Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    Adicto A Las Motocicletas Caferacer's Avatar
    Thanks! , exactly what I need it to know

so..do you think a front end swap will it go ? like the daytona's forks-trees to the spyder frame
    and Daytona's rear fender to the spyder ..I'll swap the tank also.

I read the rear shocks are adjustable (will compensate the front end going low?)

The spyder is way more popular being in production for some time now, easier to pickup a used specimen against the daytona, too new! , found only 1 dealer around here, and they are asking for a not so holy price.

I'll defo go for spoke wheel perhaps if possible.

Have you checked the KIKKER 5150, Hardknock bobbers ?
    Its a chinese engine into a rigid frame, something like the Leonart Bobber (RR in Spain) or the JPM (RR in USA) but single cylinder 200cc , and more low tech.(I really like the 2 exaust system of the RR! , its like a "Triumph Bonneville America mini-me" . (I always liked the old chopped Triumph's 350)
    Didn't find anybody selling this kit (
    KIKKER 5150) around so importing from the USA will put the costs up and it may not be "budget" anymore.

In the other Hand I remember riding a friends rigid and I'm not sure is suitable for the SA roads. Will need to have the tyre pressure very low and a 200cc sounds small for this matter.

Anyway looks like the RR project makes more sense and perhaps more fun in the project.

I love the research part. LOL !

Thanks again for your Review and the extra info , !

Again, great forum!

shadow-obber_08.jpgMy EX- Old Bobbed Shadow (Vlx 600)(WIP, couldn't find a pic of it finished :(

2. #52 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The easy way to go would be use the Daytona triple trees and then buy shorter fork tubes from a local shop. Using the Daytona trees would get rid of 5 degrees of rake and then it would be a matter of measuring for the shorter fork tubes. You could buy the fork tubes from the Barhog and use them if measuring get to be a problem. The rear fender from the Daytona will mount correctly on the Spyder. You'll need to use not only the fender but the support struts as well.

I wouldn't bet my house, but I would bet that all the tanks mount the same; just from a engineering/production standpoint of ease. I could be wrong (That is why I keeping my house!) And even if I am wrong, then the modifications to make it fit would be pretty simple.

3. #53 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi. So, South Africa, eh? Cool.

Anyways, maybe I can chime in, being a Honda Rebel owner here in China.

First, interesting about the Honda Steed. I am guessing that your 350 is not going to be that much less powerful. A steed runs about 30 hp and a stock Rebel is about 19 hp from 233 cc's. I am guessing that the 350 version of the engine will be not that much less than a steed.

Ok. I will be interested to see what you will do with a RR. One place to go for ideas might be Honda Rebel forums.

http://hondarebelforum.com/

http://www.rebel250.com/rebelforum/index.php

Some of the guys have done some cool stuff.

4. #54 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Senior
    I am bored so here's another one.

5. #55 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    Adicto A Las Motocicletas Caferacer's Avatar
    Hi iamcanjim,

You are right, if I remember correctly my Old VLX 94' use to claim 28 HP with above 250Kg and I think I read somewhere the RR 350 is about 24 HP and certainly has to be lighter, in the same subject I'm a small guy I weight about 60/65Kg.
    I use to cruise about 80 Km/h easily and from 110/120 the bike was difficult keep holding it, I mean... me get hold of the bike before the wind blow me away LOL!.
    Not sure if the 350 engine will be so pleasant to cruise as the Honda Vtwin.

But is super interesting what LH1953 said about the hidden power in that motor, kind of make sense, I wonder if is not there already a sort of "Power Kit" for the 350.

Regarding the details you've mentioned LH1953 , I think you are right again so I started to think about the "Frankenstein" project like this

RR Spyder will be the canvas
    with the Barhog sportster inspired petrol tank
    the upside down forks from the Daytona , but please not in Golden
    I think a 21' Spoked wheel in the front will be nice
    Again the rear fender from the Daytona looks the best
    And the good part will be no need to fabricate anything, kind of missing the fun perhaps
    ...but cheaper and faster than my previous project

I can't do the same I did to the Shadow now, I have now no access to the tools and friends I use to when I was in Argentina and To be honest, The Leonart Daytona 350 is pretty much what I'll do,(spoke Wheels and Black forks) and stripped it down from any "non essential feature" :)
    and the other collest thing I can think about would be rigid frame but I'm not sure if my back will resist that.

6. #56 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    i have been to a "RAPTOR" dealer today and found one of their "Spyders" in the showroom ...

they told me it was a 300 Sypder and the difference between the 300 and 350 is the exhaust which is straight at the 350 bike

so far my impression was quiet good and i plan to visit LIFENG in a couple of weeks just so see for their other models. so far the BARHOG or BOBBER would be one of my favs for getting a new bike here in China ...

i will keep u updated when i'm back from their factory

7. #57 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Then you have been lied to or you were speaking to an idiot. The difference between the 300 and the 350 is 50cc. The 300 is 270cc and the 350 is 320cc. The up swept pipes are an option.

Please get lots of pics at the factory. I would love to see the them!

8. #58 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    Quote Originally Posted by LH1953 View Post
    Then you have been lied to or you were speaking to an idiot. The difference between the 300 and the 350 is 50cc. The 300 is 270cc and the 350 is 320cc. The up swept pipes are an option.

Please get lots of pics at the factory. I would love to see the them!
    actually it was a lady to explain ...

i already known from the forum that the 300 ccm resp. the 350 engine is not the actual size of the engine

hope i will have the opportunity to take some pics! will keep you updated

9. #59 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey LH,

Name's James. I work and live in Chenhgdu for 18 months now. I went looking for a bike today in Chongzhou (about an hour west). I used to ride a honda 750 Nighthawk (long time ago) and I really don't want to get a 150. One place I went turned me on to Regal Raptors. She indicated that they had 250cc but not 350. Sure could use some advice if you could spare any. She said I should check out a local regal raptor riding club and I could check out their bikes... otherwise, if I want one of their bikes, I should pay up-front and take delivery of a bike sight-unseen - sure hope you are still active on this forum.

RSVP - or call me, if you please - 86--13880227632

Best regards!

James

Quote Originally Posted by LH1953 View Post
    This is pretty cool for a baby chopper....

I found this today at a local dealer (Jin Mau) in Chengdu. I went looking for this specifically.

Its looks well-made. The parts that should be billet are billet, The parts that should be cast as cast. The chrome plating looks nice; no pits. really good welds. Some of the best I have ever seen. Paint and anodizing are really good. I couldn't find a single flaw on the one on the showroom floor

It is a heavy bike. The rear tire is very big for the size bike. So, is the front tire. It seems like I was picking up a much bigger bike when I stood it up off the stand.

I am going to bet that won't be mistaken for a rocket ship. That little motor may be plenty once it is up to speed, but I don't think it going to break any records getting there. I don't know. I haven't ridden one yet.

If you can't read the specs in the pic, here they are:

2500mm x 900mm x 1160 mm
    Double cylinder water cooled
    Bore 62mm x Stroke 53mm
    C/R 10.2:1
    320cc
    Power - 15.5 KW/ 20.8 HP @8000 Rpm
    Torque - 22.0 @6500 Rpm
    Wheel base 1835mm
    Max Load 150kg
    Max. Speed 118km/h (75 MPH)

Quoted price 23,000 RMB (3,367.50 USD) I didn't bargain. I just asked. I'm sure I could get them down to about 18,000 RMB, perhaps even lower.

I have a lot more to research before buying. Parts availability, warranty details, license fees, drivers license, check out other bikes, a look into the financial stability of the mfg's, etc, etc.

Anyone that has anything to say about this bike/model/mfg should feel free to chime in...at this point, when it comes to knowing anything about Chinese made bikes...I am a complete idiot!

All input is welcome!

Anyway, here's a couple pics...

10. #60 Re: Regal Raptor DG-350E-6 
    if I want one of their bikes, I should pay up-front and take delivery of a bike sight-unseen
    Never do this in China. What will probably happen is you'll end up with an unregistered bike, as the company will have no incentive to register it for you. Instead pay a deposit of 500RMB, and then tell them that you will pay the rest when a fully registered road legal and prepared bike of your choice is ready, you can register it in your name if you ar a resident (hassle) or register it in the name of a Chinese friend using their ID card (easy).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast