Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: KINLON SM200 TYRE OPTIONS 
    Quote Originally Posted by WillsSM View Post
    Well, had the Kenda's fitted today. Only had time for a short ride on the tarmac, initial impressions are good Price was $248 for the pair, plus fitting[I hate changin wheels and tyres]

New rubber is noticeably larger in diameter from the road tyres, has altered the final gearing by about the same as 1.5 teeth smaller rear sprocket based ob how the engine feels. A good thing IMHO as I thought the bike was undergeared, revvings it tits off at 80 km/h. Steering much lighter, though still needing a firm push on the 'bars to intiate countersteering. Feels like my TDM

Might get a chance to hit some dirt roads on the weekend, will see how it goes! I'm running 28 psi front and rear on the bitumen, probably drop them to 20 psi on the dirt, and see how it feels.

Hey Marty, did your bike come with any sort of tool kit? Mine didn't
    It was used, after all
    Thanks for the info on the tyres Will, let me know how you go on dirt. My stock tyres can't hold their pressure which is really annoying so I am thinking about a new set. But I am in no rush.

My bike did come with a tool kit, but there is nothing special in there... also I am pretty sure the tools are made out of play-doh. It is the first set of tools I've had where the bolt can shred the screw driver and not the other way around.

Needless to say I don't use them anymore.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

2. #12 Re: KINLON SM200 TYRE OPTIONS 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well, still haven't had the Kinlon offroad with the new dual purpose rubber but here's a pic
    I fitted some bigger alloy pegs to suit my size eleven hoof as well
    Attached Images
    Cheers Will.
    2007 Kinlon SM200
    2007 Yamaha TDM900

3. #13 Re: KINLON SM200 TYRE OPTIONS 
    HELL YEAH! Those tires looks sweet and toothy! Like to know how these tries on 17" rims handle off road.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #14 Re: KINLON SM200 TYRE OPTIONS 
    Quote Originally Posted by WillsSM View Post
    Well, still haven't had the Kinlon offroad with the new dual purpose rubber but here's a pic
    I fitted some bigger alloy pegs to suit my size eleven hoof as well
    Nice looking bike. Is that the stock headlight? It looks like an Acerbis.

Before you take it off-road, you might want to try to tuck that front brake line in. It looks like it might get snagged on something very easily. Is there a way to get it behind the fork guard?
    Last edited by david3921; 10-18-2009 at 05:15 AM.

5. #15 Re: KINLON SM200 TYRE OPTIONS 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    Nice looking bike. Is that the stock headlight? It looks like an Acerbis.

Before you take it off-road, you might want to try to tuck that front brake line in. It looks like it might get snagged on something very easily. Is there a way to get it behind the fork guard?
    Yeah David 3921, I have some stainless steel 'P' clips that I'll fix to the leg protector to try and tuck the line in. I don't think the ine is easily reversed.

The headlight unit is stock, but probably different to the Chinese market ones to get past our sometime draconian ADR laws. I thought about replacing it with a twin lamp halogen unit, but I'll wait and see if I break it first
    Cheers Will.
    2007 Kinlon SM200
    2007 Yamaha TDM900

6. #16 Re: KINLON SM200 TYRE OPTIONS 
    hi will, bike looks awesome i got mine brand new at start of December and am slowly slowly doing mods
    i was wondering about your indicators, are they led? and if so did you have any problems changing them?
    i have some for my bike but have only fitted the rear ones as when i connect the front they all blink together like hazards
    as you can see in this old photo, i changed the position of rear indicators as well
    Photo0147.jpg
    Last edited by stromnes; 01-10-2010 at 12:59 AM.

7. #17 Re: KINLON SM200 TYRE OPTIONS 
    C-Moto Noob
    it makes only 10 hp and only can do 110 kph , uses bigger tyre then 125cc GP bike that makes 50 hp ?

thats why these bikes are so slow because that wheel and tyre weights a ton , rolling resistance of a tank , ,customer think biger is better ,if they fit skinny light tyres they will not buy them

wheel weight ruin suspension action because shock has to rebound a ton of crap , it also harder to stop

to me rear tyre on that should be 2.50 inch wide ,i suggest BT39 2.50 -17 , i can touch the footpegs and thats only 70mm wide , now go fit 130 or whatever ..

8. #18 Re: KINLON SM200 TYRE OPTIONS 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by stromnes View Post
    hi will, bike looks awesome i got mine brand new at start of December and am slowly slowly doing mods
    i was wondering about your indicators, are they led? and if so did you have any problems changing them?
    i have some for my bike but have only fitted the rear ones as when i connect the front they all blink together like hazards
    as you can see in this old photo, i changed the position of rear indicators as well
    Photo0147.jpg
    Hi stromnes, nah-the indicators are not LED's, just a set of $20 aftermarket cheapies! I've had the bike over six months now and still it has only travelled 600 or so kilometres! I don't get out much after the injuries and stroke before Christmas...............:-(
    On another note, the OEM battery died on my way to Sydney's toy run in December-a strange loss of power first then noticed the indicators would only blink at idle or just above, once engine was revving a bit they went off all together! decided I should give the toy run a miss and head for home with my tail between my legs, the engine got to the point where it wouldn't run at anything less than half throttle, even hen stopped and waiting for a green light, not good for basically a new engine! Made it home, tried to get a battery the same size locally, ended up getting one from a local Battery World store that is fractionally deeper than the OEM on but still fitted into the carrier OK. At least it won't rattle! Electrical system now back to normal :-)

I've also decided to bin the badly jetted[read lean]OEM CV carb and fit an OKO flatslide, I'm a incessant tinkerer and as I'm off work at present after the strock it'll give me something to occupy myself.

On the issue of tyres, the Kenda's are good on dirt-just a little skatey on really loose pebbles but that's probably due to their width. I would have preffered narrower rubber but because of the wide rims fitted my choices were very limited as an answer to IPX's comments. I'll post here again when the carb thing is sorted and let you guys know how it goes.
    Cheers Will.
    2007 Kinlon SM200
    2007 Yamaha TDM900

9. #19 Re: KINLON SM200 TYRE OPTIONS 
    hi everybody!

i hope you don't get mad but i don't want to open new thread for this...
    can somebody suggest me a good city/street tire for Qingqi QM200GY?! could i fit 140/70x17 on rear wheel?!

10. #20 Re: KINLON SM200 TYRE OPTIONS 
    Probably best you start a new thread in case Qinqqi owners don't read this thread! Some Qinqqi owners on here that may help you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12