Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Zongshen 'Cyclone' range 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Seems Zongshen introduced a SuperMoto style motorcycle to their Cyclone Range.

I do not know if there are any 'Zongshen' Dealers that are importing the new 'Cyclone' range, but there should be in my opinion. The attention to detail and design is much improved as as the Quality, with things like 'Showa' suspension. No doubt much of this has come out of the partnership with Piaggio of Italy, and Harley Davidson of the USA, that also helping them improve the Marketing and Sales. (Zongshen certainly needed help with their 'English' as it seems Google translation does better!).

Anyway it seems there is a different Dual Sport added to the Cyclone Range - the Zongshen Ryuka ZS150GY-10C FLY

Product Details:
    Type Dirt Bike
    Fuel Gas / Diesel
    Displacement 125cc
    Engine Type 4-Stroke
    Max. Speed > 80km/h
    Condition New
    Brand Name zongshen
    Model Number ZS125GY-10C
    Brake(F/R) disc

Detailed Product Description

1.Special off-road water-cooling engine
    2.Incomparable passability
    3.Low and even impact
    4.Easy and smooth operation performa

Model: ZS125GY-10C/ZS150GY-10C
    Engine: SB125D
    Displacement: 124.04ml
    Bore × Stroke: 56.5×49.5
    Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
    Ignition: CDI
    Starter: Electronic/Kick
    Wheel Base: 1405mm
    Max Power/rev Kw/(rpm): 8.0/8500(1±5%)
    Max Torque/rev N.m/(rpm): 9.2/7500(1±5%)
    Max Speed: 95Km/h
    Brake: Front: Disc;Rear:Disc
    Clutch Type: Manual Wet Multi-Plate
    L * W * H: 2155×804×1194mm
    Min.Ground Clearance: 260mm
    Net Weight(Kg): 127
    Fuel Tank Capacity: 6.5L
    Fuel Economical Consumption: ≤2.2 L/100km
    Optional Engine: SB150D
    Package: 50units/40HQ

The Zongshen Ryuka, is in the showrooms in Thailand, so why not the Philippines?

See Zongshen Ryuka ZS150GY-10C fly, now in Thailand.

by Moto-Rex » 26.02.2010, 15:47

I spotted these two Zongshen Ryuka ZS150GY-10C FLY motards, (now there's a mouthful)
    in a Chiang Rai motor bike shop yesterday.
    They were 69000 baht.
    I dont know what they would be like, but the overall finish looks pretty good.
    SRP BAHT69K is about Php100K!

by Captain_Slash » 16.03.2010, 19:07

I saw this one in a shop in Chonnabot near to Khon Kaen today, 69000 Baht here too but I still havent seen one out on the road yet

2. #2 Re: Zongshen 'Cyclone' range 
    I have the (Zongshen Gy-Fly) ZS150 Cyclone dual sport same as the Ryuka but not the upside down forks or normal road wheels, see for yourself

3. #3 Re: Zongshen 'Cyclone' range 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeta View Post
    I have the (Zongshen Gy-Fly) ZS150 Cyclone dual sport same as the Ryuka but not the upside down forks or normal road wheels, see for yourself

Seems MotoStar (Zongshen OEM Distributor) is not stocking/selling both the Motard Version with the Inversted Showa Front Forks as 'Moto R155' and for Php63,000 for CASH which is about the same price as Honda XRM 125, so if Build Quality and Reliabily with these 'CYCLONE' range is what it appears to be from photos, then this is excellent value for money and should sell a lot of them.

Think the Dual Sport as you show with conventional Showa Front Forks, the bigger wheels with Dual Sport Tires (except Motostar call it'Moto X155'), cost bit less.

Just wondering why they calling it '155' not '150' (slightly bigger capacity engine?)

4. #4 Re: Zongshen 'Cyclone' range 
    so far so good but there are some rust issues on the bolts above the plastic petrol tank already, but nothing serious as a little WD40 helps.
    I think they call it a 150 to get around the law for emissions, dont quote me on that i an not entirely sure.
    Gearing is crap for 8 months i thought it was only 4 gears because they stick a bit and you really have to push to get them in, one day i was sitting at the lights for a long time so i cut the engine and played with the gears and discovered the 5th gear lol i and i did laugh out loud right there and then with a bemusement on the chinese peoples faces hehe.

Well i drove home and tinkerd with the cable and to the best of my ability got it to kick in 5th gear now , but and this is a big BUT the gears are stiff when the engine is on, but smooth when off, sometimes it misses gears altogether and goes into other gears, accidental downshift gear when in nuetral to first gear, so a good idea to hold the clutch in or switch off.

Balance is a bit iffy feels front heavy and the turing lock is small so a bit of practise in confined areas is a good idea.

but apart from a degraded water pipe i had to replace, it runs ok and has good acceleration.

This is an added bit to let you know of the sudden brake lock on the fron brakes, i stopped on an incline at the traffic lights and the front brake siezed on me, horns were blazing to get me to move but no avail, got out the tool box and tried to let loose the lever but it was solid on position,
    could not release the lever at all tried to take caliper off, nope , so a brainwave struck me to bleed the fluid out,
    ok it let go so i moved the bike off ther road to som e shelter from the blazing sun ( i tell you my arms are red lol) so i pulled on the lever again to see what the problem was and the pistons again siezed the pads full on to the disk,
    so eventually bled the the thing as there wasnt much fluid left to ush the pistons on again , then had to drive home with only the back brake!!! got it home and took off the lever it was ok so took off the caliper to find the pistons fully out a simple squirt of wd 40 made the pistons go back in with a push and then i added the fluid back into the tank and hey presto,
    its ok now, but the frightening thing is it seized very quickly, i only pulled on the lever gently and the whole bike waS SOLID STOPPED, so if you were going along the road at the time to think if i pulled on the brake at that time may have led to an accident as it fully locked up on me.as the chinese say EEEya!!!
    Last edited by Robeta; 08-29-2011 at 04:24 AM. Reason: EW PROBLEMS WITH FRONT BRAKE LEVER AND PISTONS FRONT WHEEL

5. #5 Re: Zongshen 'Cyclone' range 
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeta View Post
    so far so good but there are some rust issues on the bolts above the plastic petrol tank already, but nothing serious as a little WD40 helps.
    I think they call it a 150 to get around the law for emissions, dont quote me on that i an not entirely sure.
    Gearing is crap for 8 months i thought it was only 4 gears because they stick a bit and you really have to push to get them in, one day i was sitting at the lights for a long time so i cut the engine and played with the gears and discovered the 5th gear lol i and i did laugh out loud right there and then with a bemusement on the chinese peoples faces hehe.

Well i drove home and tinkerd with the cable and to the best of my ability got it to kick in 5th gear now , but and this is a big BUT the gears are stiff when the engine is on, but smooth when off, sometimes it misses gears altogether and goes into other gears, accidental downshift gear when in nuetral to first gear, so a good idea to hold the clutch in or switch off.

Balance is a bit iffy feels front heavy and the turing lock is small so a bit of practise in confined areas is a good idea.

but apart from a degraded water pipe i had to replace, it runs ok and has good acceleration.

This is an added bit to let you know of the sudden brake lock on the fron brakes, i stopped on an incline at the traffic lights and the front brake siezed on me, horns were blazing to get me to move but no avail, got out the tool box and tried to let loose the lever but it was solid on position,
    could not release the lever at all tried to take caliper off, nope , so a brainwave struck me to bleed the fluid out,
    ok it let go so i moved the bike off ther road to som e shelter from the blazing sun ( i tell you my arms are red lol) so i pulled on the lever again to see what the problem was and the pistons again siezed the pads full on to the disk,
    so eventually bled the the thing as there wasnt much fluid left to ush the pistons on again , then had to drive home with only the back brake!!! got it home and took off the lever it was ok so took off the caliper to find the pistons fully out a simple squirt of wd 40 made the pistons go back in with a push and then i added the fluid back into the tank and hey presto,
    its ok now, but the frightening thing is it seized very quickly, i only pulled on the lever gently and the whole bike waS SOLID STOPPED, so if you were going along the road at the time to think if i pulled on the brake at that time may have led to an accident as it fully locked up on me.as the chinese say EEEya!!!
    gud morning big boys,
    am planning to buy a moto x 155 from the motorstar. it looks good but no idea about the quality..i want to hear from you who bought one. i like the red one. any advise..thanks
    God bless you and your family

6. #6 Re: Zongshen 'Cyclone' range 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by tolits View Post
    gud morning big boys,
    am planning to buy a moto x 155 from the motorstar. it looks good but no idea about the quality..i want to hear from you who bought one. i like the red one. any advise..thanks
    God bless you and your family
    Motostar is now offering both the Dual Sport (Zongshen ZS150 GY-10) as Moto X155, and the newer release Super Motard version, with Inverted Showa Front Forks, and 17" wheels (ZS150 GY-10C), as Moto R155

Php55-69,000 Cash (depending on Location/Dealer)

Eastworld Moto sa Caloocan, 55k cash
    Motorstar Basak Mandaue 69k cash ug 72k srp.
    sa enduro type ug 63k cash, sa motard type pero diri sa Cebu
    ug Bohol sa akong panganbas is 62k cash enduro ug 69k motard.

On ChinaRiders Forum I came across a Report (My Zong 150GY and Ride Log) by a Pinoy Biker (jeremy2011) who bought the Motostar MotoR155 (because his local Dealer were not stocking the Moto X155?)

Anyway he took his Motard version, Off-Road and quickly discovered the limitations of 17" wheels shod with very much 'Road Tires' (bit like an XRM 125).

Jeremy converted to 21" Front and 18" Rear Rims with a wheel rebuild, and had fitted some fairly aggressive Off-Road Tires. I think.

So I guess Jeremy's Water-cooled 155cc Zong has become a Moto XR155 being a Dual Sport (like the Moto X155), but having the Inverted front SHOWA Forks (of the Moto R155)

I am not sure if one is allowed to add Hyperlinks to other forums, so I played safe and did not add any! Should be easy enough to find from a Search, as you have which Forum it is on , the 'OP''s forum Name and the Thread Title

I think he has got himself a better value Bike (under half the price), than a Honda XR200 in the philippines