Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. #151 Re: Post pics of your China Street Bike 
    those baggers are cool where can i get one of those.....

2. #152 Re: Post pics of your China Street Bike 
    Hardly Davidson :) man, that rocks!
    How much was it to re-do the tank?

3. #153 Re: Post pics of your China Street Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob PaulTheDevil's Avatar
    OMFG TRY READING IT, INSTEAD OF BEING SO QUICK TO POINT OUT THE OBVIOUS. its IN BLACK AND WHITE come on guys....

H A R L E Y = FAT BLOKES AMERICANA (joke)

H A R D L Y = ENGLISH FOR NOT REALLY

ITA A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i also own a ducati and a triumph but this costs LESS than some meals i have eaten. i wanted to play a joke on all those that come up and say 'how much' 'oh sweet harley' etc etc
    didn't expect to fool a westerner.
    old enough to know better but young enough not to care

4. #154 Re: Post pics of your China Street Bike 
    and why would you want 1 pannier?? you got a monocycle?? but however i digress, the panniers come from tabao cost 850 yuan with brackets. and come in black or white to match either colour bike

oh steve the tank isn't re done. the original badge is lacquered over, but is similar in shape to the harley eagle. so i had a white eagle emblem made to the same size and then the name overlaid.
    the decals are the real deal and cost 10 yuan each .fitted. i got them from the old scooterville. i lost the card but will go again and get the number 4 u. its next to the motorbike wash and the guy welding /repairing near the top. you cant miss it its got hundreds of decals on the wall and a lot of helmets etc. they got another shop at the new scooterville but they have the printing.cutting machine their.

5. #155 Re: Post pics of your China Street Bike 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Personally I had a good and well timed chuckle when I read the post and saw the pictures of the Hardly Davidson... good stuff, and I am sure every local that approaches will want to know "how much it cost" so fill your boots I say... sometimes just despite them all, I reply that my bike (insert model and make here as I own and ride 4 here and counting) cost one yuan... that confuses the fark out of them...

6. #156 Re: Post pics of your China Street Bike 
    cheers bd, just remember you saw it here first. i have had its pic taken by many westerners as well,so i guess you will se a few more hardly's soon.
    the best bit was when i was having the logos fitted a couple of shanghai ''dudes'' (haha) and their shanganese clown dressed girls( wearing mini skirts pink high heals and anything with a western logo on it) rode up on their daddy bought harleys and saw the bike, much to my surprise they laughed with me and took pics and saw it as funny
    dont get me wrong. i live with the locals,know many of them and have many many friends.hell i married one ,for my sins. just the ponses and posers i hate. and the ''f.i.l.t.h."westerners as do most of the genuine locals. bit like the way the french hate parisiens.

7. #157 Re: Post pics of your China Street Bike 
    C-Moto Noob
    IMG0047A.jpg My Loncin 200 Cyclone. It's a toy compared to my USA bikes but still fun for cruising around the Zhejiang countryside.

8. #158 Re: Post pics of your China Street Bike 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Little Wolf,

Thanks for posting! And welcome to MCM!

OK, first things first: How is it that you have a nice little Loncin 200 in a "dry town" like Hangzhou? Do you live outside the city center? Is the ban more relaxed in some parts of town compared to others? What happens when you are stopped by police?

I look forward to reading more about your riding adventures, and learning about the life of a motorcyclist in a dry town!

More pix, please, and cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #159 Re: Post pics of your China Street Bike 
    C-Moto Noob
    euphonius: Thanks for your response. While motorcycles are only allowed outside the city center you don't have to go very far to get to where you can ride. I live just outside the forbidden zone so I never have any problems. I usually go riding on the weekends with an unofficial club of superbike enthusiasts that are mostly Hangzhou motorcycle cops. Moganshan is a favorite destination for us. Miles of windy road with turns you can get seriously sideways and smooth pavement.

I've never been stopped by the police because I've never had a reason. I do see some guys risk driving in the downtown and not have problems but I've seen plenty of guys on those noisy scooter things get stopped and have their scooters seized. And good riddance to those noisy little bastards speeding down the sidewalks

10. #160 Re: Post pics of your China Street Bike 
    C-Moto Noob
    Brec Motorcycle.jpg28.jpgWHERE THE FUCK ARE WE.jpg

A few pics on the rods outside Hangzhou

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast