Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New member from France / Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob French_Rider's Avatar
    Hi all,

This seems to be a nice website, I haven't check it all already but still recognized a few familiar faces in the "trip reports" section

I live in Beijing for two years and a half and used to ride fake R9 scooters at first (made me walk a lot); after the second one was ceased by the police ahead of the games, I got my chinese license and bought a Suzuki 250 (the WJ250E-A, a cruiser assembled in China by Wonjan).

suzuki 250 Jing A_réduite.jpg

It's not much but it's a very reliable bike, drove it all winter last year without any problem. It also has a genuine 京A plate valid until 2019, which is pretty convenient as I live near Tian'anmen.

I have ridden a lot around Beijing and in Hebei, but no farther away. Still, when I am traveling, I like to rent a bike from the locals (usually harder to find something above 150cc) and have fun cruisin around

bike_karakul.jpg

2. #2 Re: New member from France / Beijing 
    FR,

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you've got yourself one of the Zuki 250 derivative cruisers. You can click some major kilometers on one of those!

We've got a WHOLE BUNCH of riders on here in Beijing. They just had a meeting with some 50 people showing up. Contact Chinabiker for more info if you don't already know him.
    I see you've done part of the Karakoram Highway since that's Muztag Mountain behind you! How far did you get on that road? Which parts of China have you ridden?

Also, pics are very welcome.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: New member from France / Beijing 
    Welcome to this place and the BJ rider's community.

Quote Originally Posted by French_Rider View Post
    This seems to be a nice website, I haven't check it all already but still recognized a few familiar faces in the "trip reports" section
    Who do these faces belong to Did we run into each other before

Quote Originally Posted by French_Rider View Post
    I have ridden a lot around Beijing and in Hebei, but no farther away. Still, when I am traveling, I like to rent a bike from the locals (usually harder to find something above 150cc) and have fun cruisin around
    Drop me your e-mail add and mobile phone no by PM and we'll keep you updated about riding (incl renting bikes) and biker gatherings.
    Andy

4. #4 Re: New member from France / Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob French_Rider's Avatar
    Hi

Thanks for the hearty welcome

To answer Crazy Carl, I didn't really ride the highway but just had some fun riding the tracks around the lake Karakul, slaloming between yaks in this incredibly beautiful environment... I was traveling with some people in Xinjiang just ahead of the national day, we were using public transportation mainly, I just rented the bike of a local Kyrgyz boy whose yurt we were staying at.

Chinabiker, I will get in touch for sure, and to answer your question, I am friend with Yves and Cira who were driving their blue BMW side-car in Shandong. I also met Jim once who was very friendly and gave me a lof of good tips for when I'll have the money to buy a good side-car and ride it back to France

Cheers guys