Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 TYRE PRESSURE KSM200? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have a KONKER KSM 200 MOTARD and was wondering what you maniacs run for tyre pressures? [ 17 inch front and rear ]

2. #2 Re: TYRE PRESSURE KSM200? 
    Riding in Honduras C.A.
    Sundown motard service manual (same moto diferent brand if Im not wrong) said 33psi front and rear.

I use that on my Genesis Supermoto 200 (same moto diferent brand if Im not wrong)

I comute on paved roads and on a "very offroad" road and besides some funny fishtailing have no problem with that setting.

At some forum I read about a good way to set the preasure of the tires.

Cold tire: put X psi then go to ride 15min at usual speed.
    then see how much psi you got. If are less than X+3psi then you put too many air. If more than X+3psi you put not enough air and have to wait until tire get cold and satart all again.

Why teke all that efort?

Well is not the same going solo over the bike than in a full loaded bike for a 4k miles trip that could eat your rubber pretty soon.

Never try this. Anyone?

Saludes
    andres357mag
    Qingqi 200 Supermotard. (Genesis) Mods Until now:Rised Handelbar with stock risers and a lot of washers. Almost 10cm. Pillion handles eliminated and enduro model rack puted in place with turn signals just ziptied to it. Abominable Top Box over rack! Kickstarter removed for comfort (now inside TopBox). PCV pipe bolted to subframe holding my tools. Acerbis supermoto handlebar protector. Turnsignals bolted to the Abominable Top Box base.

3. #3 Re: TYRE PRESSURE KSM200 - look to WR250X 
    C-Moto Noob
    To make the long story short:

1. Look for a bike with similar tires, like Yamaha WR250X.
    2. Download the Yamaha WR250X maintenance manual from http://ymenvom.nl/manuals/U32DE3.PDF
    3. Go to the page 6-19, or see the pic attached and find the information

Cheers
    KSM200
    Attached Images

4. #4 Re: TYRE PRESSURE KSM200? 
    I haven't tried the hot/cold tire pressure test before. Although it makes some sense, I'm not really sure what it gives you more than simply filling to the pressure it says on the tires.

Generally, I've heard the tire pressure in the manual is for stock tires. Each tire will have it's own recommended pressure and they are definitely higher for heavier loads. Do your tires have a recommended pressure marked on them?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #5 Re: TYRE PRESSURE KSM200? 
    Riding in Honduras C.A.
    I supouse (not tryed yet) that gives you the optimal fingerprint (don;t know if this is a correct term) or tire to road contact. Not lo tiny like with over inflated tires (or less load) that gives you bad traction But not so big like under infalted tire (or overloaded) that gives you a lot of traction and hot and waste.

Dont remember that the tire has a normal psi, they always put max psi so you don;t over inflate it until explodes.

I use 33 couse that is what the sundown manual said. (downloaded from MCM)
    Qingqi 200 Supermotard. (Genesis) Mods Until now:Rised Handelbar with stock risers and a lot of washers. Almost 10cm. Pillion handles eliminated and enduro model rack puted in place with turn signals just ziptied to it. Abominable Top Box over rack! Kickstarter removed for comfort (now inside TopBox). PCV pipe bolted to subframe holding my tools. Acerbis supermoto handlebar protector. Turnsignals bolted to the Abominable Top Box base.

6. #6 Re: TYRE PRESSURE KSM200? 
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA ZANETTI View Post
    I have a KONKER KSM 200 MOTARD and was wondering what you maniacs run for tyre pressures? [ 17 inch front and rear ]

I copied the manual
    Front tire manufacturer Pirelli
    Dimensions 110/70 - 17 MT 75
    Tire pressure (cold) 1 Person 225 kPa
    front ((2.25 kgf/cm2, 33 psi)
    2 People 225 kPa
    (2.25 kgf/cm2, 33 psi)
    Rear tire manufacturer Pirelli
    Dimensions 130/70 - 17 MT 75
    Tire pressure (cold) 1 Person 225 kPa
    back (2.25 kgf/cm2, 33 psi)
    2 People 250 kPa (2.50 kgf/cm2, 36 psi)
    Sundown 200cc STX motard

7. #7 Re: TYRE PRESSURE KSM200? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanx I guess 33psi it is then.The manual I got with the bike says nothing about tyre pressures except to check them.