Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Greetings From Xinhui 
    I plan to buy a Lifeng DD250G-2 or maybe a SPT350 for riding around near Xinhui, Jiangmen where I live & work. I would appreciate any feedback/experience people have with these bikes.

2. #2 Re: Greetings From Xinhui 
    Bob,

Howdy and welcome. It would help us a great deal if you had some pics of the bikes you'd like to buy. It's by far the easiest way for us to ID machines.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: Greetings From Xinhui 
    Photos of the Lifeng bikes attached
    Attached Images

4. #4 Re: Greetings From Xinhui 
    Bob,

Oh yeah! The Regal Raptor line. Hit up ZMC888, I think he owns one of those and has a good thread/review about it.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1015

NJoy!
    CC

5. #5 Re: Greetings From Xinhui 
    Bob,

These bikes are OK quality, but inferior to most Japanese joint venture bikes. As with most Chinese manufacturers, their bikes are improving yearly, so buy later and you'll usually get an improved bike over the previous years'. Also with low quality bikes money can be spent to improve and or modify them, using better parts, also there are some chances that you'll buy a sweet bike, or a chance you'll buy a lemon.

I own the DD250G-2. and I have ridden an SPT250. My suggestion would be that liquid cooling on these bikes just adds too much weight and complexity to the bikes, weight that the so-so shocks have a problem dealing with. Also someone else has mentioned that the 350cc (really 320cc) is not available in China yet, as these engines are all being exported. Also if you are the first to attempt to register a new model in your region, it could be a hassle. I can't say which bike to go for, but 300cc (270cc) seems possible, and the 250cc (233.8cc) likely. The SPTs are heavier, less fun, and a bit awkward but run cooler and provide optimum power better, due to being cooled. The air-cooled DD250 runs a bit hot in the summer, and grumbles in hot weather going up hills. There is a liquid cooled version.

The Jonny Pag JPM FX-3, but I think this is not available in China.

Also have a look at Qingqi, Galaxy, Zongshen and Jialing bikes.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

6. #6 Re: Greetings From Xinhui 
    Bob,

If you're in Jiangmen Guangdong, you should be able to purchase and register the bike in your name. You will need a residence permit, but Jiangmen is a very motorcycle friendly city as there are several HUGE factories there.

I'm only 100kms east of you, so give me a shout if you want to drop by and test the Galaxy or the QingQi.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

7. #7 Re: Greetings From Xinhui 
    Happy Sunday All,

Went to the local Jialing dealer here in Jiangmen yesterday & paid down/ordered a black JH600 which should be delivered within a month

I have been reading the posts about this bike & decided it was "the one" for what I want here in the PRC

I've been reading about the modifications and am most definitely interested & will post/contact the JH600 owner here on this web site.

I live in Guifeng Garden in the mountain pass between Xinhui & Jiangmen just East of Guifeng Mountain. GPS coordinates 22°33'8.44"N 113° 2'8.65"E.

8. #8 Re: Greetings From Xinhui 
    2010 Greetings from Guifeng Mountain GPS coordinates 22°33'8.44"N 113° 2'8.65"E

Rode my new Jialing JH600 home from the dealer yesterday Nice ride compared to the smaller bikes but... Seems a bit tall & top heavy Maybe over the weekend I'll get more in sync with it. More impressions later as I ride around

Getting it registered in my name & licensed was "no-sweat" ( took 3 days ) with a residence permit & Chinese drivers license.
    Every Day .... An Adventure
    Every Meal ... A Feast
    Every Pay .... A Fortune

Ride: Triumph Bonneville 865

9. #9 Re: Greetings From Xinhui 
    Glad to hear it Bob, maybe a talked you out of a Regal Raptor a little, but I believe that a JH600 is a sweet bike, which is ideal for Chinese roads, and although 30,000 RMB quite a lot of money, it still represents good value for money. Especially as Jialing put more R&D into this bike than any Chinese manufacturer ever has before. I'm saving, if no Chinese company makes decent pure street 400cc+ bike in the next year or two, I'll probably buy one too.

I jealously (because it's too cold here) wish you happy and safe riding, I'm sure that you will get used to the bike and love it.

Please review the bike fully and it would be great if you could be objective. Many people, me included, want to know lots more about this bike.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

10. #10 Re: Greetings From Xinhui 
    Bob, congrats on the new addition to the stable!

Shave some top end weight by replacing the read muffler/can.

CC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast