Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Gretings from Devon 
    Hallo, I am just introducing myself to those here of this forum, for I have found myself in the position of becoming the owner of, I think, a Pulse Adrenaline 125. I say think, because the bike has no decals on it, the previous owner went for the stealth look, either way, the previous owner said it was a Pioneer, me, I am clueless as to what it is beyond a 125cc supermoto design.

The bike has come with a load of spares, parts scavenged from another bike, a full front fork, two wheels, tyres, exhaust, brake disk and rear sprocket, so I shouldn't be left needing there, but the complete bike does need a bit of tidying up, something to play with this winter, as riding, well, for me, I last rode a bike 15 years ago, my cbt part 1, I then got a car, so never rode again, but I now need a bike, so I have the thing.

My internet searching about the thing, always seemed to lead to this website, so, if this is where the knowledge is, I need to be here, so I joined and here I am.

2. #2 Re: Gretings from Devon 
    Well I hope we can be of some assistance. There's so many different types of Chinese bikes out there it can actually boggle the mind. As a result, we generally need photos to help us identify bikes/parts for what they are if nobody has direct experience with it. Engines will tend to be of either Honda or Suzuki design with a couple Yamaha's from time to time. I'd guess to say Honda "inspired" copies are the most common though.

Your Franken-bike sounds like an interesting project! Please take lots of pics and keep us posted on the progress.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: Gretings from Devon 
    Welcome

As I said on the other post, I think learning more about Qingqi and Suzuki will help expand your knowledge of this machine, although it seems Qingqi don't directly make a 125cc version of your bike I believe.

I live in China, actually very close to where you bike was probably made. Although my family are from Kingsbridge in.....Devon! Where are you from?
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

4. #4 Re: Gretings from Devon 
    ZMC, the 125 version of the QingQi (Pulse Adrenalin) is actually more commonly produced than the 200. Much of the info in the manual should be the same.

Sprocket, if you haven't found it already, we have a free downloadable and wonderfully illustrated version of the complete service manual for your bike on MCM thanks to some brothers in Brazil. Only draw back is it's in Portuguese (unless you can read Portuguese) but with a little elbow grease I'm sure you can figure it out.

Link to manual:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725

CC

5. #5 Re: Gretings from Devon 
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl
    ZMC, the 125 version of the QingQi (Pulse Adrenalin) is actually more commonly produced than the 200.
    I think that the Qingqi 125cc version is not actually available in China according to their website, they have some ugly thing called a Tracker 125, but that is clearly a cheaper bike than a Pulse Adrenaline 125.

However this need for higher production capacity is probably why the (Shandong) Pioneer name and possibly different assembly plant was set up, and also to be manufactured under the different brand names for each region/country. I know we are talking about what is really the same bike, but I was talking about the Qingqi 'badgedness'! I really don't think the 125 is bolted together in central Jinan, I'm sure they have an out of town assembly plant for these Pioneer things, but many parts like engines are probably made in central Jinan.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

6. #6 Re: Gretings from Devon 
    Damn, I missed an 'e' out of greetings.

Thanks for the info regarding what my thing may be, and thanks for the link to the manual, I did resist before, due to not knowing what the bike was, but have now downloaded it, and had a quick look through, the Motard version does look similar, and I can work my way through the pictures. Torque specs in the right place are useful too.

Where am I from, well originally, near Liverpool, but now in the sunny southwest, I am in Plymouth, ten minutes walk from the sea with the moors behind. Must get on with rust proofing when I get the bike, which might be tommorrow.

Oh, one final question, how does one pronounce '' Quingqi '' ?

7. #7 Re: Gretings from Devon 
    Qingqi is pronounced something like 'Ching-chee'.

Oh, Plymouth, yes know it well! Dartmoor and other areas around there are great in the summer!

8. #8 Re: Gretings from Devon 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I think that the Qingqi 125cc version is not actually available in China according to their website, they have some ugly thing called a Tracker 125, but that is clearly a cheaper bike than a Pulse Adrenaline 125.
    By production I didn't mean for sale in China. I know the 125's (or at least some) are produced in Jinan because I've seen them being produced in Jinan. They are not for sale in China but the 125s are much more popular in Europe and South America because of various legal stuff.

CC

9. #9 Re: Gretings from Devon 
    Carl, we are both right, according to what we actually meant!

It's Christmas

10. #10 Re: Gretings from Devon 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Carl, we are both right, according to what we actually meant!
    Sounds like the best of all possible outcomes to me!

Cheers mate!

CC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast