Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hello Everyone

1. #1 Hello Everyone 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello all,

New to the forum, and just wanted to do a introduction. I'm a North Carolina native, and a Marine (currently in Afghanistan). I've done tons of research through this forum concerning the D250 model bikes, most specifically the RTB/RTC. I'm excited to say that in about a day I'll be purchasing a RTB from Chad at extremescooters.biz, and having it shipped home to wait for my return. The vast wealth of knowledge I found on this site gave me confidence in buying one, admittedly I was a little shaky on if the quality of either China bikes would be good for daily use. I'm an experienced mechanic, having worked on everything from air-cooled VW's,supercharged 6-cylinders and small-blocks, to imports and Honda bikes, so I'm sure the D250RTB will be a great bike to customize and cut my teeth on the world of hardtail bobbers!

Thanks for allowing me to join this community, and for providing such a wealth of knowledge to others on these bikes, I look forward to posting pics of mine start to finish, after returning from my year long pump.

-Rob-

2. #2 Re: Hello Everyone 
    C-Moto Senior
    I'll welcome you as a fellow MCM newb, Woody, I'm from Florida myself. I don't know much about your bike but I'm sure you'll put your experience to use.

There's another new member in South Carolina who has just made his first post, you two should look each other up. Maybe you could arrange a "meet halfway" ride.

And of course, thank you for your service. When are you returning?

3. #3 Re: Hello Everyone 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    ETA for return is in about 10 months (year long total), and thanks for the support! I'm pretty excited as my order for a D250RTB has been completed with extremescooters, pending delivery. However, their rep, Chad, asked if it was "o.k. to send a gloss black bike if flat black is out of stock" which basically means I'm getting gloss instead. It's fine by me, since I'll be painting it later anyways. I've got a lot of friends down in S.C. and I planned on making a sort of "lone wolf" ride down there when I return to decompress, so I may have to meet up with this fellow China biker.

Thanks for the kind reply, I'm looking forward to getting to know the members of the community as well. One member actually has the same bike and lives here in N.C. as well, hopefully I can draw on his experience should I run into issues.

4. #4 Re: Hello Everyone 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody87 View Post
    ETA for return is in about 10 months (year long total), and thanks for the support! I'm pretty excited as my order for a D250RTB has been completed with extremescooters, pending delivery. However, their rep, Chad, asked if it was "o.k. to send a gloss black bike if flat black is out of stock" which basically means I'm getting gloss instead. It's fine by me, since I'll be painting it later anyways. I've got a lot of friends down in S.C. and I planned on making a sort of "lone wolf" ride down there when I return to decompress, so I may have to meet up with this fellow China biker.

Thanks for the kind reply, I'm looking forward to getting to know the members of the community as well. One member actually has the same bike and lives here in N.C. as well, hopefully I can draw on his experience should I run into issues.

Hey woody,
    Welcome to the dong fang crowd,lmao!(thats what the df in df250rtb stands for) Never thought I would ever say that one in my life.I got the df250rtb on the way,the guy I got it from was having it shipped to his shop,instead of my address by accident so I have to wait a few more days.It was a rainy day here in the upstate of Sc and I sure would have enjoyed getting her ready in the gargage with the rain dropping and not much else to do.

I also got glass black instead of flat myself but thats why baby jesus made sand paper.

Sometimes I think I am nuts,I am a below the right knee amputee from a motorcycle accident where a guy ran a red light on me about 5 years ago.I have riden since then,but it was a 1400 ninja and was just way to much power,and difficult to ride with my leg.I am putting floor boards on mine so my leg can rest a bit,and maybe switch the controls lower on the frame (mid controls)to make it easier on myself.

Sometimes when I rode since my accident I got a little fear in me about getting on again,but I just love to ride,been riding for about 20 years off and on.I like that saying,do what everyone else does,sh%t your pants and keep going. ;)