Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Huoniao Owners Club 
    There is a new Huoniao Owners Club (http://www.huoniao-owners.co.uk/). Although the web site is still under construction, large parts of it are operational and you can register etc.
    Aimed specially at the growing numbers of owners of Huoniao/Hoatian HN125-8 and simliar clones such as Lexmoto Vixen. A useful place to import tips from into this forum!
    '09 Huoniao (Firebird) HN125-8 motorcycle [eBay bike-in-a-box]
    Aprilia SR50 LC Racing scoot

2. #2 Re: Huoniao Owners Club 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Hello David and welcome to the forum.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

3. #3 Re: Huoniao Owners Club 
    David did you know your bike's name means 'Fire Bird' in Chinese? 'Haotian' means 'good day'

Cool site you've made there, how many miles have you done on your bike and how reliable do you think it is?

Also are you going to stick with 125cc Chinese bikes or get a bigger bike in the future?
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

4. #4 Re: Huoniao Owners Club 
    Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Hello David and welcome to the forum.
    Hi amigo! ... good to be aboard. I've missed you and so has the good Roger!.

5. #5 Re: Huoniao Owners Club 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    (1) David did you know your bike's name means 'Fire Bird' in Chinese? 'Haotian' means 'good day'

(2) Cool site you've made there, how many miles have you done on your bike and how reliable do you think it is?

(3) Also are you going to stick with 125cc Chinese bikes or get a bigger bike in the future?

(1) I knew about Firebird but I'd read Haotian meant Bold Sky....and that Holywood movie star Simona Yam promoted Huoniao.

(2) Not my site (unfortunately!) but I hope it takes off - the two guys that run it are steelfabricators sponsered by ChinaChoppers.co.uk who also sponser the Jinlun Owners Club. On the road since 21 Aug 09 and so less than 600km, but I only go out when its sunny. No probs so far, but I diligently maintain it. For £599 in-a-box, it's incredible value even if twice the price. Visible quality is amazing and a great ride. Huoniao and Hoatian are in the top 10 quality league with Wuyang-Honda, Jongshen and Lifan. I've fitted front crash bars from Jinlun 125-11 and rear bars from a Honda CM200T. Looks brill...just like a Hardley-Davidson.

(3) Taking Direct Access next year (I find a 500 easier to ride) and then a Harley. Doubt if I would sell my Huoniao as I've got attached like a man to his shed! For the same reason I've kept a 50cc Aprilia scooter.
    Last edited by davidqc; 10-30-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: corrections and addition

6. #6 Re: Huoniao Owners Club 
    The nature of Chinese script is that say and sky are the same character! So you can choose how to translate a lot of things into English.

OK you want a Harley in the future? I prefer sports and road bikes, but I do like the look of the matt black 883 sportster.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

7. #7 Re: Huoniao Owners Club 
    That's the trouble with translation, I'm told that it's only as good as the translator.
    The fmcc ste is most interesting...especially that the Chinese can't understand folk buying bikes for pleasure as they are for peasants (just like me, what). You must be the teacher who's students think is trying to be a peasant?...ah well it could have been worse.
    On the subject of racing bikes, they have no appeal to me at all. Nice to look at mind. I'm just just a plodder even in a car. Always have been.
    I spent a few hours in Stratstone Harley-Davidson in Birmingham UK last weekend - some stunning stuff new and used - all that shine and chrome only the Yanks could have built..wow! They had 8 or 9 demonstrators but alas I'm on L-plates.
    Matt black seems to be the new cool, just like Chinese bikes, and I've seen a few in that livery - Ducati, Pioneer, Jinlun and a Fat Boy Screaming Eagle with slashcuts (sounded like a US Tomcat on afterburners).

8. #8 Re: Huoniao Owners Club 
    David,

Welcome to MCM! Where in jolly ol' England are u? You got any pics of you and/or your Firebird?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

9. #9 Re: Huoniao Owners Club 
    Hi Carl,

Thanks for saying Hi. I don't live in England. I moved over ten years ago to a remote in-the-sticks coastal village in Snowdonia National Park in North Wales seeking asylum from England.

I tried most of yesterday morning to upload pics into an album without success - despite following instructions and having file sizes below the specified limits. Heck, it even drove me to drink. Must have been a lot of other folk with the same problem as the pub was nearly full, what. I won't stop trying. But my pics won't be a tad on yours. Nice. Very nice.
    A cool forum too.