Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Banyun Bike parts market in GuangZhou 
    I don't have the precise address in Pinyin but below is the ditu.google.com location of this bike market. In the center of the map, on the main street (Zengcha Road?) south - north.

The market is split in 3 areas. 2 are adjacent on the east side of the road. one is in a building on the west side.

http://ditu.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UT...,0.013551&z=17

You'll find everything about chinese bikes and scooters, street and off road gear/helmet for riders, luggages, kids bikes and atv.

On the west zone of the market, there is a big shop of used parts for Japanese bikes.
    Last edited by Brice; 05-26-2008 at 04:06 AM.

Thanks for sharing Brice. I went over there yesterday and took a look.

Here is the location of Zengcha road on a Pinyin map

And my GPS track showing the east side market

I would say there are over 200 shops selling a wide variety of hard parts and accessories. Some nice stores with high end riding gear, but I was disappointed that I couldn't find decent tires for my BMW or V-Strom. Most of the sales people were pretty clueless about the products they were selling and didn't seem very interested in helping unless you pretended to be an international buyer with large purchasing volume.

Nothing fancy, but you can easily waste a couple hours wandering around.

I always bring Jenny on the shopping expeditions, her bargaining skills are pure magic.

Nice looking helmets for RMB 160.00 (thats 23 USD) unbelievable.

A lot of little dirtbikes and 4 wheelers, but not many bigger Chinese bikes.

Jenny liked the mini-Harley for RMB 2100.00 (300 USD). If it was pink with Hello Kitty, I think she would have made me buy it.

I purchased two rear top cases for a total of RMB 250 (36 USD) After I get them mounted on the V-Strom and BMW, I will take a few pictures and post a review.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

You are a lucky man! Congrats to Jenny.:thumbup:

From the pics, I guess you were in the older area of the market. Have you been in the smaller zone just north of this one? There is one or two tires shops and last time I was there they have some Metzeler Karoo (800 or 900 RMB?) and some Dunlop for Dual Sport, but most of the stock is street.

I bought this kind of helmet for wife and I, brand is MRC, well built and comfortable. They are DOT and mostly made for export.

4. #4 Re: Bike parts market in GuangZhou 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    This is a Google maps link, I may go there in 10 days, it's close to the airport!

5. #5 Re: Bike parts market in GuangZhou 

6. #6 Re: Bike parts market in GuangZhou 
    Since I've decided to put off buying my bike because I feel like it's pretty much going to rain for the next two months, and since I can't think about much else besides getting a bike and getting out on/off the road, I decided to check out the motorcycle market. And what a shitty, rainy day it was to be out and about in Guangzhou today. Picked up this nice helmet- an LS2 FF370- for 300 kuai, which is roughly the same price I've seen it offered for on Taobao. I got to try it on and find the right size, however. This shop was in the East Side (North) part of the market. DSC_6961.jpgDSC_6962.jpg

7. #7 Re: Bike parts market in GuangZhou 
    P.S. I love that "new helmet" smell...