Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Advice/Experiences on Jialing JH150E 
    Hello everyone,

Im a newbie on this site and got here by searching on the Inet trying to get some info on my first motorcycle that I just bought, the Jialing JH150E, also know here as Jialing Reive. This is a small "cruiser" motorcycle that was available in my country (Costa Rica in Central America) with good dealer support and I decided I needed to start small on motorcycles, and then grow as I see fit.

I would like to know from some of you "veterans" of chinese motorcycles.... What did I get? Is this a good starter bike? Not so good in your experience? Any special cares that I should have with it? Anything.

Thank you in advance for your advice and comments.

Otto

2. #2 Re: Advice/Experiences on Jialing JH150E 
    Welcome to the site Otto, I don't know much about the Chinese cruisers, but if it brings a smile to your face, it's a good bike .

Post a few pictures so we can see your ride.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: Advice/Experiences on Jialing JH150E 
    C-Moto Senior
    You guys are going to get sick of me for saying this, but it's a Honda CMX125 Rebel frame. Assuming it's a twin cylinder, it's a CMX125 engine bored out slightly. Seems like everytime someone brings out a new cruiser I kill the joy by saying it's a Honda CMX copy or a Suzuki GZ copy. Most of them are one or the other. Actually, there are also Chinese Honda Magna 250 copies out there.

Jialing copies of Honda's seem to have a good rep in this board. They had a JV with Honda at one time, might still be in place.

4. #4 Re: Advice/Experiences on Jialing JH150E 
    Jialing does still have some kind of joint venture with Honda, but they only make badged Honda mowers and generators and such like. The engines they make these days are only badged Jialing, not Honda, but other than Sundiro and Wuyang who have the real joint ventures they must have the nearest to Honda designs...although they are probably making engines from 90's Honda blueprints.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

5. #5 Re: Advice/Experiences on Jialing JH150E 
    After some uncomfortable ride this man change the stock 27cm rear shock absorber to 31cm Yuan
    Last edited by humanbeing; 11-23-2009 at 03:25 AM.

6. #6 Re: Advice/Experiences on Jialing JH150E 
    C-Moto Senior
    Ok. That advice kicks ass. I will be doing that to my Rebel 250 soon.

7. #7 Re: Advice/Experiences on Jialing JH150E 
    Hello, I finally got to the point of obtaining my Costa Rican licence and today, Jan. 1st 2011 finally and legally went for a long ride, and I now understand this post about the rear stock absorber for the 31 cm. Boy I thought I was dismounting from a all day horseride. It might be that as I am a newbie, I am not accostumed to the vibration.

Should I assume that the 27cm stock rear shock absorbers are a bit "stiff" on the back?

8. #8 Re: Advice/Experiences on Jialing JH150E 
    Otto,
    Congratulations on getting legal. Hopefully you will get use to riding the bike. Are you sore from the seat or excessive vibration?
    Make sure your tires are not over inflated.

When I rode through your beautiful country in 1997 on my way to Panama the roads seemed a bit rough for a cruiser. A long travel dual sport bike might be a better choice.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #9 Re: Advice/Experiences on Jialing JH150E 
    Hello, I think both.... I am sore from the seat as I have no "seat time" on that bike. I have had it for 1.5 yrs and only has 200 km on it. Just to do small shopping chores around the house. Now that I have the license, I am looking forward traveling the countryside on weekends.

And yes, you are right, our roads are bumpy. I got some soreness from the lower back after I rode about 90 min. It might be that I just need to get used to it. I inflated the tires to specs on 29 psi. It might be that they are either at 29 or +- 3-4 psi. I need to re-check with a better measurement tool.

Regards,

Otto

10. #10 Re: Advice/Experiences on Jialing JH150E 
    Quote Originally Posted by OttoAcuna View Post
    Should I assume that the 27cm stock rear shock absorbers are a bit "stiff" on the back?
    http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_287621_2.htm. BAD condition in Tibetan Highway "killed" both rim (stock config). That guy say if he knews this "tick" earlier, the "trip" will smoother.
    Borrow common chinese made "Honda CGL125" (31cm) for short spin , u will know the difference. CGL125's config is very suitable for developing country Dual sport is another "animal"-- NOT suitable for "average" height person in these country.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 01-02-2011 at 06:05 AM.