Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pioneer,Pulse thing, what exactly is it ? 
    Ok, I have a bike coming, no decals on it, but it was suggested it is a Pulse Adrenaline 125, and it certainly looks like one compared to complete pictures of them new, but on asking the vendor who makes it, the reply was Pioneer, so, who exactly are Pulse ?

But I am beginning to understand this thing is called many things in many countries, but, if a Pulse Adrenaline, what is it in other parts of the world, and what is it based on ?

Is there a repair manual available for this bike, as I am looking for some technical information to look over to familiarise myself with a machine I don't know a great deal about, bikes, well, aside from an old Suzuki GP100 twenty odd years ago, I know very little. I do however have mechanical and repair knowlege, having restored a VW Transporter and series one land-rover in the past, the latter, from the ground up, it taught me mechanics.I was also a plant fitter and small tools repairman, so I have a useful grounding, but need input basically, particularly wiring diagrams, as I know the bike has some electrical faults to fix.

Is there any online help for these machines, or is it a case of just poke around until something works kind of scenario ?

2. #2 Re: Pioneer,Pulse thing, what exactly is it ? 
    There is a company called Pioneer who are by another name Qingqi. Pulse are obviously the UK branding for these machines.
    Qingqi have a joint venture with Suzuki. However these bikes contain Suzuki technology, but are not directly made by the joint venture they are made by Qingqi themselves with their own designs and R&D. I have seen a Pulse adrenaline in the UK in Dartmouth (coincidence?! ), and all I can say is rust proof the bike the best you can, especially if you live near the sea, and or leave the bike outside!

Certainly Suzuki service manuals will come in handy when servicing the bike.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

3. #3 Re: Pioneer,Pulse thing, what exactly is it ? 
    Thanks, the information you provided, is a start, for I am one of those type of people that just needs to know the background of things.

No, it was not my thing in Dartmouth, but I do live by the sea, and rust proofing was going to be one of my first jobs to do, as there is some surface rust on the thing already. My plans were to hammerite all the exposed framework, a nice thick gloopy paint that resists impact, then, inject waxoyl into the frame and wax the aluminium work on it, as I know what this seaside air does to aluminum. Electrics and cables, well inject oil into cables, and spray electrics with water displacement, fortieth attempt. I have been warned about the exhaust downpipe, yeah, its got rust on it, so some high temperature paint I think, and some shielding.

My plans are to spend January getting the thing to how I want it, get it ready, then the following month, use it, knowing well that I have prepared it to my liking.

The bike is to be my sole transport, for getting to and from college, shops etc, just general purpose, it's protection from decay, is a priority.

4. #4 Re: Pioneer,Pulse thing, what exactly is it ? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Just use ACF-50 to rustproof it. It's amazing stuff !

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/

5. #5 Re: Pioneer,Pulse thing, what exactly is it ? 
    I think sanding the frame a little and buying some spray-on truck bed liner would not only weather proof the steel but could make it look pretty cool as well... plus you wouldn't have to worry about paint scratching down to bare metal. Also worth mentioning is it dries in a matter of minutes, is permanent (so won't need to be reapplied every year), odorless after a few hours and is ready to use right away!

If you do take a spill and scratch the frame just sand the area lightly, bust out the can and cover it up... you probably won't even see the damage anymore!

Screw, nuts and bolts are a different matter.

Oh and wrap the exhaust...

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

6. #6 Re: Pioneer,Pulse thing, what exactly is it ? 
    Wrap the exhaust ?

But at last a photo of the thing, which I now understand to be a Pulse Adrenaline 125

I had the idea to strip and re-anodise the spare forks I have and the Renthal bars seen on the bike in a nice red colour as a contrast to the matt black and silver

7. #7 Re: Pioneer,Pulse thing, what exactly is it ? 
    Wrapping the exhaust as part of rust prevention...the header on these bikes rust over just about anything and wrapping it will prevent that from happening... or at least looking like crap.

You know, these may not be the bikes on the planet but I think they look pretty sweet... esp considering the price. If this is your daily commuter, I would suggest adding a rack.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

8. #8 Re: Pioneer,Pulse thing, what exactly is it ? 
    Gotta say it looks fairly sweet for an 07 example (I was expecting much worse). Also if you ride it enough wrapping the exhaust should not be necessary, although I think covering the bike in oil or grease (but not on the brake disk) is a good idea.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

9. #9 Re: Pioneer,Pulse thing, what exactly is it ? 
    Thanks, I also looked into the exhaust wrap thing too, it also helps to stop boots from melting and is good from a performance point of view. What I need to know now, is can the wrap be painted over with VHT header paint.

The bike in it's present guise, that of the stealth look, I quite like and it will continue to be that way, as I am not one for the bling. It was also fortunate it was black, as that is the colour I prefer for my vehicles and my personal attire, even my mountain bike, a '94 Saracen is black with shiny silver bits and red detailing. I always liked the understated look and my Pulse thing suits my artistic eye.

The bike, is currently heavily soaked in water displacement fluid, as it is out there in the elements waiting for a dry day when I can go and attack the frame with sandpaper and Finnigan's Hammerite. What bits I can detach I have already done so, cleaned, rust treated and given two coats of the hammered black finish, my flat now looks like a junk yard, bits of bike everywhere.

A rack is going to be put on, and a top box eventually, the rack idea, I am going to go the way of another member here and drill the pillion grab handles to accept threaded bar to mount a top box, as I won't be taking passengers on the bike, so have removed the pillion foot pegs and hangers.

Oh, for an '07 bike, it has 4000 miles recorded on the odometer

10. #10 Re: Pioneer,Pulse thing, what exactly is it ? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
    Thanks, I also looked into the exhaust wrap thing too, it also helps to stop boots from melting and is good from a performance point of view. What I need to know now, is can the wrap be painted over with VHT header paint.

The bike in it's present guise, that of the stealth look, I quite like and it will continue to be that way, as I am not one for the bling. It was also fortunate it was black, as that is the colour I prefer for my vehicles and my personal attire, even my mountain bike, a '94 Saracen is black with shiny silver bits and red detailing. I always liked the understated look and my Pulse thing suits my artistic eye.

The bike, is currently heavily soaked in water displacement fluid, as it is out there in the elements waiting for a dry day when I can go and attack the frame with sandpaper and Finnigan's Hammerite. What bits I can detach I have already done so, cleaned, rust treated and given two coats of the hammered black finish, my flat now looks like a junk yard, bits of bike everywhere.

A rack is going to be put on, and a top box eventually, the rack idea, I am going to go the way of another member here and drill the pillion grab handles to accept threaded bar to mount a top box, as I won't be taking passengers on the bike, so have removed the pillion foot pegs and hangers.

Oh, for an '07 bike, it has 4000 miles recorded on the odometer
    )))))))))))its probley been around the clock lol.or lad who a b4 woz good at wheeleys(((((((((((((((((((((((((

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast