Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Messenger61,

Interesting the kind of reactions you get on the bike and am glad you enjoy it. What drew you to the CFMoto if you don't mind my asking?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I think it was an unusual combination of the following factors:

I had a Cfmoto 125cc scooter before, then a motorbike and missed the (automatic) scooter. The V3 is something in between.

Then I like a "medium amount" of repairing, thinking about technical problems and searching for solutions. Currently I get a little bit more than a "medium amount" of that (with the V3).

And last but not least this thing is unusual and funny (see post above).

C-Moto Guru
    Can you post some pics of it? I'm curious to see it.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by logan View Post
    And CF bought the idea for these bikes ( every chinese dealer knows this )

Greetings from Chengdu

Logan
    Hi Logan,

I had the e-jewel first and now the V3.
    Even considering that the design of the e-jewel is a mixture of other scooters: The design seems to be much better than that of other chinese scooter/MC producers. Did CF do the design or did they also buy?

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    There are some here and some videos. Forget the specs, as usual they're wrong, like it says it's a twin cylinder...
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post

Not mine, but lots of pictures (i have a silver one)

C-Moto Guru
    I'd love to go for a ride on one for a day just to see how it felt. The one I saw in Shanghai was a V5 model. Seemed really cool but we got nasty looks from the owner of the shop when my friend decided to sit on it. I especially loved the speakers for the mp3 player disguised as air vents. The build quality unfortunately did not look too great but perhaps the more recent models have been improved.

8. #18 Re: Motorcycle or Scooter? The best of two worlds? 
    Wow.. very nice rides. Just planning to buy one this year.

9. #19 Re: Motorcycle or Scooter? The best of two worlds? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by messenger61 View Post
    The power is about 10kW / 15 Hp, that's about 110 km/h or 72 mph max speed (not on hills). The engine and the swingarm are one part (exactly as on the Helix, only a little bit longer)
    It is a nice bike when it works. Be prepared to invest in parts and time if you want to keep it working. Not exactly the everyday commuter bike (then you are better of with a helix).
    I had one of these CFMoto 250F VIP (Honda helix clone). It was an export model so cost a premium compared with the same model for sale to the domestic market. I ordered through one of the local bike shops that I have dealt with for scooters, and specifically requested the export model direct from the manufacturer rather than taking one of the aforesaid models they had in stock. My bike cost around 25-30% more than the same domestic only model. I received a call from the dealer several days later when the new scoot had arrived. Which was still in the unopened crate when I arrived at the dealership. I had the bike for more than 2 years and serviced it regularly, and covered some 40k km's with some of the rides lasting 16 hours with little stops. I've since sold the bike to make way for another purchase in the near future.
    In summary... I luved the ride, even though it has a long wheel base etc. it was a fun and comfortable ride, and while not the most attractive of bikes on the road, I found it be bloody functional and well suited to what China generall has to offer. It had plenty of torque and even held its own when I'd sometime ride it with my big bore mates, or a couple of times when myself and a male foreign mate would ride it (combined weight of 180-190kg plus the bike) and it felt as though it was only riding with me on it. As for the comment about reliability, I never had any issues, but I am aware that there is another lesser brand around that has the same Honda helix clone, though it is far cheaper and basically doesn't have the same quality, which the dealer I bought my CFMoto from also had in stock.
    If anyone is interested, I'd say give the CFMoto more than just a look, you may be pleasantly surprised as I was. It also converted me to scooters as well, which is why I'd like to get a legal/legit TMax500 with ABS here in PRC.

10. #20 Re: Motorcycle or Scooter? The best of two worlds? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi,
    nice to see that this thread is holding up...

I still have my V3, and urgently need spare parts.
    Is there anybody able (and willing) to sell/send parts directly from China?
    Maybe someone from Cfmoto is reading this forum and can give me some hints/advice ...

(and yes: I also think that Cfmoto's overall quality is way above average. But even a very small number of bad parts can seriously spoil the fun on a vehicle).

Greetings from Germany

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast