Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob john in leeds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Granted it's a 950 and looks like it has good performance...it's still hard to get over the outrageous price tag.

You would think they should be able to offer it for less. Where does the cost come from?

CC

See post #25 from Nick

The imported components are all really top quality - suspension, brakes, running gear and it really makes a difference certainly if you engage in any competition. They are all proven. If Louija come up with the goods producing a top quality frame and engine with the proviso of improvements already mentioned the bike will really be worth the money.

The problem being it will sell in fewer numbers.

Expensive and overpriced bikes do sell and sell well, just look at BMW. Louija Highland must get the product right, if they do it will sell and sell well, there is just nothing else like it. They just cannot get it wrong, it is just not worth the gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by olds_cool63 View Post
    That bike sure is a beaut! If they were about $8500 - $9500, I think they wouldn't be able to build them fast enough.
    I can go down to the local bike shop here in Sydney and pay $9000.00AUD on the road for a Kawasaki KLR 650.A tried and true work horse(10 + years) with dealer back up across the country and parts back up.Bike maybe not as good as a Highlander but when I am out in the boon docks I do not want my bike to break down and then find I can not get the parts for a week or two if it does.

Which one would I choose.
    Last edited by bigdamo; 06-06-2008 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by john in leeds View Post
    See post #25 from Nick

The imported components are all really top quality - suspension, brakes, running gear and it really makes a difference certainly if you engage in any competition. They are all proven. If Louija come up with the goods producing a top quality frame and engine with the proviso of improvements already mentioned the bike will really be worth the money.

The problem being it will sell in fewer numbers.

Expensive and overpriced bikes do sell and sell well, just look at BMW. Louija Highland must get the product right, if they do it will sell and sell well, there is just nothing else like it. They just cannot get it wrong, it is just not worth the gamble.
    Its just that the Frame and Engine which are major components of the bike are unproven.

See post #25 from Nick

The imported components are all really top quality - suspension, brakes, running gear and it...

True it looks like they're taking an interesting gamble on this bike but still, as BigD mentioned the frame and engine are the major components of the bike and have not been tested.

BMW's may be overpriced but you're also paying for the marketing the company does to develop it's reputation in motorcycling which has been around for almost 70 years now?

If the Loujia is a good bike then I'm sure it will have some following even at the high price, but to really get ahead in the industry, they may have to operate at a loss at first...but really, if the frame and engine are cheaper...why still with the high price? I mean forks and brakes are expensive but 12,000 bucks?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    I can go down to the local bike shop here in Sydney and pay $9000.00AUD on the road for a Kawasaki KLR 650...
    Which one would I choose.
    For 12k USD you can get a 08 KLR and pimp the sh*t out of it. Sam, a member here has done just that. Wonder what it cost him?

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hp?t=28&page=3

CC

For 12k USD you can get a 08 KLR and pimp the sh*t out of it. Sam, a member here has done just that. Wonder what it cost him?

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hp?t=28&page=3

CC
    I under stand that but you know that top class suspension and components really make a difference. This bike can be better than the KTM950 SE I reckon, lighter, more grunt and greater range. Read any of the 950 SE stuff on the web, what respect and loyalty.

With all due respect to the KLR and I have ridden a few the speed and handling just don't compare. My Highland will cruise as fast as I can hold on on the tar and then just be awesome when it ends. It is still a bit heavy for the very technical stuff but IMHO ahead of the 1200gs and KToom Adventure off piste.

The proof of the pudding will be when Louija rolls one out for test.

In the meantime a pic of the cams in roller bearings - look good to me.

So what you're saying is it's the shizznit!

I really hope the bike takes off and the first release is a success. It sounds like it might be an ideal adveturer-tourer like the 1200 and 950. What are parts availability currently like? Do you know what kind of options have been available for it so far?

Luggage racks, crash bars?

CC

So what you're saying is it's the shizznit!

Luggage racks, crash bars?

CC
    Shizznit Carl? let's hope so.

Crash bars? there is very little that is exposed that is likely to break (unlike the big Beemers and KTMs) - I've dropped mine a time or two off road and the hand guards took all the scrapes, it still looks good.

There is a standards alloy tail rack that works well but no factory luggage that I know of. A mate Grant in Scotland is having a pannier set fitted now for a long tour next year. When it surfaces I'll post the details. So far I've just used soft stuff from Ortleib. I like my bikes to be narrow, don't like the 'mortuary box' look.

Another promo pic I came across. Will this bike be the most powerful to come off a production line in China?

Another promo pic I came across. Will this bike be the most powerful to come off a production line in China?
    It seems likely but they sure don't market the bike for crap. Even if it's the best thing since sliced bread, if people don't know about it...it doesn't exists.

Do you know who the marketing/advertising is being handled by?

CC

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast