Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    DP,

Sounds like you have a very specific engine in mind and I'm sure we all hope you find what you are looking for!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures and any insight you have learned from your trip!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #22 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    loncin sounded gud until the company pppl told me they have a prob wth their 250cc engine ....
    yes very specific , the BEST :)
    yea i will update with insights and captures :)

3. #23 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    It's easy to get overwhelmed with choices in China. Many things look good at first but then turn ugly when you look deeper. Ultimately you have to decide what will work...it is still a business decision.

Starting the company, you are not stuck with only one manufacturer for the rest of your life. As your business grows, so can your products and you will have more leverage against other manufacturers and know what to look for. In the future you may have more money to spend on a better engine, bigger engine, better frames.

Chinese bikes are still developing and may take some time before they have "exactly" what you want. We can't always get what we want, but at least should be able to get a good start!

Let's see some pics!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #24 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    dpktm, I had completely forgotten about this company

www.skyteam.cn and this new bike from them

http://skyteam.en.alibaba.com/produc...al_17_17_.html

Skyteam dirt bikes are sold in the US exclusively through United /motors and are rebranded to the UM brand name.

When their motard/enduro were introduced a few years ago here, they didn't sell well due to their high (for Chinese bikes) prices, and UM are still selling '07 models due to them probably not selling well.

Sales in the US being slow should not discourage you from at least meeting with them as they were/are regarded highly for Chinese bikes, in the same league as Qingqi.

5. #25 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    Well, seems that I’m not only one which it interested in this Aprilia RXV wannabe - Apollo AGB-31. Few weeks back, after the search for the method of transport one motorcycle into Serbia, I asked one of managers from Apollo factory about AGB-31. Here is his answer:
    Dear Dragan,
    Glad to receive your email and thanks for interested in our products.
    But sorry for I have to say A31AW250T we stop selling now because some problem.Now only A36B250M is available.
    If you still intersted in our products,please inform us and send your complete contact information,such as company name,tel number, fax number ,website (if any)....
    We will send offer sheets to you after receive your complete information.
    May you have any future questions to contact with us freely.
    Warmest Regards

Angel
    "Some problems"? His answer, I must admit, disappointed me.

OK, supermotard A-36 is available, I know that (here it cost ~1500 euros: http://www.sprintscooters.com/Apollo.html ), but I need enduro. Not to mention that (besides 12 cm longer wheelbase), IMHO, A31 it is more beautiful than A36.

Apollo A36B250M (photo "borrowed" from "Sprint"’s Web-page)

2 dp-ktm
    Take on account that all Apollo motorcycles are very high even for the Europeans.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #26 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    CC , you are right , still need time to reach that point of perfection , but I think the price would not be so impressive then ... So for the bizz in my mind , i think this is the time .
    Culcune , tks for the info man .Always appreciate it . The designs r a total disaster ... How about the Engine ?
    Zorge , we both trippin on some same lane .... Gr8 .
    Even I admired the agb31 more , but was turned down by the apollo ppl . NOw they have a new design , with dual frame , 2 stroke engine for the 31 .
    Yea I rode a agb 36 recently with offroad tyres and the height did seem a problem .. But then for that we can switch to motard tyres design and the problem will be solved ... I think almost all these design bikes are a lil high for average height guys ... So I still prefer the offroad tyres , atleast they look perfect on the machine ....

CHeers guys ... I am going to visit Apollo after a few days and this time I will take a proper note of everything and I will update you guys ... :) No more delays

7. #27 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    dp-ktm, not sure who the engine is made by, if not by Skyteam themselves, but when they were available here in the US through United Motors, they had a decent warranty on the bikes and the engines. However, their sales were slow due to the $3,000 US retail price, and people were hesitant to buy a Chinese-made bike for that price. You are also not impressed with the design, and that seems to weigh heavily with you, and your leaning to the Apollo. Their air-cooled engines are probably not any better or worse than the Zongshen that Apollo uses in their bike, but that is just gut feelings vs. any statistical findings, so if someone who is familiar with Skyteam wants to elaborate for dp-ktm...

8. #28 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    Quote Originally Posted by dp-ktm View Post
    CHeers guys ... I am going to visit Apollo after a few days and this time I will take a proper note of everything and I will update you guys ... :) No more delays
    Please, do so.

Ask them... everything.

9. #29 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    dp-ktm, not sure who the engine is made by
    It is about Apollo's 250cc Engine? Isn't that Loncin's 177 type engine?

Several fellows from the serbian BJBikers forum who have A -36, write that they had no problems so far with the engine (after one season).

10. #30 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yes statistics data are highly appreciated ... Skyteam hmmmm ..
    ZOrge , i know they use Zhongshen or a Loncin Engine , but I aint much sure about the exact Engine Model No .
    On my meeting with the Apollo guys at Canton , they told me the Zhongshen Liquid Cooled 250 is the best ... I would like to know which engine , 2 or 4 valves , sohc or dohc, zhongshen or loncin is being sold th ere at ur end ... 
    No complains yet is gr8 . kindly refer to me the s iiberian bikers site  . i 'd like to jjoin and lea rn more ... 
    yes i'd collect as many details as possible  . 
    see you tomorrow .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast