Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hi from New Brunswick CANADA! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi folks I just got a KONKER KSM-200 MOTARD for the daughter [ I had a lifan gy-200 enduro ] to ride next season when she gets her bike course.Seems to be a good little bike as it has a SUZUKI DR-200 motor and the QLINK SM-200 [ USA ]is basically the same bike. Anyone have any experience with the bike? How about mods like exhaust/carb/ignition etc.? thanks!

2. #2 Re: Hi from New Brunswick CANADA! 
    Bubba,

Hello and welcome to the community! There are MANY threads on improving the Konker, QLINK, QingQi, Sundown (all the same) on MCM. Also, more than a couple of us have spent extended amounts of time on the QingQi/Qlink/Konker bikes and can attest for their all round reliability. They should be an excellent and fun learning bike... not to mention good fun on the trails with enduro wheels mounted.

Using the "Search" feature using "Qlink" or "QingQi" is a good place to start. We've got everything from illustrated valve adjustments (thanks to ChinaV) to exhaust mods (thanks to Forchetto and others).

Browse around if you can't find it, please ask.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: Hi from New Brunswick CANADA! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Crazy Carl thanx for the welcome. I picked up the KONKER KSM 200 MOTARD [ black the faster colour ] yesterday from [ www.minimotors.com ] and rode it home 70 kms in 15 c . Not a bad temp for Canada this time of year. For what it is it seems to be a great little bike good handeling/brakes/suspension/instruments. The seat is a bit hard though.I will definately do a sprocket swap to gain a bit more top end.This will be a great bike for the daughter when she gets her bike course in the spring and for me to run up to the beer store on the trail . cheers!

4. #4 Re: Hi from New Brunswick CANADA! 
    Bubba, here's a long thread from supermotojunkie about the Qlink XF200. If you track down member 'volksjagger' from the threads (he used to contribute here, too) he has an ongoing blog about his XF, and the modifications he has done to his over the last year and a half or so.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...ighlight=qlink

ok, here is his blog, but I don't think he has updated it since July '09. However, there are many upgrades he has done to his which you can use on your daughter's (you know you'll use it more than her, ) bike.

http://xf200qlinksupermoto.blogspot....-1207983600000

Member Forchetto is our resident expert on these Qingqi-sourced bikes--find his threads, too--they will be well worth the read!!

5. #5 Re: Hi from New Brunswick CANADA! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Great info thanx!