Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. #61 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I bought my bike used, as I said in an earlier post. Other than it taking HOURS to do five minutes worth of work, it was no hassle to put it in my name. All they wanted was my Passport so they could have the number. My passport will be good much longer than this bike will be around, I'm sure. Things like visa numbers, Resident Permit numbers are not/no longer part of the equation.

2. #62 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    Things like visa numbers, Resident Permit numbers are not/no longer part of the equation
    That's great news, I hope this is the same in every other province now, not just Sichuan.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

3. #63 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    Yes, that is truly fantastic news, I'm sure it only applies in the exact building you went to, but at least I know I can just fly to Chengdu and buy my bikes from now on. Honestly, the airfare will be cheaper than all the gas and tolls I pay shuffling around Guangdong. And only five hours... nothing compared to the five months it took down here.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #64 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The one caveat may be...I bought a USED bike. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not...

5. #65 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have a 250 CC Regal Raptor in China Red. I bought it in Shiyan for 9,000 RMB after bargaining the asking price of 10.800. As for power I feel it is adequate but of course we always want more. My impression of the bike is good but I feel vibration is a problem. Maybe because I had a 4 cylinder, 1,000 cc Kawasaki in the states is the reason I notice this. During winter and even on cold days so far this Spring I find it to be somewhat hard starting. Choking does not seem to do much and once it finally starts I must sit a few minutes at a very low idle waiting for the engine to get warmer. The transmission seems to not be so smooth in that engaging first gear takes some "if it don't go force it" action on my part. Tires seems slippery too as on few occasions I have had to hard break and did not find much traction in stopping suddenly. I kept upright but my heart and throat wanted to get together. Riding in China is a challenge I will say. I have logged almost 3,000 km on my bike and it is a looker. The Chinese often check me and my bike out with the always asked question, "How much did you pay?". Eye appeal is not a big issue to many here but for me I wanted this. I find it a bit bulky to handle in some situations around the city but I take my time and don't hotdog, well maybe once in awhile. In China being aware of your surroundings is vital. I tell people to expect the unexpected because you can expect the unexpected. Seems good advice but sometimes I forget. I wear a full face helmet, safe jacket and also have leg protection but only wear that on long trips.

I read where someone is trying to get their license here and I would like to find the site that offers this. Can someone list the website for me to enable me to get a license? I have asked around but with the language problem I have not gotten the answers I need. I have not had a problem but am concerned about being stopped at some point and being fined or whatever happens when you don't have a license. I do have insurance so I have that covered though not sure exactly what having insurance here means.

Overall my bike is good and I like it. I think it will be a reliable bike so aside from the hard starting issue, I think it is a good value.

6. #66 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    I feel vibration is a problem.
    Check tightness of all bolts, especially on exhaust system, especially header bolts.

Choking does not seem to do much and once it finally starts I must sit a few minutes at a very low idle waiting for the engine to get warmer.
    Have a mechanic look at the cable that connects to the carb from the choke, it probably isn't connected properly (mine also had this problem).

I read where someone is trying to get their license here and I would like to find the site that offers this. Can someone list the website for me to enable me to get a license?
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...e-License-Blog

7. #67 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    Quote Originally Posted by LH1953 View Post
    I think the Spyder, Barhog, and Daytone share some of the same frame characteristics. However, the neck rack of the frame is not the same. The frame neck rake of the Spyder is 37 degrees, the raked triple trees add another 5 degrees. The Barhog frame neck rake is 36 degrees and the Daytona frame neck rake is 38 degrees.
    This is very interesting. I could not get this information from any where even from the mechanic/technicians at the Malaysian Regal raptor assembly plant. Firstly, can I know where you got this information and secondly a clarification: Is the 36/37/38 degree neck frame as you say it or Daytona/Bobber(barhog)/Spyder because it looks as if the Spyder is the most raked?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567