Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    zorge i did find the bjbikers serbia website ... but its not in english :( ... anyways can u tell me more about the loncin engine thats bein sold in serbia (agb 36).... i am looking forward to more news from u ... and yea Zorge i think u could try the Shineray if u just want to buy 1 pc for ur use.. its priced somewhere between 2700-3000 USD ... and it looks gr88 :)

2. #42 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    Well, it would be surprise that the forum from Serbia in another language other than Serbian ... Theme about Apollo A-36 at: http://www.bjbikers.com/index.php?op...&topic=35777.0

No much to say about the engine of the motorcycle - thing simply working properly. Maximum speed is 110 -115 kilometers per hour, and motorcycle consumes from 2.6 to 3.6 liters of gasoline per 100 kilometers. Torque is good, the combination of sprockets is not ideal for open road (too short), the vibrations are amplified after 6000 rpm, but they are tolerable. The front brakes could be stronger, electrical installations should be carefully checked (pinched wires), and various hoses are very poor and it is best to replace all for a better ones. Any change in the exhaust system improves bike’s performance. Bike is very high, and the seat is tight and hard, and shock absorbers to. The first delivery of the A-36 who came to Serbia has had problems with the rear shock absorbers (leakage after 2000-2500 km) and poorly directed exaust, but the deficiencies were corrected in the next delivery. One guy had a very strange problem - because of bended plastic ribs in front of the radiator, he deformed of high temperature. Imagine – deformed radiator!

Almost to forget: here A-36 costs about 126,000 dinars (1 euro ~ 94 dinars)

A propos Shineray: we have here a small company that imports their ATV, but not motorcycles. Yes, I would agree with you that Shineray has interesting models, but price from 2700-3000 dollars seems like quite high for this motorcycle. Talking about retail or factory price?

Finally, if there are no photos, can write a bit more comprehensive description of the new Apollo model and to compare its appearance with some of the existing motorcycle? Is it full-size, smaller or larger than the A-36?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #43 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    Today I received this from the "Apollo" factory.

Dear Valued Customer,

The 2010 ORION 36-RX Xtreme is the latest and most advanced version of the Orion 36
    line. With 2010 season orders beginning soon we are proud to introduce this new
    version for off and on road. The ORION 36-RX Xtreme consists of NEW quality
    components, such as: 17 light alloy wheels, KTM Replica Aluminum muffler, Fuel
    tank cap with lock, an easy access handlebar choke, modern light switches, a small
    storage for a tool kit and an optional alarm and start/stop switch with remote
    control.

This all comes in addition to the already packed 36-RX which includes professional
    features, such as 57mm diameter up side down front forks, disc brakes and LED
    lighting.
    The ORION 36-RX Xtreme is destined to turn the heads and hearts of all those who
    love the more extreme and advanced designs.Please check the attachment for
    reference.

For Further details on the RX Xtreme please contact us.

4. #44 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    Sounds interesting. Does the "attachment" have any more details or pictures?

Edit: Nevermind! Image was slow to load.

The alloy wheels on the motard version are an interesting addition. If these bikes are of decent quality, they could seriously give Japanese rides a run for the money.

CC

---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #45 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    It appears that the Apollo's motorcycles that came to Europe are quite a decent offer.

BTW, this is оbviously Apollo A31, but is that Zongshen's engine?

6. #46 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    Quote Originally Posted by dp-ktm View Post
    ZOrge , just forget about the AGB 31 ... ITS GONE ... they have replaced that model with a dual frame model and it looks nothing close to the prev .agb 31 ... and yea the new models a 2 stroke bike ... SO Zorge we both had eye on the agb 31 and we both have nothin to look forward to in ths case... AGB 36 is whts on mah mind for now
    Well... this is... 2 stroke AGB-31.

http://www.apollovehicle.com/Motorcy...ke%29_382.html

7. #47 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    C-Moto Senior
    Take a step back and pull up the rose colored visor.
    Is this an acceptable response to an inquiry for service?

Coming-soon(1)(2).jpg

8. #48 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    Sorry, but - which service?

9. #49 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thats what displays when you click on the SERVICE link on the Orions website.
    I would require a 1-800 number, then they can tell me were to buy the bike, were the physical inventory is and also who services the bikes locally. Anyone can service a bike, but they need access to parts and documentation.
    To me its a dodge.as is how warranty is processed if I have no local dealer, then its pretty obvious they are pushing dealership and inventory with what backing, warranty and service support, its missing.
    Contact us link.the numbers are all sales contact numbers in china? The site is selling bikes but ignores the actually people that buy them, coming soon?
    What Service> how about customer service?
    The bikes are being drop shippedthe dealers are just sub distributors? The bikes are all being sold through web distributors?
    Its a shame because the 36-RX look like really good bike.
    Buying a bike without a warranty and without a brick and motor licensed dealer is high risk. You might as well be getting it direct from China. The mark up it over 200% often and you are not really getting anything for the extra money. It sits in a warehouse and the price triples, it changes hands but no value is added only profit.
    If you buy it and it fails good luck with a warranty claim, your dealer is a LLC in another state.
    If you are going to distribute them in another countryit really should not look to the US for any role models.

10. #50 Re: AGB31 Apollo Vehicle 
    C-Moto Senior
    Lets say you buy some bikes to sell.your profit becomes a warranty account, and your reputation perpetuates further sales.
    If you sell it direct then any mechanic can repair the bike? They can but would you honor warranty? Thats a hard sell to the mechanic and the customer. How do they make the claim, would they even be interested in dealing with it?
    That leads to authorized repair centers.and rates and procedures contracted in advance. Unless the warranty is factory backed its very questionable.
    Each bike needs to be tracked, if they are not then they really do not care.they are not seeking to improve the products they just want to sell them and forget about them, its all very short sighted.
    Its like a role of the dice.is it good bike? Who knows? One in ten could have a major failure how well its that addressed? I have not heard bad things about the bikes, I heard good things but only from people selling them or trying to sell them.
    What do you need to be an Orion dealer.just ask? They will ship bikes to you but what about follow up? If you are offering it good for you, but you are in the company of others lots of others, and subjected to all that. The flooded market get discounted, then they fall like leaves off the trees in the fall. The bikes come back into the market and with a greater discount. Joe Orion dealership went belly up, the bank auctions his inventory.
    We do not answer question from customers, only sell bikes to dealers. Do they do inventory reductions? What or how do you sell for less than what you paid for the bikes? Do you think you will grow and prosper, they are pushing and forcing it to collapse. They do not understand the market if it is limited only when it is unlimited.
    Nice product linethe missing exclusivity is that of geographic sales and direct ship to a single entity. That assures that anyone in that area that buys one is your sale and your margin. They do not guarantee that, your neighbor can buy it online and then ask you to service it and they may ask you to honor the warranty promised by an LLC in California? You say billable time and the customer feels it all bull shit and you will field it and Orion will avoid it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast