Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Mikilon m96 125SB 2008 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I eventually wrote to jt sprockets and got a catalogue from them (they just wanted my address and sent it over). I matched the front sprocketspec and got a 14 tooth. Warning though, the clearance in the sprocket cover is too small to take it and I had to modify the cover. (Read - Hack most of it away). I have not chased the rear sprocket as the ride has changed. I now have more top end but the start from stand grabs as I think the gearing is now to high. Anyway the JT sprockets catalogue has loads of rear sprockets and if you go through that you might be able to match up the rears sprocket. When i get time i will tak a look as well as it may be better to keep the small 12 tooth original front sprocket and get a smaller rear sprocket. At least no need to hack the sprocket cover then. I am currently in the market for a new fron sprocket cover.

2. #22 Re: Mikilon m96 125SB 2008 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi there guys

I have been the owner of a mikilon 125 sb for about 9 months now and the thing is truely awful , i would give you a sit rep but it would take to long for me to type out all of its faults .

The one i am most interested in though it the massive vibration that is coming from the engine , this is so bad that it has vibrated on of my exhaust manifold bolts loose whilst riding and snapped it clean in two , so i have treid to drill and tap it out ( with no joy - all i have now is a sheared bolt and a tap stuck in my engine block )

what i am asking is does anyone know of a place that i can get engine spares from - namely a new head unit so i can get rid of this one with the bolt stuck in it ?

cheers guys for all your help previously ( without you i wouldve gone insane by now )

3. #23 Re: Mikilon m96 125SB 2008 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey da beard, these bikes can be a b***h but got mine to a reasonable runnng state and its ok. Quite like it sometimes but don't know if I can trust it. They do vibrate some, but could be you have the engine mount issue that Damien2010 in this thread helped me with. The top engine mounts crack and the bottom engine mount willl not tighten properly unles you can get some spacers in between the engine and the mount. One test is once you have got the spacers ion and tightened the engine mount, test the chain tension. If the engine moves at all then the engine mount is not holding the motor in place. I had this and the motor threatens to shake itself to bits.

Dont know how you can get the tap out of the head but a machine shop might be able to get it out for you.

4. #24 Re: Mikilon m96 125SB 2008 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys, sorry to jump into your thread but im looking to buy one of these bikes as they look cool and are cheap.

Im going to buy mine assembled tho not in a crate but i will still check it all over.

If i was to loctite everything and sort out the problems that you've all been having, the bike should be plesant aslong as i keep ontop of it. My dads a mechanic so he dont mind getting his hands dirty also im good at mechanics myself so i would do most of the work myself.

5. #25 Re: Mikilon m96 125SB 2008 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    And now the sorry end to the saga. Just got most of the bike working except kept blowing headlight bulbs. Rear brake master cylinder leaking so regular top ups and bleeding. Aligning the rear wheel a pain i the arse. Never got rid of the horrible vibration even after fixing the engine mount problem. But now the finale, bike was stolen from outside my place of work. Hardly difficult I guess as the steering locks are very primitive. Never thought the theives would bother so there's a warning for everyone.

Quite annoying after so much work and I did like the look and sound of the bike. I gave in and "sold out" getting myself a used honda xr125 for reliable work transport, but still want to try a Chinese motard project again. looking at the zennco 125 but so far cannot see an in crate on for sale in UK.

Allee Oop!

6. #26 Re: Mikilon m96 125SB 2008 
    Shit what a disheartening end to the story. Sorry for your misfortune....

7. #27 Re: Mikilon m96 125SB 2008 
    C-Moto Noob
    $(KGrHqZHJD!E8fVUW9UtBPMqVPGb9w~~_12[1].jpg Hi people i'v posted this ad as i have just bought a mikilon 125sb m96 well i think that is what its called :o an there are some parts i really need i.e full set of plastics but just cant seem to find them anywere at all i'v taken the bike on as a project and would really like to get it back on the road is there anyone who can help me by pointing me in the right direction or have any phone number that i can call to get them ordered i have ran out of ideas and have almost givin up on the bike because i am that stuck i will try an ad a pic of the bike if i can if not i hope you can HELP me thanks i hope to hear from you soon. Gaz

8. #28 Re: Mikilon m96 125SB 2008 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi gaz, did you or anybody else find where you can get the set of plastics from, im looking into get some and a few other part as i have a 125 aswell, if someone could reply id be grateful. Thanks

9. #29 Re: Mikilon m96 125SB 2008 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by DJCW View Post
    Sorry that was a typo. I do need the Tyre pressures. See pic of the bike:
    DCJW- i have just brought one of these, turning out to be the biggest mistake ive ever made, could not find an insurance company that even knew what the bike was, now i need spares but cant seem to find any. on my logbook it says its a mikilon M96-125 SB. even typing that into Google isnt helping. is that the correct name or have they just called it what they felt like calling it? any help on where to get spares from would be helpful. need front suspension and rear dampener.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123