Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Greetings MCM. New Member living in Gansu 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'd just like to say hello to everyone. I'm an American who arrived in Gansu Province a couple of months ago. I've been hooked on long distance motorcycling since college and have experience touring in the U.S. and Japan. I'm looking forward to the challenge of China and getting to know some of you here on MCM.

2. #2 Re: Greetings MCM. New Member living in Gansu 
    Welcome to the funny farm . Haven't met anybody from Ganzu yet, so it will be cool to see what kind of riding you have up there. What brought you to that part of the world?

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: Greetings MCM. New Member living in Gansu 
    Probably a healthy lack of sanity like the rest of us.

Welcome to the forum Nai. Like ChinaV said, not a whole lot of people on this forum from Gansu although it is an interesting place to ride.

You got plans?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #4 Re: Greetings MCM. New Member living in Gansu 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well, I had this 'inbetween things' year that I wanted to spend in China so I got an English teaching gig in the middle of nowhere. From my experience in Japan, I really think that's the way to go to get a unique experience. I also wanted to be on the doorstep to the west. I'm looking at a western China tour next July and August.

5. #5 Re: Greetings MCM. New Member living in Gansu 
    Welcome

What kind of bike are you thinking about buying?
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

6. #6 Re: Greetings MCM. New Member living in Gansu 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm just getting into the process of researching bikes, but thus far QingQi's lineup of dual-purpose bikes is most intriguing. It seems like a number of MCM users have experience with these bikes.

7. #7 Re: Greetings MCM. New Member living in Gansu 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiadhunter View Post
    I'd just like to say hello to everyone. I'm an American who arrived in Gansu Province a couple of months ago. I've been hooked on long distance motorcycling since college and have experience touring in the U.S. and Japan. I'm looking forward to the challenge of China and getting to know some of you here on MCM.
    Hey Naiadhunter
    a very warm welcome from Ningbo, chilly to be sure, so make that extra warm hello. My intro's several below yours I'm sure. Anyway myself and a few other expats plus a huge number of Chinese big bore riders (around 150+ from all over Zhejiang) do a lot of rides and get togethers several times a year -who knows maybe a few of us could put our heads together and come up with a few weekend/long holiday week meet-ups next year in different provinces... anyone up for that?

bikerdoc

8. #8 Re: Greetings MCM. New Member living in Gansu 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    who knows maybe a few of us could put our heads together and come up with a few weekend/long holiday week meet-ups next year in different provinces... anyone up for that?
    Hey Bikerdoc. Next year? Yeah, count me in.

9. #9 Re: Greetings MCM. New Member living in Gansu 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiadhunter View Post
    Hey Bikerdoc. Next year? Yeah, count me in.
    No worries, then, just give me a shout out when you get a set of wheels. Me and about a dozen guys ride frequently, and there are about a half-dozen of us that ride just a little more frequently than that. The last long ride we did was during the October holidays. Did the mid-lower half of Zhejiang, then me and a mate rode into Jiangxi, while the rest of the group rode back to Ningbo. My mate and I covered a total of 3000km in around two weeks moving from Jiangxi into Anhui, then back down to the southwest of Zhejiang before back along the east up to Ningbo and home. Got a few photos, but most of the time we was riding. Must get a helmet cam some day. We already got some FM walkie-talkies for communicating, between bikes
    DSCF2262.jpg
    Attached Images

10. #10 Re: Greetings MCM. New Member living in Gansu 
    DavidL19
    Ho there, China is amazing. I was only there for 15 days but it was unbelievable. I am also a big long distance rider myself, kinda by force because I live in Chicago and you need to ride 80 miles to get out of the city and suburbs to start riding for real. I am gathering routes from riders all over the world and putting them online on a map so other riders can try them. If you have a fun route or 2 please post them on allstate insurance route or allstate insurance moto. I am an affiliate of allstate and thus I am using their web pages for this. Thanks

David