Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Paragliding anyone? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Ni hao,
    I wanted to buy a motorbike, but I don't have enough money for that now. So i dropped the idea for now.
    But, I went paragliding last week!! I thought it would be more scary, but actually a roller coaster ride is much more scary. I met a Canadian instructor, found him from GoKunming.com.
    Did you know you can get drunk on adrenaline? Well i found that first hand. Ok, so this beats owning a motorcycle, for now at least....

2. #2 Re: Paragliding anyone? 
    I've always wanted to paraglide. Hanggliding would be cool too. Got pics? How much did it cost?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: Paragliding anyone? 
    Master of Thump
    It is was very fun yes , cool , and exciting , but taking a corner at 100 miles per hour on my Norton beats hang gliding or para gliding any day
    Thats adrenaline
    Better than any "E" ticket ride at Disney Land man
    Get a BIKE , quit spending money on a buzz and get a bike man
    Motorcylces are a pereptual smile on your face , WORD !

Snortin Norton

4. #4 Re: Paragliding anyone? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Sorry, been busy lately, flying! I flew solo first time yesterday, and landed in a corn field.
    Cost? I payed 300 rmb for the tandem flight, plus gas to get to the flying site. Training is cheaper, but you should fly tandem first time at least to get the feeling. Yunnan is the perfect place for this kind of sport. Flying season will last till November, and start again as early as February.
    Pics?
    Hi Snortin Norton; Street racing? In any other country, i would not comment, but in China? I mean no disrespect, but driving like that in China is just plain stupid. You want to be brave, go bungee jump 233 meters from Macau Sky Tower, that's the highest commercial bungee in the world.
    Motorcycle in China, means freedom to explore, and its a very nice country to explore. Just my opinion anyway.
    Good luck, hope you won't hurt anyone or yourself driving like that.
    Last edited by slabo; 10-21-2009 at 04:11 AM.

5. #5 Re: Paragliding anyone? 
    Master of Thump
    Who said anything about Street Racing Slobbo ?
    I dont race on the street , the USA has tracks man if you want to get real anyway , then lets pump the speed up to 140 , hee hee hee .
    At least our roads are paved good . 100 MPH , heck man I do that from one stop light to the next in less than a 1/4 mile
    You really don't know anything about bikes do ya ? Dude , our highway speeds are mostly 70 MPH on the Interstae , 100 MPH aint crap , crack the throttle for two seconds if that at 70 MPH , yeehaaa
    I hope all your cables and line are made in the USA or your gonna fall out of the sky man ! IF your equiptment is anything like thier chains , you'll die for sure ...It aint the fall anyway , its the sudden stop that gets ya .

Cheers, now buy a bike !

Snortin Norton

6. #6 Re: Paragliding anyone? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    track racing ... too expensive for me. many roads are paved in China, but also many drive very stupidly.

7. #7 Re: Paragliding anyone? 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    track racing ... too expensive for me. many roads are paved in China, but also many drive very stupidly.
    ---------

Oh yes , they are stupid here too Slabo , no doubt, stupid is everywhere , tis a breed of people
    Ummm , tracks here can be rented by the LAP , you don't need a race bike to ride our tracks , just a bike , any bike , moped , whatever , laps are the same cost .
    Every few months S.I.R has a special event race for Vintage bikes , like my Norton . If you pay the $$$$$ to race the race you can take as many laps as practice you so desire and not even race in the race if you don't like to race . Great way to get real cheap lap time , plus no Pot-Holes or cattle and no Stupid drivers

Norton

8. #8 Re: Paragliding anyone? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    So you still think its more exiting than flying? You should try doing a spiral... its difficult to explain, i am sure youtube can help there. You can get upto 4 Gs, safely that is, while flying. But understand every flight is different, another part of the excitement. Have a look at "Birdman of Karakoram" .
    Motorcycles are not allowed in the city i live in China, for now at least, so I'm holding on to my money for now.

9. #9 Re: Paragliding anyone? 
    Embedded... Gotta love the Karakorams! Those are some wicked mountains!

---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com