinaV is up for it, you could at least see or try his Galaxy 250 as this bike has the air-cooled Loncin 230cc (perhaps what the Loncin guys were speaking of?).

9. #19 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    I would think that if you are looking for a reliable 250cc air cooled motor that Qingqi would be a safe bet. Check out ChinaV's post on the Qingqi motard for more information. I think Qingqi makes good soild bikes with the Suzuki connection but, like Carl said, they are a bit dated and not too exciting.

10. #20 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    yea the Loncin guys told me they have problem with the 250cc engine ... hmmm i didnt ask the exact engine model no though ... yea thats DUMB
    hmm David , I dont like Qingqis design , but I am not looking for a complete bike , I am in search of the best 200-2500 cc engine for a Motard bike .. Culcune , I dont think I can ride anything I like here in China(they dont have a domestic licence ) ,hmm and I have a tourist visa.. hmm
    Now I will be going to APollo on 23-24 . Hope I like the ride inside their factory ... Will definetely keep update u guys with the production details (with pics) ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast